Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: Nightmare Tide Launches with New Trailer

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The latest Rift expansion has launched as of today. To celebrate the Nightmare Tide release, Trion has sent out a brand new trailer. Check it out!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669

Amazing trailer. Re-installing now. Rift, since it's launch, has always been my go-to MMO of choice. Something about it just 'clicks' with me. Really excited to play through the new content. :D

• sirozzysirozzy Member UncommonPosts: 30

wow 134,99 for an expansion... you got to be kidding me...

(yeah i know there is an 22,99 editions as well but hey... )

• kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    Originally posted by sirozzy

Actually the xpac is free but if they can get people like you believe they have to pay for it, why not?

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Watching the trailer i once again noticed that there is something about the art style/design that i just can't get used to. Can't put my finger on it, but something is off there.

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Originally posted by kikoodutroa8
    Originally posted by sirozzy

Actually the xpac is free but if they can get people like you believe they have to pay for it, why not?

HAHAHAHA!!! i know right? just like the idiots who believe they can spend 1000$ to get pvp tokens to buy pvp gears and win!!! suckers!!!

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by kikoodutroa8

FREE expansion commentary at joystiq

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/10/21/enter-at-your-own-rift-which-nightmare-tide-edition-is-right-fo/

You'll get the new zones, all of the quests, the nightmare rifts, the minion system, the additional and reworked dungeons, the aquatic mounts, and the increase to level 65 with the associated masteries.

You will have three significant restrictions, however:

the lack of access to the new earring slots, lack of access to any gear with "Planewalker: Water" affixed to it (around 15% to 20% of the expansion's gear rewards), and lack of access to the Manguo League.

However, two of those restrictions can be lifted in-game with some work. Players can earn currency to buy the earring slots and purchase Planewalker: Water attunement with level 65 expert dungeon marks. Until those restrictions are lifted, your character will not be as powerful as those who have access to them. It remains to be seen how large of a power difference this will be, however.

• VexiusxVexiusx Member UncommonPosts: 212
     Live stream of the new x-pac starting now!
  • AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824
    Originally posted by Volgore
    Watching the trailer i once again noticed that there is something about the art style/design that i just can't get used to. Can't put my finger on it, but something is off there.

it's not just you, a lot of people feel this way when they play rift

even though there's a lot of amazing concepts and crazy shit happening, the execution of it just feels painfully generic and soulless 

• CallidorCallidor Member Posts: 371

What is politely being sidestepped is that Trion gutted the pvp outta Rift with 3.0. They got rid of conquest points, and worse yet are doing away with pvp armor. Basically theyre turning the hard earned relic myrmidon gear in to pve gear. Then getting rid of pvp armor altogether.  So now, instead of having the better gear in pvp because you earned it in pvp, you have to go pve raid for it. 

And lasty they added no new pvp content at all.

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Originally posted by Callidor

What is politely being sidestepped is that Trion gutted the pvp outta Rift with 3.0. They got rid of conquest points, and worse yet are doing away with pvp armor. Basically theyre turning the hard earned relic myrmidon gear in to pve gear. Then getting rid of pvp armor altogether.  So now, instead of having the better gear in pvp because you earned it in pvp, you have to go pve raid for it. 

Can get raid gear in pvp, there all mix to one now, even if still some better raid weapon, will be nerf down to the weapon you only can get in pvp, so be more of a level ground, then being a 1 shot thing, is to bring back more world pvp. And they did added pvp content I would not said no pvp content when there a new WF.

• JackFrostyJackFrosty Member Posts: 103

Wow, that trailer looks terrible. The graphics look even worse.

Its a shame what a pile of crap this game has become since it went fail2play.

When I wake up, the real nightmare begins

• JackFrostyJackFrosty Member Posts: 103
    Originally posted by Asamof

even though there's a lot of amazing concepts and crazy shit happening, the execution of it just feels painfully generic and soulless 

Its a fail2play game with fail2play quality. What did you expect.

When I wake up, the real nightmare begins

Originally posted by JackFrosty

What do you expect a wow killer? you seem to hate a rift for something or just a wow fan?

• Tykam123Tykam123 Member UncommonPosts: 95

A lot of negative responses here. Allow me to say my experience today. I played for roughly 3-4 hours and honestly was having an absolute blast. This honestly kind of reminded me how I felt when the game was first released. I am glad to see they did in fact learn from their mistakes in Storm Legion. In terms of dropping pvp gear, I cant say how thats going. I have not really tried it out yet. On one end it seems like an excellent thing. Its nice that there is just one group of gear that works for everything, on the other, it does suck to be killed by some hard core raider even though you PvP a LOT more than him. We will have to see how this plays out.

I have been an active forum poster for some time, and Trion has said some things I disagreed with before. But they truly do seem to be listening at least to some extent. The story is excellent so far. Its kind of a "magical but dark" feel and I am honestly excited to see where this leads. The under water parts of the zone actually dont seem miserable which is nice having tried other games and HATED it. I logged out numerous times in GW2 just due to their awful underwater system.

Another thing im actually liking is the free 60 I got. Its nice to try something different and I have decided to go with my rogue instead of my usual mage. Ultimately I ask you to give the game a try. It really does feel terrific so far. The zones are packed and I am feeling the "mmo" experience I havent felt much lately. Is Rift perfect? Hell no, but its a decent game and its something to do in the time being :)

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Originally posted by Tykam123

Another thing im actually liking is the free 60 I got.

How do you get a free level 60?

Edit: I see. It comes with a purchase of the Infusion Edition ($50), so I wouldn't call it "free."

• luisrkillerluisrkiller Member UncommonPosts: 107
    Originally posted by zaberfangx

What do you expect a wow killer? you seem to hate a rift for something or just a wow fan?

He seems to hate on almost every post, I've noticed. I think the trailer looks great and I've never even played rift. The trailer definitely sparked my interest

• ArawulfArawulf Guest WriterMember UncommonPosts: 597
    Originally posted by DMKano

Its a great game with good quality. What did you expect.

Fixed it for you - seriously have you even tried the expansion? 

I'm liking it a lot so far

Me too! I honestly didn't see it coming - the game wasn't even on my radar until a couple days ago. 

• ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669

Me too. Still in Goboro Reef as I'm taking it slow and just exploring every nook and cranny, doing the carnage quests, and goofing around a bit (think I spent 10 minutes jumping in and out of the water pretending to be a dolphin due to the 'frog legs' effect). 

• frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503
    Originally posted by ThumbtackJ

Me too. Still in Goboro Reef as I'm taking it slow and just exploring every nook and cranny, doing the carnage quests, and goofing around a bit (think I spent 10 minutes jumping in and out of the water pretending to be a dolphin due to the 'frog legs' effect). 

They still have carnage quest? I hoped they would drop those. I hated them in the last expansion

Originally posted by freston
    Originally posted by ThumbtackJ

They still have carnage quest? I hoped they would drop those. I hated them in the last expansion

They still have them 90% of them are kill 4,6 or 8 of this, just feels less grindly more fun how the zones are.

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

I always tried to like Rift. I like the talent system, the music and the character models.

But what I don't like is that a lot of the talents are quite boring (+1% damage, +1% wisdom, +2% spell damage and so on), the linear on-rails gameplay (you have no choice where to go to), the total lack of replayability (with the low amount of classes and areas to level up in), and the landscape graphics, that look somehow very sterile.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

Of course you like it DM, you werent a real pvp'r in Rift. I spent 2 years getting my relic pvp armor set, and with 3.0 people can get better gear raiding for 1  whweekend. Shame on Trion for shafting a segment of the games population who worked hard and got bent over for it.

Can get raid gear in pvp, there all mix to one now, even if still some better raid weapon, will be nerf down to the weapon you only can get in pvp, so be more of a level ground, then being a 1 shot thing, is to bring back more world pvp. And they did added pvp content I would not said no pvp content when there a new WF.

So they did decide to add another warfront. yay. Thats 2 new maps in what 3 years? Talk about a shoddy bandaid.

Of course you like it DM, you werent a real pvp'r in Rift. I spent 2 years getting my relic pvp armor set, and with 3.0 people can get better gear raiding for 1  whweekend. Shame on Trion for shafting a segment of the games population who worked hard and got bent over for it.

I worked hard on my relic pvp armor set, I can see some part of it, but mmo in general have there gear set a bit hard on people all the time. I learn to live with it and just have fun is not going stop me to enjoy my play.

I worked hard on my relic pvp armor set, I can see some part of it, but mmo in general have there gear set a bit hard on people all the time. I learn to live with it and just have fun is not going stop me to enjoy my play.

So it doesnt bother you that all the hard work you put in means nothing, the countless hours of prestige and favor grind, the constant CQing even though you didnt feel like it, again all for nothing. The countless hours clawing your way from the bottom to the top of the heap and now youre back at the bottom with people who didnt have to do shit to be on your level? You're a better man than I.