Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Trion's Halloween Tricks & Treats

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Players in Trove, Defiance,ArcheAge and Rift have a lot of spooky thrills and chills now that Halloween events are in full swing.

• In Trove, it’s time for Shadow’s Eve, a ghoulish new in-game event loaded with tricks, treats, and fearsome fun. Visit the Peaceful Pumpkin Lair to plump up your garden, and use the seasonal spoils to craft a Smashing Pumpkin recliner! Load up on limited-time loot including a Caskart Mag Rider and Autumn Piñata mount.

• In Defiance, it's Halloween Arkfalls & Hulker Madness! Paradise will be threatened by a new kind of arkfall: Hulker Hell. (Do you like Hulkers? Do you think they’re friendly? They want to play!) New jack-o’-lanterns appearing around these arkfalls hold a variety of treats … and tricks. Look closely at their smiles for clues about what they contain before you break them open!

• In ArcheAge, Hallowtide has Arrived! The harvest season is upon us, and with it comes ArcheAge’s first in-game holiday event: Hallowtide! This Halloween-themed festival will be held from October 21 to November 4 when the Conquest of Auroria begins.

• In RIFT, Autumn Harvest is Revived! Telara’s season of ghoulish tricks and treats returns now through Nov. 12. Your favorite events from last year are back – but this season comes packed with a host of new prizes and frights!

Find out more about each event at the links above.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ITPalgITPalg Member UncommonPosts: 314

AA's Hallowtide is the worst event I have ever seen:

1 daily you get a random treat with some sort of buff

cash shop only no stat costumes

giant pumpkin decoration in the capital cities of each race

twitch.tv/itpaladin
    @ITPalg
    YouTube: ITPalGame

• JeminaiJeminai Member UncommonPosts: 151
    Defiance.
    yet another game adding pumpkin heads to players. the infected now somehow are dropping from the sky. funny, I thought they were "infected" earth inhabitants.
    in fact I remember the infected were last years Halloween addition that was removed after the event then re-implemented later down the line.
    recent additions of "new" weapons have been very disappointing. synergies that have not added anything to the game (if they are indeed working as intended). here is a game that periodically tries to squeeze out new content that can be easily identified as re-hash on closer inspection. Trion are simply the worst.
    and I say this as an active player and supporter of the game itself.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by ITPalg

AA's Hallowtide is the worst event I have ever seen:

1 daily you get a random treat with some sort of buff

giant pumpkin decoration in the capital cities of each race

wow what an event!

its magical!

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

For some reason its a bit humorous seeing one of the complaints given that a event has items in a cash shop that don't give advantages. XD

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by Purutzil

For some reason its a bit humorous seeing one of the complaints given that a event has items in a cash shop that don't give advantages. XD

+1 ....once again fact is stranger then fiction ...good catch

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Originally posted by Bad.dog
    Originally posted by Purutzil

+1 ....once again fact is stranger then fiction ...good catch

It's actually two points, I think.

A)  They're cash shop in the first place.  Many people feel this makes the event just a money grab.  After all, for an EVENT, you'd think you'd be able to get costumes for free.  Otherwise this is more like a "limited edition sale" than an event.  (and that's before you consider the audacity of them being in random lottery boxes)

B)  They give no stats.  Now, you have to take into consideration item A above.  With that in mind, why should someone buy an item that should have been free (because it's an event) if it gives no stats?

Pretty sure that's what the poster meant.  I agree with A, myself.  B is kinda like "Whatever. A's bad enough so I've kinda stopped caring beyond that point" for me.

That said, if it's anything like the halloween event on other versions, those random lottery cash shop boxes DO contain an item with stats.  The best mounts in the game, in fact.  Which is pretty much direct "buy the best gear", although I'm sure that people will come up with all sorts of excuses as to why that's not pay-to-win.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

I like AA a lot and am having a lot of fun in it, but, yeah... The Halloween 'event' is very poor. It really would have helped them a lot PR wise to pull out all stops after the bad launch they had. Buying RNG from a cash shop isn't an 'event'.

I don't use the CS so this has been pretty non existent for me... I am a patron though, so would have liked to have seen that rewarded with some extra effort to make me feel more appreciated as a paying customer.

Let's hope they wake up and make more of an effort for Xmas.

• grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682

I really don't like holiday events, so I just tend to ignore them.

I think one of the reasons people do not like the AA holiday event is that it's kind of there-but-not-there. They were expecting a little more fanfare.

What I really dislike it when it's thrown in your face and blatantly tied to a cash shop. LOTRO is the worst offender.  They should change the name of the game to Middle-Earth Shopping Network Online.

Optional PvP = No PvP