Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQOA

Fessor111Fessor111 Member UncommonPosts: 33
Alot of old Everquest online adventure players would love to see the game back. It closed in 2012. Some people are trying to build the game from some old save games (Save EQOA on facebook). Its a good idea I think but im hoping for SOE to release the server data or even put the game up on PSN. I have been thinking about Android too, dont even know if thats posible but it could be the best MMORPG for that platform. Please check out the facebook or video's on youtube if you want to help. Sorry for my bad english.

Zoos the Slacker

Comments

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Or you know, you could just play EQ2 since its essentially the same game. For free.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Originally posted by Sephiroso
    Or you know, you could just play EQ2 since its essentially the same game. For free.

Everquest: Online Adventures was nothing like EQ2, not even close.

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959

I would define EQOA as a more refined RPG experience when compared to EQ2. 

EQ2 is a much bigger beast and requires more time and technique where EQOA was a great quick fix, had some very fun and deep combat that you could get into fairly quickly and overall was deep without being over complicated, which in alot of ways made it much different and in many regards better as an RPG experience online.

If we must start comparing then I will say EQOA was the better game, way more accessible, so instead of saying they were the same game how about we respect the qualities of each title. EQOA was a great title and if you never experienced you missed out, it was more than just another EQ and was alot more like EQ 1 than 2, but still unique regardless.

Originally posted by Forgrimm

Everquest: Online Adventures was nothing like EQ2, not even close.

Riiight.

Originally posted by Braindome

EQ2 is a much bigger beast and requires more time and technique where EQOA was a great quick fix, had some very fun and deep combat that you could get into fairly quickly and overall was deep without being over complicated, which in alot of ways made it much different and in many regards better as an RPG experience online.

If we must start comparing then I will say EQOA was the better game, way more accessible, so instead of saying they were the same game how about we respect the qualities of each title. EQOA was a great title and if you never experienced you missed out, it was more than just another EQ.

For your information I did play it, and EQ2 may have once been overly complicated and hard to get into but if you haven't played it recently, you clearly can't speak to how it is now. Cause its far from complicated nowadays.

And no, it really wasn't all that much different from other EQ's. It really is just another EQ.

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Originally posted by Braindome

If we must start comparing then I will say EQOA was the better game, way more accessible, so instead of saying they were the same game how about we respect the qualities of each title. EQOA was a great title and if you never experienced you missed out, it was more than just another EQ and was alot more like EQ 1 than 2, but still unique regardless.

Exactly, EQ:OA was more of a console port of EQ1 than anything else. It played nothing like EQ2.

• Fessor111Fessor111 Member UncommonPosts: 33
    I play EQ and EQ2 with the all access thing SOE have now, and in my opinion they are good games in different ways, but they don't play anything like EQOA. EQ was my first MMORPG, but in many ways I liked EQOA better, maybe because of it being simple and not so gear depented( or how it is spelled) and the fact that not everyone was in the same tier gear like modern MMo's.

Zoos the Slacker

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361
    EQOA Ftw , miss playing it  :'(