Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: Nightmare Tide Launches with New Trailer

2»

Comments

• WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Originally posted by Callidor
    Originally posted by zaberfangx
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by JackFrosty

Its a great game with good quality. What did you expect.

Fixed it for you - seriously have you even tried the expansion? 

I'm liking it a lot so far

Of course you like it DM, you werent a real pvp'r in Rift. I spent 2 years getting my relic pvp armor set, and with 3.0 people can get better gear raiding for 1  whweekend. Shame on Trion for shafting a segment of the games population who worked hard and got bent over for it.

I worked hard on my relic pvp armor set, I can see some part of it, but mmo in general have there gear set a bit hard on people all the time. I learn to live with it and just have fun is not going stop me to enjoy my play.

So it doesnt bother you that all the hard work you put in means nothing, the countless hours of prestige and favor grind, the constant CQing even though you didnt feel like it, again all for nothing. The countless hours clawing your way from the bottom to the top of the heap and now youre back at the bottom with people who didnt have to do shit to be on your level? You're a better man than I. 

Seems to me that you got your full moneys worth from a game that you were able to enjoy for upwards of two years doing well... game things.

Now you are bitching because just like every other game expansion that ever existed when it comes out your hard earned gear is now obsoleted and game play has been simplified to appeal to the masses. Welcome to modern day gaming...

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873

I would honestly be shocked if you don't like anything that is related to Trion.

On topic, yeah i will dust off my character again for this expansion. Been a long time since i played rift.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• CallidorCallidor Member Posts: 371
    Originally posted by Wighty
    Originally posted by zaberfangx

Of course you like it DM, you werent a real pvp'r in Rift. I spent 2 years getting my relic pvp armor set, and with 3.0 people can get better gear raiding for 1  whweekend. Shame on Trion for shafting a segment of the games population who worked hard and got bent over for it.

I worked hard on my relic pvp armor set, I can see some part of it, but mmo in general have there gear set a bit hard on people all the time. I learn to live with it and just have fun is not going stop me to enjoy my play.

So it doesnt bother you that all the hard work you put in means nothing, the countless hours of prestige and favor grind, the constant CQing even though you didnt feel like it, again all for nothing. The countless hours clawing your way from the bottom to the top of the heap and now youre back at the bottom with people who didnt have to do shit to be on your level? You're a better man than I. 

Seems to me that you got your full moneys worth from a game that you were able to enjoy for upwards of two years doing well... game things.

Now you are bitching because just like every other game expansion that ever existed when it comes out your hard earned gear is now obsoleted and game play has been simplified to appeal to the masses. Welcome to modern day gaming...

Wrong sir, wrong. In other games they would introduce new pvp armor and weapons. I cannot think of a single other mmo Ive played in the last 15 years that did away with their entire pvp gear system and replaced it with pve armor . Name ONE other game that has done this.

Welcome to modern gaming indeed.

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Originally posted by Deyirn
    Originally posted by Volgore
    Watching the trailer i once again noticed that there is something about the art style/design that i just can't get used to. Can't put my finger on it, but something is off there.

its just something about new games that makes them look cheesy, especially fantasy MMOs, something about their graphics is really dull, i dont know how Blizzard made it, but as dated as WoW's graphics are, they still look brighter and more alive than many newer games

Blizzard came out the right time and right place, as WoW still have a lot of people still that not going drop all there years worth in wow just to go to a new one. But wow is losing more people every year then getting new players. Where there they going to other mmo just like rift, and many other.

But people who play mmo just for there graphices will be sadly disappointed when they look for the game play when its not there for them, not saying rift have the best game play or even wow, but people still will play what they like and what they want to stick with then just graphices.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

Just tried yesterday as free user, because preparing now for Wod, just to get taste of new expansion. Well, looks fun underwater environment, but presentation ... meh, been there seen that. When I think about Wow expansions, ... everything feels so epic ... I'm barely waiting to enter. Here ... just another portal. And had even to ask in chat how the hell I get there?? No automatic quest that would redirect me to Timelessisle (!) instead pop up anywhere or at least in main city. As I said ... meh. There was simply no excitement, zero. Just checking by ....

Will still return as I have purchased expansion (but not sub for now) ... but only when WOD and Swtor wears off. I have bad feeling incredible original release of Rift, bug free, fluid, ... was something that just happened. Especially considering disastrous AA release, where Trion put their name.

• bentrimbentrim Member UncommonPosts: 299
    Thank God they are taking PVP out of it.....FINALLY someone gets it. It is the ONE thing that KILLS MMORPGs...CYA PVP!!
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Originally posted by bentrim
    Thank God they are taking PVP out of it.....FINALLY someone gets it. It is the ONE thing that KILLS MMORPGs...CYA PVP!!

I agree totally on this. Mmo pvp is just a waste of resources best used for good content. Have you noticed that mmo pvp seems be always broken. Devs waste so much time with it. And thats why content suffers and games get bad. Thats why games like Lotro have tons of content because the lead guy at tubine posted numbers for the game and it showed that 5 % of the player base was interested in pvp and raids. And i bet its probably like this with every mmo. But you would never believe this because on game boards pvper's are QQ the most about things.