Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I really wanted to play WOW:WoD. Did you?

2»

Comments

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

I still find WoW to be the only MMO worth the asking price. 

Even after 10 years.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by BadSpock

Even after 10 years.

I totally agree. Now, that being said, I don't remain subscribed 100% of the time, but it's the only game I "feel like" resubscribing to occasionally. SWTOR does it, too, but not to the same extent. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by Kopogero

But this is just one example when a game is "too expensive" to be fully enjoyed. The fact I'll know I'll be spending $65 ($72+ CAD) in the first month and additional $50+ CAD in the next 3 months will not give me any pleasure of playing and enjoying the game. It's just way too much...

Yes, I did, I DO and I WILL be playing.

Every single cent is worth for Wow expansion. And 13€ is bargain for so much fun per month. Make a list for how many silly or stupid or harmfull habits you spend that ammount maybe per day or few days. Then this calculation of yours will I guess looks different.

• Instigator-JonesInstigator-Jones Member UncommonPosts: 530
    Originally posted by CrazKanuk
    Originally posted by BadSpock

Even after 10 years.

I totally agree. Now, that being said, I don't remain subscribed 100% of the time, but it's the only game I "feel like" resubscribing to occasionally. SWTOR does it, too, but not to the same extent. 

+Yep

• KyziiKyzii Member Posts: 46
    Yes I did, It's really really worth it. 

I'm a Gamer not a Player!

• WolfsheadWolfshead Member UncommonPosts: 224

But this is just one example when a game is "too expensive" to be fully enjoyed. The fact I'll know I'll be spending $65 ($72+ CAD) in the first month and additional $50+ CAD in the next 3 months will not give me any pleasure of playing and enjoying the game. It's just way too much...

Why would I spend $120 for a single game to have access to it for only 4 months? It only offers me 2 things...

#1 PvP #2 PvE (raiding)

I can do the PvP in other games from F2P, RTS, other MMO's who I already got or can enjoy for free. I can also do PvE in private/f2p MMO's or other genre games. Of course it won't be the same type of raids and quality WOW delivers, but honestly it's way too much, imo.

I mean, I've already spent $500-750 for that game over the last 9 years on and off. Bought the game, every single expansion on launch and countless of months being subbed. I guess, it's NOT ENOUGH for Blizzard and they still believe somehow their 10 year old, outdated game somehow justifies the fees they're asking. I am also aware the game does not have enough things to keep me busy playing and putting the hours I would love to. I was raiding for only 3 days for 3 hours in the week, on a NEW, DIFFICULT content and 1-2 days for content on farm and they've left me at least twice so far without any new content after buying their expansion for year+ (end of WOTLK and now)

Honestly, I think Blizzard will regret their pricing model at this stage and further deter potential and former subs like me from ever spending any $. I mean even new MMORPG's came with far better prices/promos, and I recall that vividly back in 2011, which is why I got into DC Universe Online. $35 to buy the game ($15 promo) with 30 free days on launch. Then after 2-3 months they had a promo to lock on $10 a month sub until I cancel sub. They even had $200 one time, lifetime fee to never need to spend a dime ever. I enjoyed DCUO for few years on and off and I've spent $100-130 total for that game, all thanks to these promos that lured me to play it first place.

I never recall seeing Blizzard do any promos as these for its player base. If they adopted to a more competitive market I guarantee you I would gladly see myself spend $ to enjoy the game, still far more than what I'm spending on anything else at the moment. Bottom line, Blizzard has lost the battle in my case and it's their loss and well deserved.

I won't be too surprised though if things are different 1-2 years from now as more players like me are more cautious and reserved with spending.

That is one way to see on thing but honest how much money do you spend if go out clubing or to pub or go buy clothes or go see movie at cinema honest who canm any one sit a price tag on there hobby?

What mean me if you like to play a game and it is your hobby why you would care how much money on your hooby if you not really 100% sure you want keep play game.

I'm not even go to buy WoD for in all honest pay to do samething over and over again is not really my idea off good time for with each expansion you do samething
    1. You lvl up your char to max lvl.
    2. You start grinding gear so you can enter 1st raid.
    3. You grinding gear in 1st raid until you have so high item lvl so can enter next raid.
    4. You keep do grind all through expansion and doing dalies until the end of expansion so when next expansion 1st green quest reward have better stats then best raid gear in last expansion hade.
    5. The nex expansion is here let start all over again do same thing i did in previously expansion. (YEAH!!! that sound like fun NOT!!!)
    That is how WoW is works in nutshell basically and that is how all mmo more less work but thing is if you love the game you wont care how much money it will cost you for it is in the end of day your hobby we are talk about here nothing else.
  • dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    Originally posted by Spankster77

Sadly WoW is still the best of the bunch but WoW is old news.  This puts gamers in a crappy position, play WoW and because you have so much time invested and there is nothing else out there worth wasting a bunch of time on or do like myself and just game hop, which is also mildly unsatisfying.

Actually, I'm not sure that's true anymore. I'd argue that FFXIV has taken the crown from it in pretty much every area except PVP (which WoW is lackluster at best anyways). For PVE themepark stuffs, FFXIV is much better.

<3

• KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685

The only way I see this game to get better for us the costumers is by becoming worse (as in losing big revenue, subs). They can continue to be stubborn, hold their ground and dictate the price they see right for their product, but reality is, spending $30 a month is not the best option in 2014.

Some here argue that that's nothing compared to other in real life activities, but that's like comparing apples and oranges. If WOW today cost $100 a month to play it and if that was the only option I had to spend my time and have fun in the process sure I would pay it without problem. The fact I can enjoy my time, having as much fun not spending $30 a month doing other activity, I'll continue to do the cheaper activity.

The direct pricing of the product is the competition itself and the fact Blizzard refuses to improve their pricing model just tells me how much they truly care for their customers that's been supporting their product for a decade. I dislike companies that are greedy in my eyes and will continue to and in the process I'll enjoy dearly watching how their greed backfires to take $ from me.

In my eyes Blizzard has proven that it doesn't care not a single bit about anything but extracting the most $ out of their customers and no matter how much $ they generate apparently it will be never enough. All those millions of subs they've lost and the many other millions they failed to attract is well deserved.

If they really cared for WOW, as a company who's job is to preserve and create a market, reputation plays a big role. It's why Blizzard enjoyed long success with their products after Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo and WOW. WOW has been the last good game they've ever made in my eyes.

• etherealantlersetherealantlers Member UncommonPosts: 9

Ehh. I would say i'm particularly biased towards WoW. Personally I can play that game for 2-4 months at a time and be completely satisfied. Which to me, 15$ a *month* for a game I can enjoy for extended amounts of hours every week for months at a time doesn't seem that bad at all. I honestly don't believe your money crunching is fair to any online PTP game, and honestly WoW is as successful as it is because people enjoy playing it, so many different types of people can log in, play, and enjoy their playtime. It's a niche because it's an MMO, but many different people can pick it up and enjoy themselves, just take a look at the WoW community, it's pretty diverse.

If you honestly feel like your money is being wasted on a WoW-sub then you probably should just put the game down? Of course no game is worth feeling like you wasted your money on it. Obviously you shouldn't ever feel like you're wasting money on a game, that just seems really sad.

It may just be that you're burnt out on the game, you've said it yourself that it feels the same thing you've been playing for 9 years already. Which is true, but you have to remember that there's a strong social aspect to MMOs as well.... maybe bring some friends along with you, find a guild.... I can absolutely promise you will have a more enjoyable experience, and you might just not care as much throwing 15$ a month at Blizzard because you'll want to be there, experiencing (maybe not so much new things... WoW is an older game, there is no arguing that) exciting, newer things with people you enjoy hanging out with. You can't deny Blizzard always manages to put out a great expansion with newer features at least worth checking out even if its just for a few months.  Just my thoughts. The game is there to pull you in, but the people are usually why you stay.

• deveilbladdeveilblad Member UncommonPosts: 193

I mean, I've already spent $500-750 for that game over the last 9 years on and off.

That's 5-7$ a month over 9 years.... That's REALLY cheap entertainment... We all have different budgets I guess...