Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Moderation at MMORPG ?

andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970

So earlier today, there seemed to be a dev or a PR person for a MMO that made a thread. 

Posted by Sharka on 10/30/14 at 4:40:13 PM

<div showborder"="">
  1. Albion will be a true cross-platform MMORPG. - pc, mac, linux, ios, android, browser
  2. Albion is a sandbox with a fully player-driven economy
  3. Albion will have GvG warfare, and the ability to conquer territories
  4. Albion will have a detailed player housing system for villages and cities
  5. Albion features classless character customization with no restrictions.
  6. Albion will feature 800 territories
  7. There are no quests in Albion
  8. There will not be a cash shop in Albion
  9. Albion is currently in alpha testing, and will release in 2015.
  10. OPTIONAL: You can earn special perks and early access by supporting the game's development.

PURCHASE A FOUNDERS PACK (ALPHA/BETA ACCESS) [mod edit - ref link removed]

Here is the post that was made by said dev/PR person. I have nothing against devs or PR people posting posts like this. It is pretty clear to everyone that this is a PR post, not a bogus "THIS GAME SOO GOOD" post, as we have seen many times before. 

I have not read MMORPGs rules, and maybe they have done the right thing according to their rules, whatever what those may be. 

The discussion in the thread started to focus on the payment model of the game. There were no flaming or shaming going on from what I saw. 

Then I wanted to check for some new posts on the thread, and I got redirected to the main forum page. So my question is why did MMORPG decide to DELETE the forums post? There were no obvious negativity or flaming of any kind. The only sane reason I can think of is that it is not allowed for devs to advertise their games in the forums? 

Yet we have seen that time and time again, so why did this exact thread get booted from the forums?

I am not fan or have any bias towards this game, this thread was the first time I hread about this game. And to be frank from their video on their website, it looks alright. 

I just ask again, why did this thread get completely removed from the forums?

Comments

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    I am curious too as I responded to it.
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    You could start by reading the rules you haven't read. They are at the bottom of every page. Advertising Policies, Rules of Conduct and FAQ.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970
    Originally posted by Grunty
    You could start by reading the rules you haven't read. They are at the bottom of every page. Advertising Policies, Rules of Conduct and FAQ.

So with your close to 7k posts on this forum, are you saying that every "biased dev/PR " forum post have been just deleted? If you do claim so, I have to say I have seen many similar posts in the last few months that have been very similar to this thread, and it has not been an issue. 

Maybe they were too obvious? And should try and pretend they are a normal forum poster? How that makes sense I do not know. And no:P I will not read 10 pages of rules and buried information.

Ok, remain ignorant about the rules.  

I don't work for MMORPG. I didn't see the thread. I don't know why they removed that thread. I You'll have to ask them the questions you want answers to. You're not goint to get them from other members. Good luck

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    He had a referral link in the post. Referral links are a no-no. And since you went ahead and re-posted that referral link, this thread will probably be closed as well.
    Originally posted by Forgrimm
    He had a referral link in the post. Referral links are a no-no. And since you went ahead and re-posted that referral link, this thread will probably closed as well.

There you go.  Also a reason to have this thread removed since you've included the referral.

Read the rules.

He had a referral link in the post. Referral links are a no-no. And since you went ahead and re-posted that referral link, this thread will probably be closed as well.

If you click the link that I re posted, it is simply a link to their website. So I fail to see the "referral link" you are talking about. 

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Originally posted by andre369

If you click the link that I re posted, it is simply a link to their website. So I fail to see the "referral link" you are talking about. 

Hover your cursor over the link and look at the lower left corner of your browser, you'll see at the end of the url it says "ref=" followed by a bunch of letters and numbers. It's a referral link.

He had a referral link in the post. Referral links are a no-no. And since you went ahead and re-posted that referral link, this thread will probably closed as well.

There you go.  Also a reason to have this thread removed since you've included the referral.

Read the rules.

I do not want to go personal, but do you read the 20 pages of information every time you install a game?

Sure they have to cover everything, but at least just lock the thread and say "this"  is why it got locked. Simply removing a thread will make it look like  they have something to hide, even if they do not. 

A locked thread disappears in no time. Removing a thread for no apparent reason to the 99% that do not read through the walls of text, raises more attention than saying " Hey you did "this" it is against our rules."

Originally posted by andre369

Read the rules.

I do not want to go personal, but do you read the 20 pages of information every time you install a game?

I wasn't aware this website was a game.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

The thread was deleted because it was being spammed in multiple forums and contained a referral link. If you have a question/concern re: moderator actions in the future, please get in touch with me at mikeb AT mmorpg DOT com.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.