Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a pay to play (not free to play or freemium) crafting PvE MMO

TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321

What I'm looking for? SWG (before it was WoWified) or EQ 2 style.

Right now I'm playing ESO, but there is no housing and you are forced to level up to do crafting. Otherwise that would be great.

I prefer land based (so not EVE, and crafting in EVE was kind of boring to me and too much PvP)

Vanguard had amazing crafting too. Good housing system (EQ2 was better though)

Don't want to play EQ 2 however...I love 2d graphics, but bad 3d graphics (and EQ 2 looks really horrible) is a huge turn off for me. I know graphics aren't everything...but...I think even WoW has aged better.

Any MMO out there for me? I like the RPG aspects of ESO and regular MMORPGs. SWG was great. I'm not looking for a 100% craft MMO

So Wurm Online is out.

I love doing quests, but I want to be able to craft 100% of the time OR have craft alts...ESO fails in that, because you are forced to level on the craft alt to raise your crafting skills. Vanguard had crafting levels seperate and this was perfect.

I do NOT WANT FREEMIUM or free to play...I want to buy box+sub, not spend 100s on keeping up with the pay to win crowd. Won't play any freemium cash shop money grab game ever.

Ryzom is also a possibility, its free but no horrible cash shop. But ryzom is rather dead, not in population, but 1 update a year is pretty lame...2 if the subscribers are lucky.

Any MMO for me? I do prefer themepark-esque MMOs, that being like EQ2/Vanguard...themepark but open world to it. SWG is only sandbox I ever liked, and that was because it had the best pet and craft system I've ever seen in an MMO. And graphics should be more modern (or aged well like in WoW)

So...anything out there for someone who wants to be able to do 100% crafting without leveling, that is a themepark? like EQ2/Vanguard? With a PvE focus?

Thus far, I'm stuck with ESO for new MMOs...but the crafting is some of the worst I've ever seen...worse than WoW...but it does have awesome exploration

And not archeage please, I'll gladly pass on that.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Comments

• tomahawk1930tomahawk1930 Member UncommonPosts: 43
    Ffxiv my friend
  • BalianWolfieBalianWolfie Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Sounds like it's time for darkfall.

I never played darkfall, so I can't speak for that one, but ffxiv is definitely fitting your req and is gorgeous with a lively community.
  • grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    It's a bit old and not sure how it's doing at the moment, but Fallen Earth might be worth a look.  Think it might have gone F2P though.
    Yeah fallen earth is f2p now.  
  • Tenebrys22Tenebrys22 Member UncommonPosts: 31
    You're describing final fantasy 14.  Themepark questing mmorpg with crafting classes that level separately. Also, the crafting is very similar to vanguard crafting.
  • Tenebrys22Tenebrys22 Member UncommonPosts: 31
    Originally posted by remsleep

OP you are looking for something that doesn't exist

P2P eliminates 95% of the games - the few remaining do not fit your criteria

"So...anything out there for someone who wants to be able to do 100% crafting without leveling, that is a themepark? like EQ2/Vanguard? With a PvE focus?"

How is that not Final fantasy 14?

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    FFXIV has a type... and frankly... if you WANTED to play XIV, you'd already be playing it.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Its been said before.....

Do you want pay to play only?

Do you want PvE focus?

Do you want in depth Crafting?

if you answer YES to those questions then FFXIV:ARR is your game. You can even become a crafter since lvl 1 and never touch a combat class in game.

• AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320
    Wildstar. Play it before it closes!
  • ZulikaZulika Member UncommonPosts: 61

Although it is not out yet, you may to start checking out The Repopulation.  Some people are calling it the the spiritual successor to SWG.  I did some reading on it a while back, but I never played SWG myself.  If you are comfortable with the "flavor of the day" backer systems, there are ways in -but everyone has a different tolerance level for that stuff.  I have no idea on an open beta or release date. 

I agree with the others FFXIV has a really good crafting system - closest I have played to Vanguard's, but the PVE is indeed all themepark and dungeons.  The gathering system is a unique minigame on its own, which is nice change from the norm.  I liked the ability to be able to play every class, gathering, and crafting profession on one character with no penalties - you could max everything.  It may be worth a look.

• borghive49borghive49 Member RarePosts: 493
    Darkfall is your game my friend.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by remsleep
    Originally posted by rojoArcueid

Its been said before.....

Do you want pay to play only?

Do you want PvE focus?

Do you want in depth Crafting?

if you answer YES to those questions then FFXIV:ARR is your game. You can even become a crafter since lvl 1 and never touch a combat class in game.

If you are a brand new player to FF14 and don't know anyone in game - and you only want to craft from level 1

How are you going to afford it?

last time i played i could start questing as a crafter and progress that way (crafting quests) as soon as i was able to learn crafting profressions and sell/trade materials to make money. It takes time, but thats how crafting should be... or do you want to hit max crafting in a few days just like normal classes do nowadays? Correct me if im wrong but i dont think you have to have a high level character with lots of money in order to afford crafting. Crafting is there to make money so if you already are a veteran player with lots of money then you have no reason to craft.