Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] Shroud of the Avatar: A Tour Around Update 11

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

This week I continued my interview series on the development of Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues by Portalarium. Joining me this month were both the founder of Portalarium Richard “Lord British” Garriott and Executive Producer “Dark” Starr Long. We spent a little over an hour running around New Britannia Tuesday night showing off a number of interesting player and developer created features.

Read more of Rob Lashley's Shroud of the Avatar: A Tour Around Update 11.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Cramit845Cramit845 Member UncommonPosts: 395

Well I am looking forward to this game.  Merely because it seems to have some interesting systems and even though I am not a RPG fan, I love my MMO's and would like to see how they intend to incorporate both with the single player and MMO sides of the game.

I haven't put any money into this game, or any other for that matter, merely because I've become jaded of the industry like many.  Being one of the old school players, I find it very hard to find games that have systems that I'm interested in (primarily good immersion, mandatory grouping and holy trinity) although some of the systems that are being implemented here seem interesting.  Not to mention, most devs these days hype certain systems and features during development and then switch them by release to something not that appealing in my eyes, most of the time. 

Haven't kept up with development much but I enjoy reading every article on the game, here @ MMORPG.com.  Wish the team great success and I plan to keep watching, especially now that it is on Steam, which I am typically on at all times.

• LheiahLheiah Member UncommonPosts: 190

"We can continue to see progress being made in SotA each time we check in. I was able to play with a standard hotbar instead of the deck system this time and it made a huge difference in how much I enjoyed combat."

What's this?! Please expound. The deck system is the only reason I had regrets for backing. Are they switching their stance?? I really lost interest and quit tracking the game due to the deck system, please tell more of what's going on with the combat system. Thanks!

• jtripperjtripper Member UncommonPosts: 115
    Originally posted by Lheiah

"We can continue to see progress being made in SotA each time we check in. I was able to play with a standard hotbar instead of the deck system this time and it made a huge difference in how much I enjoyed combat."

What's this?! Please expound. The deck system is the only reason I had regrets for backing. Are they switching their stance?? I really lost interest and quit tracking the game due to the deck system, please tell more of what's going on with the combat system. Thanks!

They've provided the option to play with a fully locked hotbar, like any other MMO.  In fact, that is now the default play style, and you have to intentionally switch to the random deck system.  It was their way of easing players into the new system if they wanted to.

• DelCabonDelCabon Member UncommonPosts: 258
    Enjoy seeing these updates. Can't wait to try it out. Not much else on the horizon for me.

Del Cabon
    A US Army ('Just Cause') Vet and MMORPG Native formerly of Trinsic, Norath and Dereth. Currently playing LOTRO. 

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    Originally posted by Cramit845

Well I am looking forward to this game.  Merely because it seems to have some interesting systems and even though I am not a RPG fan, I love my MMO's and would like to see how they intend to incorporate both with the single player and MMO sides of the game.

I haven't put any money into this game, or any other for that matter, merely because I've become jaded of the industry like many.  Being one of the old school players, I find it very hard to find games that have systems that I'm interested in (primarily good immersion, mandatory grouping and holy trinity) although some of the systems that are being implemented here seem interesting.  Not to mention, most devs these days hype certain systems and features during development and then switch them by release to something not that appealing in my eyes, most of the time. 

Haven't kept up with development much but I enjoy reading every article on the game, here @ MMORPG.com.  Wish the team great success and I plan to keep watching, especially now that it is on Steam, which I am typically on at all times.

Whatsup dorfey dorfenstein, been a while since ive talked to you.  Havent played that EQ project that we're not supposed to talk about on this forum in a while.  How ya been? (Forgot to mention, this is Kutark)

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    This game is starting to really look great. Guess am going to have to spend some money to get into pre alpha. :-D
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!