Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Transcript of "10 for the Chairman" episodes

ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/103629/ten-for-the-chairman-transcripts

Greetings fellow space-jockeys,

if you want to READ many answers from Chris Roberts on all kinds of questions answered in his video blog "10 for the Chairman", you might wanna check out the transcripts ... see link above.

Have fun

Comments

• JonBonJawaJonBonJawa Member UncommonPosts: 489
    Originally posted by Erillion

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/103629/ten-for-the-chairman-transcripts

Greetings fellow space-jockeys,

if you want to READ many answers from Chris Roberts on all kinds of questions answered in his video blog "10 for the Chairman", you might wanna check out the transcripts ... see link above.

Have fun

holy ****, someone spent a LOT of work transcribing these.

That´s what I call dedication, another reason why SC is so great. Tons of fan contributions.

you might want to make that link clickable though..

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/103629/ten-for-the-chairman-transcripts/p1

• jcrg99jcrg99 Member UncommonPosts: 723

Nice job. Very useful. 

Make me wonder in how many languages exactly Star Citizen was promised from the beginning and will be released, and why, despite all this budget, 10 times above the original, not a single addition regarding "languages" were made.

For these guys from CIG that say that cares with minorities, it's odd that they do not add more languages to atract more people from countries that they are not been raising in any relevant manner, obviously because those countries give more value and become more popular only after they are translated. Or maybe that thing about "we care with minorities, publishers don't" was just another marketing speech only. Even because publishers seems to care more, since aare releasing all their games AAA in languages or public that CIG seem do not care. Even Elite: Dangerous with their low budget seem to care more, and obviously, are been smart, because that will lead them to have more popularity.

It seems that for the sake of making this genre more popular and increasing the size of the niche, Frontier is our hero, doing all this "sacrifice" in the name of "minorities" that have potential to grow, with much less money in their pockets.

Maybe you fans, so eagerly trying to support the grow of the Space Sims and particularly of the Star Citizen, could suggest to CIG in that mature forums that they add more languages. I am pretty sure that all that mature community will understand and will support, after all, who would not want to bring more backers and make the game more popular, to make them survive in the long term, right? And obviously, money is far to be any issue here. More than obvious.

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

More languages ? Good idea.

They can do it like in EVE Online and add it at a later date (e.g. French, Russian, German, Chinese), when the SC PU is already up and running. If the translators can check out the TRUE meaning of a word by playing the game, the quality of translation will be much better than a simple word-by-word-translation in advance, without context.

Personally i prefer the english version in all my MMOs, although English is not my native language. Translations into German often sound funny, although they techically have been translated correctly. Usually the german word is too long .. German is a very exact language that tends to use longer words than English.

Translation example:   one of the first titles you get for PvE bounty hunting in SWTOR is  "For Hire". In German this has been translated as "Mietling" = hireling. While technically correct, it does not convey the correct meaning.

I have seen many games that have been published with several languages installed on day 1. And IMHO in most cases the translation was not good. Other games that have been translated at a later stage (e.g. EVE Online) had - in my opinion - better quality w.r.t. translation in other languages.

Have fun