Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR: Is it worth it to come back?

After hearing about the disciplines... I'm mildly interested in coming back and giving it another shot. 

I originally quit right around the time the "Scum and Villainy" operation was released (maybe a couple weeks after); but I got bored/tired of the game for a bit and felt like things were becoming a bit too monotonous.

Can anyone tell me if the changes since then are worth trying it out and re-subbing?

Of course the changes I'm referring to are Strongholds, Space Combat, Disciplines, New Operations, and whatever else I may have forgotten.

Any information/opinions on these would be greatly appreciated!

~~Internet gaming is not for the faint of heart or the dumb of mind.~~

Comments

• ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
    You will have fun for about 3 weeks doing the new stuff, and then the façade falls out and the void that is SWTOR makes you stop logging in. There are a lot of people on the game, but the lack of variety is still there.
    MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
  • grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Yep.   If you preorder the expansion you get 12x leveling through main storyline quests.  Meaning you can get to max level on your characters by just doing the story quest for your class.
  • Demmi77Demmi77 Member UncommonPosts: 229

i think if you want to come back for some stories and / or wanna get a character from 1 to max level then yes.

i came back after a long hiatus and it's a disorganized mess to me. they added to much "all over teh place stuff". It feels overwhelming and very cartel pack oriented.

i played pvp specifically but just couldn't stay with it after a while. I came back right after the GSH update and it just felt like to much crap to have to deal with. PvP felt a little more lagged than when i left

• SykomykeSykomyke Member Posts: 116

Well I don't really plan on leveling too many alts. 

I had at least 3 60's when I last left the game (2 Tanks and 1 DPS) and a slew of already mid-high level alts.  My main reason for possibly coming back is a slightly familiar (and nostalgic IP) and the new disciplines along with new PvP/Space Combat.

Not sure if I'll ever go hardcore raiding again due to moving out of that phase of my life. (No more 10-2 AM raid times for me) With that said, I'm not sure if SWTOR is even right for me anymore but just wanted to get some people's opinions to all the changes that have happened so far (with the exception of disciplines which haven't been released yet).

~~Internet gaming is not for the faint of heart or the dumb of mind.~~

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Gorwe
    I would wait for 3,0 and the aforementioned disciplines if I were you. I know that I am.

Pretty sound advice there.

A large part of it also depends on how much you generally enjoy housing in MMOs. If it's something you like a lot it might be worth coming back sooner, but otherwise I'd time your return around 3.0 for the new content, disciplines system and level cap increase (55->60).

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347
    W/ the new disc system i would say no. Why game dev.s hate player choice i'll never figure out.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine