Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How good the PC for online gaming

kabirgphkabirgph Member UncommonPosts: 15

I have got an offer to buy a used pc. Is this pc will be good for online gaming?
CPU: AMD FX-8350 Black Edition
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 760 Gaming 4GB
Motherboard: ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0, Socket-AM3+
Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 8GB CL9
Storage: Corsair Force Series GS 128GB and WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM
Optical drive: ASUS DVD Writer, DRW-24F1ST
Power supply: Corsair CX 600M, 600W PSU
Case: NZXT Phantom 410

Comments

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Originally posted by kabirgph

I have got an offer to buy a used pc. Is this pc will be good for online gaming?
    CPU: AMD FX-8350 Black Edition
    GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 760 Gaming 4GB
    Motherboard: ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0, Socket-AM3+
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 8GB CL9
    Storage: Corsair Force Series GS 128GB and WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM
    Optical drive: ASUS DVD Writer, DRW-24F1ST
    Power supply: Corsair CX 600M, 600W PSU
    Case: NZXT Phantom 410

I guess it depends on how much your paying in some ways.  The computer itself is probably a mid to lower level gaming computer IMO.  I would be somewhat concerned about the cooling in the pc as this tends to be an issue for some gamers.  I would also look at the ability to upgrade if you are making a serious investment.  Some people may have an issue with the AMD CPU.  This will certainly play any game out now and probably most for the next year or two.

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

That PC will be fine for online gaming.

The hardware is decent and should run pretty much every game out there. Maybe not at max settings but med/high certainly. I cant speak to the value of it as you did not list a price.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

It's good. If one were to build a gaming desktop on budged today, those parts wouldn't be bad picks.

It's not a high end machine and you won't be able to run every game with all settings maxed, but it should run every modern game and likely all that will get released during next couple of years.

• daemondaemon Member UncommonPosts: 680
    Its more then fine for most online games. In the future you could upgrade the videocard for ultra high settings but its a pretty ok gaming PC.
  • Leon1eLeon1e Member UncommonPosts: 791

Its fine. Although I would personally use  an AMD card. In your case, i would replace the 760 with R9 280X. It's basically a better GPU and allows you to utilize Mantle for whichever game supports it. I'm fairly certain that this CPU will need to offload processing to the GPU (E.g. Mantle/Dx12)

On raw compute power AMD GPUs are better than nVidia. So an AMD GPU would make for more of a balanced build. Yours is good nonetheless though. Congratz. It will play online games for years to come :)

Also there is no "non-black" edition of the CPU you specified :P 

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351
    It's a viable gaming rig, but whether it's a good deal depends on the price tag and the condition.  If it's in good working order and you can get it under $500, then sure.  If you'd have to pay $1000 for it, then you can probably do better new on that sort of budget.