Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Razer Introduces Naga Epic Chroma Gaming Mouse

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Razer is introducing the gaming world to a new mouse today in the form of the Naga Epic Chroma tailor made for MMO players with nineteen configurable buttons and 16.8 million color options. The Naga Epic Chroma will mark its official debut on November 7th.

The Razer Naga Epic Chroma showcases the new Chroma lighting on its tilt-click scroll wheel and mechanical thumb grid, a feature that allows personal color customization through Razer Synapse. This one-size-fits-all ergonomic MMO gaming mouse offers a total of 19 buttons with 12 mechanical buttons situated on the iconic Razer Naga’s thumb grid. It is outfitted with an 8200 DPI 4G laser sensor that captures up to 200 inches per second and offers a maximum acceleration of 50 G, and also features both a wireless and wired mode with 1,000 Hz Ultrapolling and a 7-foot, lightweight, braided fiber cable.

Find out more about all of the Chroma peripherals on the Razer site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    Crep. Just bought a new mmo mouse :/ the newest logitech one.

Though I like it.... this one looks awesome.... tech envy

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• HerzyHerzy Member UncommonPosts: 184
    Bleh. I've never owned a Naga that didn't crap out on me. 
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Well mine is still going strong at 1+ year and my significant others is still going strong on it´s fourth year without any problems.

So i guess it is down to luck if your Naga works or not. =P

This have been a good conversation

• pingopingo Member UncommonPosts: 608

I got a Razer Mamba when it came out. Very expensive, very nice finish, broke down after less than 3 months. It's weird because I have had the deathadder for many years it and it holds up very well. 

It's difficult to gauge quality because everyone is different and people most often speak up on forums when they have a problem, not when products are working as intended. That gives the idea sometimes that the quality across a companys portfolio is trash, but in the case of Razer I hear of a lot of people with problems, more than any other manufacturer, but maybe Razer is also that more popular. 

I have a Steelseries headset from 2007 and it just wont die. It was the first Siberia headset before they made them in the US and rest of Europe so its very old. It still works. The foam padding is deterriating but this product just wont die despite the plastic enclousure and never having costed more than 70 Bucks. On the other hand I was so sad when my Denon headphones which had costed almost 300 broke off in the hinge after under a year. All the reviews say that Denon is top notch quality but apparantly Denon's 200-300 dollar phone line is budget territory and thus their fake metallic alloy just was not as robust as the good old cheap feeling plastic.

TL;DR - Its hard to gauge quality in a product. It's also very evident of Apple.

• ButeoRegalisButeoRegalis Member UncommonPosts: 594

A question to the folks who own this mouse or one like it with a bunch of rather small buttons under the thumb.

How do you hold the mouse? I hold mine (Logitech M500 I think) with my thumb on one and ring and little finger on the other side. I can't use my thumb to navigate a little keypad like the Naga's while keeping control of the mouse.

How do you do it?

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181
    Originally posted by Herzy

Strangely, I've never owned one that did.

Logitech, however, is a very different matter......

Originally posted by Darwa

Haha! I'm the opposite, oh my...

My Logitechs keep on going and it's only because of "ooh shiny!" that I've bought newer mice. 

Originally posted by ButeoRegalis

A question to the folks who own this mouse or one like it with a bunch of rather small buttons under the thumb.

How do you hold the mouse? I hold mine (Logitech M500 I think) with my thumb on one and ring and little finger on the other side. I can't use my thumb to navigate a little keypad like the Naga's while keeping control of the mouse.

How do you do it?

Honestly? Just keep using it. Before you know it it becomes second nature. I think it took me a solid two months of regular use to get used to my Naga a few years back.

I'll never go back to a regular mouse. Because of my large hands I need these shiny new mice to be even bigger.

• RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455
    I had a razer death adder about a year ago, completely new, after 3 weeks of use it broke and started to double click with every click. Upon doing research on the issue I learned it happens quickly and often with razer products.
  • FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

My Deathadder (one of their more simply mouses) also broke down fairly quickly. It had a "double click" issue that was extremely annoying.

However, I easily managed to fix it by opening the thing and following a few youtube guides by people who experienced the same issue.

Been running it for 3+ years now without fail in total.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 940

Double click issue with deathadders? Didn't notice that with mine. What i noticed (not sure if it was while using the deathadder, but i believe it was) was that sometimes mouse actions would be triggered without me clicking.

So kinda inverted problem.

Anyways, some day it broke, got a new cheap mouse (from Microsoft, but no idea what model. Just took the cheapest that i felt comfortable with, had some *extremely*  cheap (<€10) mouses from manufactures i didn't know, so i try to stick with the bigger ones like Microsoft, Logitech etc., but no spefiic "gamer" mouse or anything.

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Yeah... my Naga ended up dieing on me after only ~6 months. Combined with their Application being far from great, I honestly have no interest in Razor. They might of been a good gaming product company in the past, but to be it seems as if their products are quite cheaply made to support people buying more of their products and save on costs. 

As to that, I'll pass on Razor. 

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    the last thing i want is a mouse with more than three buttons. I only use both clicks and wheel on my G500. I would buy a keypad with side thumb buttons but not a mouse. I have enough carpal tunnel with 3 buttons, thank you.

• The.agGThe.agG Member Posts: 119

My Deathadder broke down (double clicking issue) in like a year and a half which is decent.

However, i bought the Naga 2013 edition after it which is exactly like this and it broke down within 2 months. Getting it replaced was also troublesome to say the least and eventually i just gave up on it. I now have the Logitech G600 which has been going on nicely now and i am also enjoying the feel of it compared to the Naga.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Razer's are cheaply built, I stopped buying them because they just don't last.  The more buttons you put on a mouse the quicker it breaks too.

Bought a Corsair mouse and it rocks.  Solidly built unlike Razor products.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904
    Looks and functions like every other Naga ever made?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    Originally posted by Nitth
    Looks and functions like every other Naga ever made?

image      Seems like it is just like the naga I am using right now, which I love. I do not see a reason why I would buy this, unless the one I am using right now breaks.

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• GediasGedias Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Originally posted by ButeoRegalis

How do you do it?

I grip my mouse the same way (claw grip) and with the Naga it's not too bad.  You don't accidentally press the thumb buttons because it takes some pressure to activate.  I do notice I often pause briefly while moving the mouse cursor around when I click on a thumb button.  And I wouldn't want to play an FPS while clicking the side buttons, sometimes your cursor will move off target ever so slightly when you click them (also might be my really high mouse speed).  But for an MMO it's really great and I'll never go back.

Took me a couple weeks to get used to clicking the first 6 buttons.  Then maybe another month to get 7-9.   Now I pretty much use all of them except for number 11.  I found it easiest arranging my U/I so my ability/hotkey layout looks exactly like my mouse in a square.  I don't know why that helped so much but it did - when everything was in a straight line I kept on clicking on the wrong buttons.

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

You are the exception not the rule then.  I have had zero luck with Razer products and nothing but good luck with Logitech.  Logitech has a reputation for making solid gaming products, Razer has a reputation of hit or miss.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• Pig-EyePig-Eye Member Posts: 115

Haha! I'm the opposite, oh my...

My Logitechs keep on going and it's only because of "ooh shiny!" that I've bought newer mice. 

This ^^

Sadly, I've gone thru 3 naga's!

Logitech G9 still going strong and currently hooked up!

I got your Deliverance!

Where's my banjo?!!

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    Thanks for the info. I was looking into getting gaming kybd/mouse so I'll look at the Logitech peripherals.
  • KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185
    Used a Logitech G500 for 4 years. It finally gives me a little trouble when holding the right button, but that's all. I've bought a G502 proteus core to replace and and my daughter is using the G500 for her gaming. Couldn't be happier with the Logitech peripherals.