Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

small carrier soon, save money for Christmas

motanilamotanila Member UncommonPosts: 152

I heard from a trustable source that they will launch close to the end of the year a carrier.

Those are soe things i heard about it:

It will be roughly 1.5 size of the Idriss

Will be able to launch and store about 10 hornets.

The hornets will be flayable by human crew or controlled by the carrier captain like in EVE

No offensive weapons, just class 9 turrets, but plenty of them.

There will be a limited quantity  - 1000 .

Price is not sure but arround 2000, including LTI.

If this will happend i will melt all i have and put the difference.

Comments

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685

Maybe they'll be selling "that's no moon..." death-star sized ships within a year at this rate.

"A trustable source", eh?  (though I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being true)

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,828

$2000 for a ship in a game that isn't even out yet?

Wow, AA is small potatoes!

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• CallsignVegaCallsignVega Member UncommonPosts: 288
    Only $2,000? Pfft, that's for kids that work at McDonald's. I only buy digital ships that start at $10 grand. 
  • Buy It suckers. I want more funding for this so I can enjoy it even more when it gets released.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

When will this madness stop? is this a MMO in development or shop for selling virtual ships?

• motanilamotanila Member UncommonPosts: 152
    Originally posted by CallsignVega
    Only $2,000? Pfft, that's for kids that work at McDonald's. I only buy digital ships that start at $10 grand. 

I haven;t heard anything about 10k ships. Will let you know if i heard anything. I think it would be the price of the bengal carrier.

[mod edit]

[mod edit] The carrier I am mentioning is not official (yet) and  I just discuss the game and the ships. The players with lti ships will have big advantage by beeing able to lose 2-3 ships. The LTI package covers as well the equipment.

Is common today for people with disposable income to put couple grands in their hobby.

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by motanila

The hornets will be flayable by human crew or controlled by the carrier captain like in EVE

Then why not just play EVE? You could play EVE for 10+ years for that amount of cash....

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx

When will this madness stop? is this a MMO in development or shop for selling virtual ships?

Since the developer has proven they have no self control at all and will keep taking peoples money and promising the moon for as long as possible it won't stop until the consumer stops buying these things and starts to put the pressure on to actually release a game.  I would say so never but I think the game press is going to start to lose their love for this probably sometime mid next year so I expect we will start to see a lot more criticism of this practice than.

I'm looking forward to Star Citizen but at this point I truly fear for the project given the path it is taking.  I have seen what happened to big software projects that have no practical budget and feature creep that isn't controlled both in government and private sector and have never seen it turn out well.  I'm pretty sure we will get a game at some point it's just that every time we hit another milestone goal of 5-10 million with new promises of features at launch I doubt more and more it will be something anyone wants to play.  More likely it will be hodgepodge of ill fitted together systems that where rushed into production at the last minute because the gravy train finally ran out like it usually does and they had to produce something.  

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Funny, the more threads like this, the more it makes me interested in Elite instead of this game....

I do understand that a company need to get in some money to make games and keep them running but this is just insane.

Originally posted by Loke666

Funny, the more threads like this, the more it makes me interested in Elite instead of this game....

I do understand that a company need to get in some money to make games and keep them running but this is just insane.

While elite dangerous is a fine game you can avoid all pvp by pressing esc while fighting and chose solo online and tadaaa you descaped with 10%life

Originally posted by hfztt

Then why not just play EVE? You could play EVE for 10+ years for that amount of cash....

If EVE would offer LTI for carriers including gear i would pay them money. However  a death in carrier costs like 60$  no thanks (or used to cost when i was playing losing an insured carier with fighters and t2 gear).

• Varex12Varex12 Member CommonPosts: 357
    Originally posted by CallsignVega

I haven;t heard anything about 10k ships. Will let you know if i heard anything. I think it would be the price of the bengal carrier.

Parody poster.  This guy can't be serious.  

• AreWeLiveAreWeLive Member UncommonPosts: 201

Well i guess there is no way left to think that this game will be balanced when it is released.  Pay to Win before it is even released.  I was not expecting this at all.

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

I heard from a trustable source that they will launch close to the end of the year a carrier.

So. How long are you going to continue your little disinformation campaign? That "trustable source" putting up nonsense rumors are obviously you.

Enjoying the "pretending as a fan" show? Very funny. Not.

They are not selling Bengal carriers and LTI is a useless minor perk for pledging, everyone knows it works just the same like the regular ingame ship insurance everyone will be able to afford with a few ingame credits.

Your wannabe Pay2Win allegations are nothing but 100% disinfo agenda.

It was very funny in your other thread where you posted about "shooting transporters with your LTI PvP ships" as everyone knows there are not even transporter ships in Arena Commander. 100% disinformation, 100% trolling, 100% reported.

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502

While elite dangerous is a fine game you can avoid all pvp by pressing esc while fighting and chose solo online and tadaaa you descaped with 10%life

You left off the important bit which is currently.

There's no reason ship persistance won't be in place prior to or at launch for people that attempt to use ESC in PvP.

2000 / 60 = 33 full price AAA games = ~800+ hours of gaming excluding replayability... Doesn't take much to see where that money is better spent.

• jcrg99jcrg99 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Originally posted by Dakeru

Look it's THAT poster with THAT post again.

On this site it's a banable offense to point fingers and talk about paid viral marketing.

However everyone is free to have a look at the history of posters and draw their own conclusions.

What viral marketing ? The carrier I am mentioning is not official (yet) and  I just discuss the game and the ships. The players with lti ships will have big advantage by beeing able to lose 2-3 ships. The LTI package covers as well the equipment.

Is common today for people with disposable income to put couple grands in their hobby.

Just a correction. The LTI does not cover the "equipment". I mean, just the default loadout of the ship. Whatever upgrade you add to the ship will be lost, according with the devs (everything is subject to change), unless you pay in-game insurance to your upgrades, and maybe not all will be possible of any insurance. LTI only cover the hull and default loadout.

Its common today people losing their minds due hobbies. Sometimes they do that not even having so many disposible income, for real. Addiction. It happens with drugs, with games and many other things.

• PioneerStewPioneerStew Member Posts: 874

Likewise, I have lost all interest in this (promise of a) game due to the relentless profiteering.

I simply do not want to be a part of a game that will happily try to screw every last penny out of its fans.   

Originally posted by DocBrody

So. How long are you going to continue your little disinformation campaign? That "trustable source" putting up nonsense rumors are obviously you.

They are not selling Bengal carriers and LTI is a useless minor perk for pledging, everyone knows it works just the same like the regular ingame ship insurance everyone will be able to afford with a few ingame credits.

It was very funny in your other thread were you posted about "shooting transporters with your LTI PvP ships" as everyone knows there are not even transporter ships in Arena Commander. 100% disinformation, 100% trolling, 100% reported.

LOL.

DUDE i bought packages of ships that come well armed. The LTI insurance is covering the gear on phoenix. So in lawless space i can die and have the ship back ready to fight again. You can;t insure cargo and weapons in lawless space. So lti is not a minor perk.  

I never say in arena.

I recommend you to read carefouly [mod edit]

Originally posted by rpmcmurphy

You left off the important bit which is currently.

There's no reason ship persistance won't be in place prior to or at launch for people that attempt to use ESC in PvP.

2000 / 60 = 33 full price AAA games = ~800+ hours of gaming excluding replayability... Doesn't take much to see where that money is better spent.

Unfortunately it seems it will be a permanent feature as it is from kickstarter. It kind of killed the game for me. Altough i still backed them and i will still give it a shot.

Originally posted by PioneerStew

Likewise, I have lost all interest in this (promise of a) game due to the relentless profiteering.

I simply do not want to be a part of a game that will happily try to screw every last penny out of its fans.   

I think that CR is doing that because he knows already that his game has more chances to fail than succeed to the level of REAL people that came to his cause (by looking to the real picture of his real stats that only he and his team knows, but clearly is far from the "positive" situation that they pu tin their marketing).

You can notice them also trying to appeal to things as Racing and FPS, Social modules, put to come first, obviously to appeal to people that is not exactly fromt he Space Sim genre. 

There are too few people, for real, paying for all these things that they are putting on sale. And from 10 "new" players, it's more probable that 9 are the old backers creating or buying through new accounts.

So... this is more like CR not trusting in his own game, that it could sell enough copies after (and even before) release. That's why he seem even don't care if it has bad effects for the image of the company.

He does not care with the company. He already killed 3 earlier than CIG and became richer (personally) in all them. 

He only cares about money, and he is just milking as more as possible because after release, in case of not too much people coming (which is the higher chances), he leaves with an excelent profit. Even that he ends just milking about 5k people in average, because all his things are overpriced, its enough to make a lot.

Some game will come eventually, after a long delay. The rest will end to be vaporware.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

i will just wait till they go retail :)

but hf in alpha and beta, and find all those nasty bugs plox!

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

Originally posted by jcrg99

On this site it's a banable offense to point fingers and talk about paid viral marketing.

However everyone is free to have a look at the history of posters and draw their own conclusions.

What viral marketing ? The carrier I am mentioning is not official (yet) and  I just discuss the game and the ships. The players with lti ships will have big advantage by beeing able to lose 2-3 ships. The LTI package covers as well the equipment.

Just a correction. The LTI does not cover the "equipment". I mean, just the default loadout of the ship. Whatever upgrade you add to the ship will be lost, according with the devs (everything is subject to change), unless you pay in-game insurance to your upgrades, and maybe not all will be possible of any insurance. LTI only cover the hull and default loadout.

Its common today people losing their minds due hobbies. Sometimes they do that not even having so many disposible income, for real. Addiction. It happens with drugs, with games and many other things.

The default layout of phoenix and superhornet is good enogh . They are suposed to come with blue quality gear

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    Originally posted by DocBrody

It was very funny in your other thread were you posted about "shooting transporters with your LTI PvP ships" as everyone knows there are not even transporter ships in Arena Commander. 100% disinformation, 100% trolling, 100% reported.

LOL.

DUDE i bought packages of ships that come well armed. The LTI insurance is covering the gear on phoenix. So in lawless space i can die and have the ship back ready to fight again. You can;t insure cargo and weapons in lawless space. So lti is not a minor perk.  

I never say in arena.

I recommend you to read carefouly [mod edit]

[mod edit]

""""""""

Life-time insurance

Life-time insurance (LTI) is a form of insurance available to individuals who own ships from the pledge store that have LTI at the end of their names. These ships are permanently insured. LTI insurance is identical in coverage to standard insurance except that it does not run out.

Risk

Insurance companies will tend to make their insurance contracts valid for only certain reasons or parts of space. Venturing into extremely dangerous territory and being destroyed may cause your cargo and equipment to be void. Insurance companies are also legitimate companies and will deny service to you if you are a criminal. There are criminal elements who will insure you if you are willing to deal with them.

FAQ

• Q1 - Do I receive my ship back instantly after it’s lost if I insured it?
    • A1 - No, all ships have time period before replacement during which your replacement ship is prepared for you. Larger and more advanced ships take longer to replace.
    • Q2 - If I lose an uninsured ship, will I be compensated in any way?
    • A2 - You will only be compensated on an insured item if it was lost under acceptable terms.
    • Q3 - If my ship is lost in lawless space, will I receive an insurance payout?
    • A3 - Ship insurance applies everywhere, but cargo and equipment insurance may become void if the items are lost in certain areas of space.

• Lifetime Insurance * LTI
      • Replaces your ship hull in the event of destruction or theft.
      • Hull is replaced with an identical model in equivalent condition.
      • Effective indefinitely with no additional in-game fee.
    • Standard Hull Insurance *
      • Replaces your ship hull in the event of destruction or theft.
      • Hull is replaced with an identical model in equivalent condition.
      • Effective for a set period of time: currently one, three or six months.
      • Must be renewed with in-game credits once expired.
    * Insurance claims may be denied in cases of proven fraud.

In the future, packages will include Standard Hull Insurance which must be renewed after a set period (currently between 1 and 6 months depending on the package) instead of Lifetime Insurance. We want to be absolutely clear that Standard Hull Insurance, which offers the same exact protection, is available to all players in the game. Players simply need to continue to renew it with credits earned in-game. LTI is intended to make this more convenient for our early backers, not to unbalance the game in any way. Insurance does not negate the cost of repairing, rearming or docking your ship. It protects your hull in its current condition and does not allow you to explode a beaten up ship to exchange for a fresh one at no cost.

"""""""""""""""""

[mod edit]
    Originally posted by jcrg99

The default layout of phoenix and superhornet is good enogh . They are suposed to come with blue quality gear

Hmmm... Knowing other previous games from where they basically are taking all their inspiration, I highly doubt that your default equipment will be "good enough" for more than a few days.