Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Save money for next bargain HullC

motanilamotanila Member UncommonPosts: 152

Save money for next sale HullC . While we don't know exactely how much it is believed to be as cheap as 350. But even at 700$ is worth it. 

Don't forget you support the game and the ship is just a thank you from devs.

Comments

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502

Why is it worth it? What makes it worth it? If I can get a whole game, a AAA one at that for $60 why would I want to spend 10x that on what is nothing more than a jpeg? You don't even get the game or alpha access included in your $600 which seems exceedingly stingy.

If the game already has $60 million ($270 million) why do they still need such large contributions to their pot?

How much is enough?

• screecwescreecwe Member UncommonPosts: 127
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

The Internet REALLY needs a sarcasm font. I cringe when people can't tell the difference. I've been there too bud.

That being said, better get you bank statements in order. The SC cash cow will be grazing soon!

EDIT: I think this shill might be serious!image Sorry rpmcmurphy you look to be correct.image

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

Where's the missing sarcasm tag, perhaps you'd be kind enough to highlight it?

• JonBonJawaJonBonJawa Member UncommonPosts: 489
    I smell a baiting thread
    Originally posted by MoreOfTheSame
    I smell a baiting thread

Why do you say that? The OP's post history shows all of his posts bar one are advocacy for Star Citizen. Why would he suddenly decide to start baiting?

• seafirexseafirex Member UncommonPosts: 419

This is what i have got on there forums regarding buying the game :

The subscriptions that are available are entirely optional. They are for those who want to give more money for a few non gameplay related perks. You buy the game by buying a game package. If you only want the finished game when it is available, you would want the 30$ Aroura MR package. If you want beta access than the Aurora MR + package will give you that. The only part of the game playable right now is arena commander and if you want to play that you need an arena commander pass. In case you want to through more money at the devs there are more expensive packages that have better ships but all of said ships will be available to buy with entirely ingame credits.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is no monthly fee's like subs that are a obligation to paly the game they said. They are more like patrons fee's where you can get cosmetic stuff , etc. But nothing to force people to pay one. So if you buy the game you can play as long as it is active. Buy to play!!!

All ships can be purchase with in-game money once you have access to the game. ( This is where i still have issues with because how much will they cost and how fast can you make in-game money? )

Another thing that makes me feel a bit down on this game is if it cost that much to do for what they only did now. How much will it cost to keep it running? And how much will it cost to finish it or at least have it running with so much stuff that it will be worth it for players to keep playing it?

So many things not answered here by them or clear enought for people to understand and know what to expect from them and the game.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    What a deal! It's just like a GTX 970, except without the functionality!
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    Originally posted by rpmcmurphy
    I smell a baiting thread

Why do you say that? The OP's post history shows all of his posts bar one are advocacy for Star Citizen. Why would he suddenly decide to start baiting?

You know what, you might be right.

I don't care enough about what people post to actually look at their previous posts in other threads. But I made an exception for the OP.  TBO he does look like a (paid?) shill for SC. I really though the OP was being sarcastic but he might not be. That's even more scary. And this is coming from a backer with just one lowly Aurora LX LTI.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

I don't see any hints for this being an ironic thread. The SC community is delusional enough to consider 300-600$ for pixels a bargain.

Doesn't even have to be a paid advertiser - some fans really do this for "the noble cause"

Harbinger of Fools
  • JonBonJawaJonBonJawa Member UncommonPosts: 489
    Originally posted by Dakeru

I don't see any hints for this being an ironic thread. The SC community is delusional enough to consider 300-600$ for pixels a bargain.

Doesn't even have to be a paid advertiser - some fans really do this for "the noble cause"

you should be grateful for a community that pays for the development and cuts out greedy publishers, greedy investors, greedy shareholders, with 100% crowdfunding you can get a 100% community interest triple A title which would otherwise not even exist.

They said space sims are a niche, PC only games are a niche, now look at all the bandwagon space titles popping up.

Meanwhile, SC is rapidly approaching a 60 million Dollar budget, on to 100 million Dollars hopefully sooner than later.

Thanks to Chris Roberts the ultimate space sim is back, Star Citizen will be the defining game of the decade. Wait and see.

You´ll regret soon enough that you didn´t get all the early backer rewards

• motanilamotanila Member UncommonPosts: 152

Well there is one thing that people forget LTI (lifetime insurance). I have couple pvp ships backed , the package that come with gear too. This way i can login see first player in a transport ship  destroy it , collect the hate mail and repeat with the next ship.

• Dampiel_szDampiel_sz Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Originally posted by motanila

Well there is one thing that people forget LTI (lifetime insurance). I have couple pvp ships backed , the package that come with gear too. This way i can login see first player in a transport ship  destroy it , collect the hate mail and repeat with the next ship.

LTI is amazing and i think its worth a couple of extra dollars now to help my ingame cash flow later. I dont have any ships with LTI but a couple of my packages came with 3-6 months of insurance. Hopefully i will be able to rack up enough ingame credits before the insurance runs out to purchase what i really want (couldn't afford a retailiator).

As for your grand ideas of shooting down the first transport that you see, keep in mind LTI dosent cover your equipment and may have unforseen consequences and impede your gameplay later on down the road. unless of course you do not like UEE space

okay that´s blatant troll hate baiting, by an obvious fake account intended for SC bashing.

1- Transport ships in Arena Commander? BS. There are none.

2- Mail? There is no "Mail" in SC yet.

3- Posing as backer, talking about "PvP ships" - dude every ship is a "PvP ship" as there is only PvP at the moment.

4- Posing as LTI would be of any benefit in Arena Commander? Or anytime in the future? More BS. Insurance system isn´t even implemented, how could LTI be possibly a benefit right now?

Case closed, obvious agenda troll hate baiting is obvious.

But hey funny idea - create "fake fanboy" alt account to post more nonsense to make the SC community look bad, well done jcrg99, SGEL, rpmcmurphy or whoever else thinks your daily SC hate agenda of lies and deception is still funny.

He made no mention of Arena Commander so I think it should be pretty clear he's referring to when the PU goes live.

Just because I'm a critic and/or a sceptic doesn't take away the fact that I'm also a backer, nor that I say what I want to say on my only account. Lay off the paranoid accusations eh?

• jcrg99jcrg99 Member UncommonPosts: 723

you should be grateful for a community that pays for the development and cuts out greedy publishers, greedy investors, greedy shareholders, with 100% crowdfunding you can get a 100% community interest triple A title which would otherwise not even exist.

They said space sims are a niche, PC only games are a niche, now look at all the bandwagon space titles popping up.

Meanwhile, SC is rapidly approaching a 60 million Dollar budget, on to 100 million Dollars hopefully sooner than later.

Thanks to Chris Roberts the ultimate space sim is back, Star Citizen will be the defining game of the decade. Wait and see.

You´ll regret soon enough that you didn´t get all the early backer rewards

Why should people that are not paying before release regret? All the stuff will be there available "for free" in the final game, per Chris Roberts, just acquired by gameplay. And, if it ever ends one day, it probably will be in a finished, better, complete status. So tell me? How paying 80 dollars to get access to everything (that includes tons of ships), just you having to play to acquire, is better than spending 30 + 600 + 350 + 1000 + 150 + 450, because if won't do that you will be stuck with that poor-level ship that won't make you play the game for more than a few minutes along all this "development time"? 

How SC will be a "defining game of the decade" if they take a decade to deliver anything, while others deliver and will continue to do so, always ahead, always more quickly than SC, because they are not stuck in "higher-fidelity mogus bogus" that almost 90% of the Space Sim fans don't really care, or at least, if was given the choice "high-level of features in a timely manner" or "graphics in a never-ending development, sacrificing in-game features/possibilities", definitley 90% would choose the second option?

And yes. Space Sim is a niche. And apparently CR decided to screw with such niche. And focus just in 10% of such niche (and no, please, don't come with this 600k backers, you and I know that this is fake, everyone knows).

In other words, I wonder to who he is going to appeal in the end? Space Sim fans ended for him. He tried Racing fans. Now he is going to try FPS fans. Who he is going to try next? Maybe a new Minecraft module to give more attention to SC? Maybe a The Sims module? Who knows.

And no. I am not grateful because you are destroying the future of this game. The image of the SC community, of CIG is seriously bad already... now. Just imagine in the next years with all this insanity continuing.

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197

you should be grateful for a community that pays for the development and cuts out greedy publishers, greedy investors, greedy shareholders

Tell me more about greed from a game that has 600$ ships that doesn't even include the basic game in the price.

Or greed from a game where every single ship has a real money price tag.

Please, tell me more about GREED.

..Cake..

• daemondaemon Member UncommonPosts: 680
    Funny how people overpay to fund a game that its more likely another fail if not even another P2W fail :)
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

Will the folks who gave money to Star Citizen get it back if they decided to close it down?

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768
    Originally posted by Elsabolts

Will the folks who gave money to Star Citizen get it back if they decided to close it down?

No they wont. someone posted EULA statement where it clear says you basically donated the money so no refund.

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

This discussion has been closed.