Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gaming Keyboard and Mouse

anthony21690anthony21690 Member UncommonPosts: 119
Hey all, I'm looking for a decent gaming keyboard and mouse combo to upgrade my wireless logitech junk with, looking for something affordable and mechanical, any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

Comments

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882

Affordable and decent mechanical keyboards don't exists. You could get something like Razer Blackwidow at a bit under 100$.

For mouse you'll have to decide yourself. It's a matter of personal preference.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910
    Originally posted by anthony21690
    Hey all, I'm looking for a decent gaming keyboard and mouse combo to upgrade my wireless logitech junk with, looking for something affordable and mechanical, any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

What is your price range for "affordable"?  Below a certain dollar amount mechanical keyboards are not going to be obtainable unless you buy one used.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• breadm1xbreadm1x Member UncommonPosts: 374

After i used just about every "gaming" keyboard from logitec and some other manufactor's i finaly found one, and i am still trying to figure out why i spend so many years trying to find a keyboard i used in the 80's.

Now i am using a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate.

Its not shiny, its not to big, its nice and heavy does not move around on my desk, led licht are way better then anything from logitec, and its sturdy it will not break.

For a mouse. well i tried a razer one Naga hex, a corsair m90 m60 but i allways come back to my Logitec G500 (there is a newer version out did not test that one yet.

• miguksarammiguksaram Member UncommonPosts: 835

For keyboards I'd suggest looking here if quality and options are your thing.  Be aware that "affordable" is subjective when it comes to quality mechanical keyboards.

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/

For mice, that is really a matter of personal opinion, even more so than keyboards, because each person's hand size, grip, play style can differ greatly.  If you could state some of the mice you've used that liked/disliked and why perhaps then we can offer some sound advice in this area.

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    I have a Corsair K70 and a Logitech G400, both of which I am very happy with.
  • laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118

For keyboards I always enjoyed the Logitech G series. They seem to be very well optimized for gaming and have great response. The ones with displays are possibly a bit over the top (rarely use the display anyway), but their non-display counterparts would offer same quality for lower price.

For mice, Razer offers great quality at various levels. I had a few of their more expensive models, which were flawless - and lasted a long time too. The cheaper ones they offer should still be of great quality - they really tailor them for gaming and it shows in the precision they deliver.

Alternatively the new Logitech G502 mouse got amazing reviews all around. I got one for my sister's birthday and she has really enjoyed it so far. Similar, if not superior quality as the Razer line - they just differ in design/shape a bit (which matters too!).

If you reach for anything mentioned above, I think you won't regret it. I've had quite a lot of experience with many peripherials and these feel the most comfortable by far.

• ArazaleArazale Member Posts: 348
    Originally posted by breadm1x

After i used just about every "gaming" keyboard from logitec and some other manufactor's i finaly found one, and i am still trying to figure out why i spend so many years trying to find a keyboard i used in the 80's.

Now i am using a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate.

Its not shiny, its not to big, its nice and heavy does not move around on my desk, led licht are way better then anything from logitec, and its sturdy it will not break.

For a mouse. well i tried a razer one Naga hex, a corsair m90 m60 but i allways come back to my Logitec G500 (there is a newer version out did not test that one yet.

I too have the Logictech G500 mouse and I gotta say, i like the macro editor software, its nice and easy to use. Though one small complaint is with the auto-profile recognition side of it could use a little work. Sometimes I would alt tab from a game, and alt tab back only to realize my macros were no longer working which would mean i had to alt tab out and back in again to remind it which program i was currently using.

The main thing is the left click double tap issue i've been experiencing since i can't even remember when. I don't know how long after I bought it that it started, but it started out infrequently enough that it didn't bother me where i'll left click on something but i'd actually end up double clicking. Or i'm trying to click and drag to highlight something only for it to only highlight a single word or entire line even or just derp on me when i'm trying to click and drag.

Lately its gotten so often i'm about ready to throw the damn thing away and use my old mouse from when i was using a Gateway computer. I've not been extra rough on this mouse than any other gamer. Don't know what the issue is, but its a trying one.

• clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 Member UncommonPosts: 463
     Using razor blackwidow ultimate also, and a razor abyssus mouse i bought on close out. The mouse is getting old but still preforms well. Will  be looking at a left handed razor mouse when this one dies.
  • ArazaleArazale Member Posts: 348
    There's no way you can type above 50 wpm with that monstrosity.
  • alvin_josephalvin_joseph Member Posts: 18
    If you are lookig for a good quality, buy logitech.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Im using the Logitech G110 and razer Naga, I dont use the extra keys from the keyboard so thats wa waste for me but Im using all the keys on the naga!! tIts awesome!

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796

I'm a big fan of Logitech these days.  They are above and beyond what they were in the early years. 

Here's my current setup:

Keyboard:

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g710plus-mechanical-gaming-keyboard

Gaming Keypad (for left hand):

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g13-advanced-gameboard

Mouse:

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g602-wireless-gaming-mouse

The bonus is that all 3 devices use the same driver software with their own sections for customizing.  Plus, your profiles are saved on-board the G13 for all 3 devices.

Good Luck

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I'm using a Logitech G600 and a G710+ keyboard and I'm loving the hell out of both of them. I used to only use Razer products then decided to jump to logitech and I'm glad I did.