Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

can the bounty hunter class actually bounty hunt players?

that would actually make me try this finally..did it in swg..curious if they ever added this feature (know it wasn't when game came out)

cant find anything saying u can..so i assume u cant

also..is it still set paths u can explore on planets? is it free roam etc?

i don't know jack..but i know his sister :)

Comments

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    On the Fleet there is a character in carbonite.  When I clicked on it it started me on some sort of bounty hunter quest and it looked like it might be a bounty hunter quest line.  Haven't had a chance to follow up on it yet.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• tatbountytatbounty Member Posts: 14
    i've never bothered to try the game..played swg for many years as a bh..and loved hunting actual real players in game..thats basically what im trying to find out if they have in this game

• EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by tatbounty
    i've never bothered to try the game..played swg for many years as a bh..and loved hunting actual real players in game..thats basically what im trying to find out if they have in this game

No they cannot, SWTOR is nothing like SWG at all, hence why it has died off into F2P hell.

It sounds like you might be searching for a certain large, flightless bird.  Similar to an Ostrich maybe?  But not quite...

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Entinerint
    Originally posted by tatbounty i've never bothered to try the game..played swg for many years as a bh..and loved hunting actual real players in game..thats basically what im trying to find out if they have in this game

No they cannot, SWTOR is nothing like SWG at all, hence why it has died off into F2P hell.

It sounds like you might be searching for a certain large, flightless bird.  Similar to an Ostrich maybe?  But not quite...

That was very cryptic...after searching Wikipedia for "Flightless Birds' and having a big think i finally worked that out..

Maybe im just really slow today..

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• EricJDWAEricJDWA Member UncommonPosts: 2

that would actually make me try this finally..did it in swg..curious if they ever added this feature (know it wasn't when game came out)

Tat:  In answer to your questions:

1) You can't bounty hunt players.  There is the full Class Questline where you are involved in the Great Hunt, and the aftermath, but this is purely PVE based stuff.  The person in carbonite is a quest line trigger for the monthly "Bounty Brokers Association" event.  Again, PVE only.

2) The planets are ordered based on level.  For example, you won't find any quests on Makeb until you are level 50 (and have the Rise of the Hutt Cartel expansion pack).  However, you CAN fly to any planet you wish to, and wander all over said planet to your heart's content (or wallet's, whichever may come first.)

Hopefully this gives you good info.

• Tommy_TunaTommy_Tuna Member Posts: 4

Posts like yours are lame man.

First off, lets look at just how fugged up SWG was....

Max of 300k ish subs of which 100k ish dropped within the first yr. Making matters worse, the design of the game forced people to make multiple accounts for their crafting alts, which in turn meant the actual unique users were probably more in the neighborhood of 140k or so.

Unstable servers. Recursive macroing. Alpha class in a PVP game. Non working skill paths. Do I really need to continue? It was a steaming pile.

Not one, but two revamps were tried to stabilize the sub numbers. Which finally resulted in the numbers dropping so far, a reported 10k was all that were online playing on a Friday evening. Estimates of 50k to 100k subs total. It limped on for yrs on Sony All Access Pass, and was finally put down.

Where as SWTOR took off with 2M in box sales, dropped in popularity due to some issues, and too many launch servers. They cleaned some things up, merged servers, yet still has more subs after 3 yrs than SWG had during its first yr peak. Not to mention all the extra thru the cash shop.

SWTOR has made tons of money because it didn't follow SWG's example. Whether you want to accept reality, or live in an alternate universe is up to you.

@OP Nah SWTOR doesn't have PVP focus. You are looking for sandbox style play. Something TOR doesn't provide thankfully. Good luck finding a game you like

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015

i dont see why you could'nt bounty hunt players..  all you need is players to participate and you can organize it yourself

check your server if people are willing (might be easier on a rp server)

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• tatbountytatbounty Member Posts: 14
    Originally posted by hallucigenocide

i dont see why you could'nt bounty hunt players..  all you need is players to participate and you can organize it yourself

check your server if people are willing (might be easier on a rp server)

nah..never was into the rp thing..loved pvp..but nothing better then bh'ing that leet dude and making him whine lol

and in regards to the swg basher in reply above urs..yes..swg had its issues..but that game could be pretty damn badass at times..i still might give this game a shot on a pvp server or something..wouldn't play the free version though

thx for the replies guys

• AG-VukAG-Vuk Member UncommonPosts: 823

No, it's not SWG and will never be.

• ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405

LMAO oh man. oh hohoh lol. Thank you OP, thank you for that laugh.

Where would said Bounty Hunter hunt other players? Why would they hunt them, for fucking up while tanking in a FP? LOL oh hahaha fucking great stuff.

MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
  • SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Really is a shame what Bioware did with such a great IP...sad....long live swg

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• mrrshann618mrrshann618 Member UncommonPosts: 279

You want to BH leet dudez?

Easy, go to PvP server and grief as much as you want. Reading the posts make it sound that is what you want to do anyway.

You just want a "justified excuse"

Play what you Like. I like SWOTR, Have a referral to get you going!
    -->  http://www.swtor.com/r/nBndbs  <--
    Several Unlocks and a few days game time to make the F2P considerably easier
  • IkifalesIkifales Member UncommonPosts: 305
    BH in SWG was some of the most fun I have ever had in an MMO. It's not the same as griefing...many times your target was a bad@ss and it was not an easy job. By the way OP...there.....is...another Skywalker.... (yes another cryptic message)
  • ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
    Originally posted by mrrshann618

You want to BH leet dudez?

Easy, go to PvP server and grief as much as you want. Reading the posts make it sound that is what you want to do anyway.

You just want a "justified excuse"

NIce Pivot to calling OP a griefer. A bounty system in games is usually either triggered by faction activity, or by direct killing in PvP.

I can't even imagine the consternation that would occur if people e on the Fleet had to watch their backs for Bounty Hunters. Even more than that, I can't imagine how they would get a bounty to begin with. There is no system in that game for actions having a consequence. You just rinse and repeat instances.

MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
  • ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by Tommy_Tuna

Posts like yours are lame man.

First off, lets look at just how fugged up SWG was....

Max of 300k ish subs of which 100k ish dropped within the first yr. Making matters worse, the design of the game forced people to make multiple accounts for their crafting alts, which in turn meant the actual unique users were probably more in the neighborhood of 140k or so.

Unstable servers. Recursive macroing. Alpha class in a PVP game. Non working skill paths. Do I really need to continue? It was a steaming pile.

Not one, but two revamps were tried to stabilize the sub numbers. Which finally resulted in the numbers dropping so far, a reported 10k was all that were online playing on a Friday evening. Estimates of 50k to 100k subs total. It limped on for yrs on Sony All Access Pass, and was finally put down.

Where as SWTOR took off with 2M in box sales, dropped in popularity due to some issues, and too many launch servers. They cleaned some things up, merged servers, yet still has more subs after 3 yrs than SWG had during its first yr peak. Not to mention all the extra thru the cash shop.

SWTOR has made tons of money because it didn't follow SWG's example. Whether you want to accept reality, or live in an alternate universe is up to you.

@OP Nah SWTOR doesn't have PVP focus. You are looking for sandbox style play. Something TOR doesn't provide thankfully. Good luck finding a game you like

This. I enjoyed my time in SWG but it had SO MANY game breaking issues that I would never put up with today. Especially for one that demanded a sub fee for just one character per server.

A player bounty system would never work in TOR. You think jedi hiding in houses was frustrating? Try catching them when they are spending time in multiple instances on the fleet or on planets that are faction specific. You'd never find them.

Plus I don't miss the nerf wars that went on the game's forums. Jedi would whine that they should NEVER die to a Bounty Hunter and Bounty Hunters would gripe that Jedi were impossible to kill. Each patch seemed to cater to the jedi players with skills across multiple professions getting the nerf bat and resentment built because of favoritism. It's just not worth the headaches. If you are one of those players who gets his jollies off on jumping players then join a PVP server.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft