Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OMG what a load of %$£!!!!

dominitdominit Member Posts: 64

I couldnt wait to start playing the beta version of this game and i must say ...what a let down. First impresions were very bad and i was bored after about an hour, what a load of over hyped bull sh*t.
How very disapointed i am.
I will not be buying the full version.
An one else feeling this ?????

Comments

• OrtisaiOrtisai Member Posts: 162

id have to say im gonna buy, because from what i have seen and done, its much better in concept than GW FFXI and a little better than WoW (not by a lot tho) you really need to play it for more than ust an hour or two and get to lvl 25, thats when the fun REALLY begins ^_^

• ScottElwoodScottElwood Member Posts: 202

I stopped playing after 10 minutes.

The tutorial was for someone who hasnt used windows before.

The game itself was just basically a click here and your guy does this.

The translation of text is very bad.

And it doesnt seem like skills have a very tactical factor to it.

RF Online, welcome to the "Just Another Asian Game" list.

---------------------------------------------------
    | www.40ksource.net - 40k MMO fansite

• pingofdeathpingofdeath Member Posts: 83

The completed translation hasn't been released yet, so don't judge it on that.

But should you judge it on the fact that there is no meaningful storyline that develops through gameplay and no real questing system? Hell yes. Recieving new orders to kill 20 of a certain kind of monster at every level up is NOT a questing system. It's a grind incentive. This game would have been awesome had it been around... before Everquest. The fact that there are only about 5 different charachter models to really choose from (and don't say you can change the clothes, as soon as you get armor that's a moot point) makes for a very, very underwhelming RP experience since everybody's a clone.

The fact of the matter is the game's only redeeming factor is PvP, and since you have to partake in an embarassingly slow and boring grind, how many people do you think will actually play long enough to get there?

If you want RvRvR, get Dark Age Of Camelot. Unless the Giga Final update adds TONS of new content, this game just doesn't have what it takes to make it as a pay-to-play MMO. Maybe if it were free it would be worth it. Otherwise, no. It just lacks any substantial PvE and RP content. Period.

For everyone who says "shut up, if you don't like it, go play X," I will. I'm posting this to let all the people who are planning on buying the game based on the hype that IT IS NOT A GAME FOR PvE OR RP.

Insert generic anime quote/My Chemical Romance lyrics here.

• DarksenDarksen Member Posts: 19
    lol m8 u must be pritty slow because if u read about the game it is based on PvP not PvE or RP so why would it be as gd as wow or somthing in them aspects when it is a PvP RPG lol i gess u didnt read about the game and half the people ant i dnt think
  • ScottElwoodScottElwood Member Posts: 202

It doesn't change the fact that, unless pvp is relevant immediatley when you join the game, your still going to have to grind your way up the ranks.

---------------------------------------------------
    | www.40ksource.net - 40k MMO fansite

ye but it takes about a day to get to lvl 25 from what people said so after a day of grindin u can pvp when every u want seems pritty quick to me and pvp on every other game i have played is wank so from what i seen about the pvp it looks like what me and my m8z are after for a gd laff

You, sir, are a card carrying idiot. It takes more than a day to reach 25 unless you have no life and spend a full 24 hours non-stop clicking.

My point was that even for something that's strictly PvP, it lacks sufficient content to be a pay-to-play game and survive in the demanding US videogame market. Guild Wars PvP is MUCH more fun than RFs, and it's a max of 8v8v8v8. RF is just too old of a design and too Asian to make it in our market. How the hell Asians can eat this crap up and ask for more is beyond me.

lol 1. guild wars is rubish and easy takes 2 days to get to lvl 20 lol talk about easy

2. the pvp on it is boring u have to get to lvl 20 befor u can pvp or u will not have your moves and die

3. i was meanin like 24 hours played = 2 days gaming

4. i understand that people want more in the PvE side but this game is not a PvE game it is PvP and it has allways said that so u can't realy moan about that because they have all rdy told u that it is that way

and it not nice to call people names so dnt do it

1. Guild Wars was a fun diversion. It's not a true MMO and shouldn't be judged as such.
    2. Or you could just make a PvP charachter and be level 20 already. Brilliant.
    3. The point of playing GW was for plot and unlocking items for PvP. If you got to level 20 in 2 days you were powerleveling, which wasn't what the game was intended for.
    4. The point is the game requires you to engage in PvE to get to the PvP. Problem is, the PvE isn't fun. A game should never require you to do something not fun to get to something fun. When a game isn't fun it's nolonger a game--it's a chore.

well i understand that and yes u can make a lvl 20 char for pvp on guild wars but if u do that wiv out doin the pve side u will have no amor or no skills but the Rf online is all in the eye of the beholder some people might think it is boring and some people might not mind it and some people might like it :S me i dnt know because i ant played the game yet but from what i seen there is mixed  ractions dnt u think ?
  • Alexis598Alexis598 Member Posts: 111
    I pre-ordered this like a blind SOB (biggest mistake ever) I gave away my key, (as you read in my thread) and will go to gamestop when I recieve it and give it back. The reason? I read form the very forums in the oficial site that you have to cap all your PTs (skill) before you lvl, that's BS it makes the grind even worse and I don't play to play this EVER, I'll stick with my old MMORPG.

• Size-TwelveSize-Twelve Member UncommonPosts: 478

I don't really like the title of this thread, but don't feel like starting my own thread either, so here it is. The more I play the game the less I like it.

I'm a level 19 Warrior now and I've learned only 2 new skills since I started. Not very exciting. The combat is twitchy, but it's becuase you have to constantly spam potions out of your inventory. Watching myself auto-attack, and fire off the same skills for 20 levels now has become pretty repetitive.

No big deal though, right? This is a PvP game, and today I tried my hand at it. What happens you might ask? I get 1 foot outside my gateway, and I'm dead. Try again, one shotted. Try again, dead. Basically we all hole up near our tiny guard towers, and wait til the enemy goes away. HOW AWESOME! Never mind that there were around 50 Cora, and just 3 Accretians, it didn't matter. Levels are what rule in this game, just like the rest of the Eastern MMO's that I've seen.

Beyond that fairly miserable experience, I decide to try mining since I was in the area. What this consists of is walking to a spot, right clicking an icon in your inventory, and then just staring at your screen until your batteries die. WOW! I mean really WOW! Where do I sign up!?

I'm going to keep at this game, as I still feel I haven't experienced all it has to offer, but it ain't looking good. The combat isn't totally horrible, but the longer I play the more monotonous it gets. At this point, the Chip Wars would have to be just some insane fun in order for me to justify buying this at release, and right now I'm just not seeing it.

• fungusmongofungusmongo Member Posts: 6

Mr Size twelve sir

Do not look for anything more because the game has nothing to offer.

It is P2P here in the Philippines and I must tell you that it is one hyped-upped grind machine.

The Economy they tell you is all lies.

Levels rule in this game. Even 5 level 25s wouldnt stand a chance against someone whos level 30.

POTS! POTS! POTS! Its all pots.

Character spawning is so bad which makes targeting soo bad.

Just my two cents on the F1 keyboard. Hell it's Used for clicking the pot button! LOL.

• KanetmKanetm Member Posts: 54

Originally posted by fungusmongo
    Just my two cents on the F1 keyboard. Hell it's Used for clicking the pot button! LOL.

::::36::
    I am wondering what went through their heads when they decided to make potions that refill instantly your HP or MP and which you can use again after 1 second! or so. Making them normal healing potions would have been A LOT better and instead of MP potions they could have just made a faster MP regeneration rate and they could have linked these regen rates to skills PT so if per say you increased your force PT's you get better regen rate along with more MP. Or they could have made a whole new PT skill which would control the regen rate of your mana and which would increase in experience when your mana goes under 10% of total ammount, or something! Not this potion spam.. It feels like playing on a high rates private server but without the boost in exp.

We Need To Take The Power Back!

• KyungKyung Member Posts: 25

I went into this game expecting it to be a grindfested heavily PvP influenced experience and got just that. But what I didn't expect were the, rather, clumsy controls. The game plays mostly like a point-and-click game with optional ASWD, or arrow keys, movement control... though I found moving the characters with the keyboard settings felt a bit awkward...

While I find the ability to customize your character's stats intriguing, the game doesn't live up to the gaming experiences that FFXI or WoW have to offer. Spending a few days in beta I actually have a feeling of wanting to play Lineage ][ again, hahah, ironic... that a game I was hoping would best Lineage ][ has actually made me appreciate L2 even more.

But yeah, imho, RF Online is definitely not living up to the hype at this point...

• darquenbladedarquenblade Member Posts: 1,015

This lends much credence to what I had always thought about this game: The only reason it was ever hyped up and anticipated as much as it was is because it looks cool--that's it.

I absolutely knew as soon as people actually got a chance to play it, that they would see it's just like every other Asian MMO on the market gameplay-wise.

Pretty shiny graphics != good game.

• DaEm0nDaEm0n Member Posts: 520
    Have you guys forgotten that it is still in beta?? Besides, CM said they can modify to meet up with US/UK standards in MMORPGs. Someone posted a thread before where a dev talks about that, but I'm too lazy to find it. *yawns*

This siggy is CGI that my cousin made in 4 hours.

• SothornSothorn Member UncommonPosts: 67

Originally posted by DaEm0n
    Have you guys forgotten that it is still in beta?? Besides, CM said they can modify to meet up with US/UK standards in MMORPGs. Someone posted a thread before where a dev talks about that, but I'm too lazy to find it. *yawns*

Am I the only one that understands "beta" to mean, the game is done, we are just working out bugs? 

I hate to break this to you friend, but once a game hits the beta stage...game mechanics are done...they are just flushing out bugs and fixing game breaking issues.  They arent going to stop and re-work the entire game.  Besides, this game has already been in successful release in asia for a while.

anyone remember how WoW looked worse than eq1 and played crappy in beta? and how better it got afterwards? well just remember its still got nearly 2 months before its release.

dont be surprised when RF beats out WoW after a few months.

Another 2 mouths befor it comes out properly ?? evey where i have looked and i have look around alot it says late feb why dose every say that if it goin to be 2 mouths ? is there somthing that u know and the rest of us dnt ?
  • spookytoothspookytooth Member Posts: 508

I havnt tired it. Honestly I dont intend to. But from your descriptions it sounds almost exactly like L2; except for the pots spamming. L2 with robots.

But werent they going to localize it? I dont mean just translation, I mean adjusting the numbers to take some of the grind out of the grind?

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Originally posted by ScottElwood
    I stopped playing after 10 minutes. The tutorial was for someone who hasnt used windows before.The game itself was just basically a click here and your guy does this.The translation of text is very bad.And it doesnt seem like skills have a very tactical factor to it.RF Online, welcome to the "Just Another Asian Game" list.
    Don't judge a game if you only played it for 10 minutes.

My first Impression was horrible too, but I got trough the first few hours.
    and then the addicting part is there.

this is a great game, do not judge it on the first impression!

• ProtestProtest Member UncommonPosts: 159

Originally posted by Gameloading
    Originally posted by ScottElwood
    I stopped playing after 10 minutes. The tutorial was for someone who hasnt used windows before.The game itself was just basically a click here and your guy does this.The translation of text is very bad.And it doesnt seem like skills have a very tactical factor to it.RF Online, welcome to the "Just Another Asian Game" list.
    Don't judge a game if you only played it for 10 minutes.

My first Impression was horrible too, but I got trough the first few hours.
    and then the addicting part is there.

this is a great game, do not judge it on the first impression!

What is so great about it?? Because I have been playing for 2 days and I have yet to experience any fun..

Than all I hear are people saying, "you can't judge it yet".

Like hell I can't. Exactly how many days should it take for a game to become enjoyable???

A week?? A Month!?!?!?

Sorry, I'm not going to make that investment.

Overhyped indeed.

“We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started... and know the place for the first time.”
    -T.S. Eliot

• JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009

Originally posted by Ortisai
    dont be surprised when RF beats out WoW after a few months.

/laugh

The only way this could beat out wow is if it got a lot of wow players to ship over, which obviously IS NOT going to happen.

WoW clearly shows that people will play a good game with not so good graphics. RF is the exact opposite, so it has no hope in America. RF won't be any more successful than Lineage 2, since its essentially the same game.

maybe your right, but i do think WoW will be hurt in the comming months...i smell a SWG complex