Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just a warning about the 12x Class Story boost

It does not work if your Class Quest is greyed out. I've forgot how much over you have to be for it to grey out but I'm 39 and noticed it on a 32 quest. That kinda defeats the purpose of having a boost to help you get to 50. Plus nowhere that I saw did it state that it works that way unless I missed it or it was in the very fine print somewhere.

So anyway just a warning.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

Comments

• AshanorAshanor Member UncommonPosts: 109
    Correct me if I am wrong, but don't all grey quests give no xp? I would assume because of that it would be the same no matter how much the quests are worth.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

If ever there was a MMORPG that you should be enjoying the journey to level 50 this is one of them, what's the big rush to level 50?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Originally posted by Kyleran

If ever there was a MMORPG that you should be enjoying the journey to level 50 this is one of them, what's the big rush to level 50?

In my case, the big rush is that I really enjoy the story quests and absolutely dread all the grindy bits in-between which I've already done on other characters and once is more than enough for those.

So people want to have enough time to play through all the story quests. I love the story quests. Imperial Agent is so much fun! I'm so happy when I can just skip through all the grind on Alderaan, Taris, Hoth, etc. That's what made me unsub. I just couldn't stomach doing it again and again for alts. I guess you could dungeon level instead? Just run those over and over?

But this 12x XP is definitely worth it for me. I will stay subbed and level alts as long as it's active.

The only problem I'm having is keeping my toon geared sufficiently as leveling is much faster and I don't have to fight all the grindy trash mobs that dropped gear, credits, and planetary commendations before. I love those planetary commendations.

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

Oh I agree 100%. The 12x is there to help you get to 50 before expantion comes out in December that will raise cap to 55. My plan was to do all the Class quests on each planet first then do the regular quests and heroics as I see fit to, plus flashpoints of course!. That worked for two planets but now all my CQ are greyed out. I know that you can outlevel quests and get next to no XP from them but I thought that the 12x boost would not apply here.

I'm not really bitching (well...yes... I guess I amimage) but I just wanted folks that were thinking about buying the XP to get the 12x boost to see this.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• 12 x 0 = 0
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,846

Because you're leveling an alt and dont want to do the side quests again and the only reason you're leveling the alt in the first place is to do the class story.

If you're new to SW:TOR then you want to get a character to max level before the new expansion is released and you heard that the story for the classes are mostly good and the story for the side quests are tolerable.

And even if you do want to do some of the better side quests you can still do them at level 55 and get the only thing out thats worth it: the story.

If ever there was an MMO that is completely NOT "its not about the destination, its about the journey" its SW:TOR.
    SW:TOR is about the story.

• Instigator-JonesInstigator-Jones Member UncommonPosts: 530
    Originally posted by jonesing22
    12 x 0 = 0

The math never lies... OR ... When in doubt, do the math.

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    Originally posted by Instigator-Jones
    Originally posted by jonesing22
    12 x 0 = 0

The math never lies... OR ... When in doubt, do the math.

Well since you both are being snarky I'll have to correct you.image

I am getting six (6) XP points for finishing greyed out class quests. So...

12 x .5 = 6

So does that make sense? No it does not. It should be AT LEAST...

12 x 6 = 72, 6 being the least you can get in XP for completing a quest.

• KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 921
    Originally posted by bartoni33

It does not work if your Class Quest is greyed out. I've forgot how much over you have to be for it to grey out but I'm 39 and noticed it on a 32 quest. That kinda defeats the purpose of having a boost to help you get to 50. Plus nowhere that I saw did it state that it works that way unless I missed it or it was in the very fine print somewhere.

So anyway just a warning.

You are both correct and incorrect.

Grey quests dont give XP so you cant get 12x nothing, well they give 6 xp but meh when you are talking about numbers as big as the xp to level can get in this game its meaningless, plus it only happens at a couple of stages during the starter planets and a couple of the longer planets mid way, but by then you are already breezing through them due to being over leveled.

It does not defeat the object, if you level from level 1 and do all the class quests even the grey ones, but do them in the correct order (Ie dont skip planets and go back to them later) you can even ignore the bonus quest popups and you will be 55 when you finish, so working as intended imho.

PS.

The level cap is currently 55, the new xpac will raise that to 60.  

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

Correction gentlemen.... The current level cap is 55. When the expansion comes out it will be 60.

***in the entertainment news today Lacuna Coil front lady Christina Scabbia was caught in her dressing room with the Raving Rabbid and in a very compromising position. Spokesperson forChristina denies the allegations. When we spoke with the Raving Rabbid all we we got was dddddddddaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!****

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes