Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor: Lord of the Hunt DLC Announced

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor team has announced that it will be releasing a new downloadable content package called "Lord of the Hunt". New screens were revealed on the Shadow of Mordor Facebook page.

Prepare for more tall-tales from Torvin, in the Lord of the Hunt DLC, coming soon. Battle beastmaster warchiefs, dominate new monsters, and much more in hours of new added gameplay.

image     image

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Now if they let me PLAY as Torvin, I'll be a happy Bill.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• Mange1Mange1 Member UncommonPosts: 266
    Torvin the easily forgettable tool?  Lets you hunt things then takes credit for it.
  • AthisarAthisar Member UncommonPosts: 666
    I bought this game a couple of days before release because of the very positive reviews. I still haven't played it - I'm so tired of games being buggy at launch, lacking later added features, etc. that I want to play it once this stuff gets sorted out. Maybe when this DLC is out.
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by BillMurphy
    Now if they let me PLAY as Torvin, I'll be a happy Bill.

I want to play as Queen Marwen. Not when she was adventurous, though, just when she got to sit in the chair and stomp her staff around telling people to do stuff for her. Soooo Epic! 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

Originally posted by Athisar
    I bought this game a couple of days before release because of the very positive reviews. I still haven't played it - I'm so tired of games being buggy at launch, lacking later added features, etc. that I want to play it once this stuff gets sorted out. Maybe when this DLC is out.

Hey, they have some free DLC out already. Might as well start playing and then pick that DLC up. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    ----------------

Originally posted by CrazKanuk

Hey, they have some free DLC out already. Might as well start playing and then pick that DLC up. 

I bought the season pass :) I'm a Tolkien fan and thought I'd risk it as it received pretty much universal praise. In the past games I've liked have been spoilt a bit by launch problems and when they get fixed I can't be bothered to go back and start again.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

In truth, I find the whole beast system the most uninteresting part of the game. The most fun I have is being in a fortress and trying to take out as many orcs as possible while they are on high alert.

It's very fun during a thunderstorm.

Otherwise, I'm halfway through the main story and that will probably just finish the game for me.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

I bought the season pass :) I'm a Tolkien fan and thought I'd risk it as it received pretty much universal praise. In the past games I've liked have been spoilt a bit by launch problems and when they get fixed I can't be bothered to go back and start again.

Booo, sucky. What happened? 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    ----------------

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

I'm conflicted about this game: the gameplay is sort of fun, but at the same time it doesn't deserve the often raving reviews IMO.

Because:

1) It has one of the weakest stories in gaming history ever period. With one of the most uninteresting generic protagonists ever. I could seriously write the ENTIRE storyline down on a piece of toiletpaper.

Failing to do so, lets summarize it in one sentence: "Seasoned ranger of Gondor Talion gets his family and himself murdered by the black captains of Mordor and orcs ("Uruks"), so he gets revenge on them with the aid of the Elven wraith which possessed his body after death due to a ritual by the aforementioned black captains."

That's it.

2) Combat is really fun but loses its appeal extremely fast as your character is ridiculously OP. I could simply fight an entire outpost of orcs at the same time and still not lose by having a few key runes and staying on the outside of the horde.

3) The Nemesis system is pretty neat, but fails to impress because aforementioned OPness. Because you never die if you're playing seriously, no mobs ever get to the point where they can pose a challenge.

4) Very bland and boring environments despite otherwise excellent graphics. Very little variety in enemies.

5) Mothafucking quick time events (also during the beast mounting which this DLC adds to), even an ENTIRE ENDING made up of QTE's.

6) Stealth mechanics are stupid, again making your character hilariously OP.

So yeah, while the animations and the gameplay are fun, it stayed on the level of a bland experience for me. The Nemesis system was a great idea but would have been so much better in a game that was generally better.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

Booo, sucky. What happened? 

Nothing major, just sometimes I get put off by early bugs, play the game and can't be bothered later to go back for new content. I'll give this one a go soon.

• sipusipu Member UncommonPosts: 200

is it a mmorpg?

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Originally posted by sipu

is it a mmorpg?

On this website, everything that generates clicks is enough "mmorpg" to get covered.

Besides that, can't wait for the DLC....really like the game despite it's issues.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

Feel the same way.  Better to wait and let them work out the problems from rushing a game and usually get it at a lower price. 

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey