Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen hits 58 million $ in crowdfunding

1234568»

Comments

• jcrg99jcrg99 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Originally posted by Erillion

Ben was answering a question from one of the listeners, NOT making an official statement. He stated that ships sales would be a possibility, but also stated immediately afterwards that there were not many requests from the community to do that.

So ... in game ship sales with out of game money ... NOT an official plan of RSI.

Wrong. There is a plan. He implies that. The plan is to ask the community (in the right time, basically). Now, there is not "too many requests". SEE? Here's the key that you are ignoring. Requests...

All those "millions" that will come after release, or even a few thousands more than the current "whales". I am pretty sure that a lot of them will have "whales" behavior too.

Or even all these 'phantoms' that hold their pockets, but maybe, looking and been ok with the game, willing to "request" that possibility to make their lifes easily.

Can't you see the most obvious of the things? That these "requests" will happen after release in greater scale? Do you really think that all those people, after release, still will be obsessed by marketing? It will really matter for them if it will be called "more pay-to-win" since from their perspective it already is?

Or do you really think that just a couple of hundreds of assiduous fans, crying because came earlier, will prevail over more people that came later? There is an option in their polls to say "oh, here I am voting on this, I am here from day 1, my vote has more weight" 

Heh.

At most you can buy ship upgrades with UE-Credits (and UEC can be bought with real world money up to a very limited degree ... 150.000 ... as one buggy costs  15 k UEC, i expect spaceship prices to be way higher than that .... 

Are you expecting that the prices will be higher? So, CR won't like to bring too many new people after release, then? Stop to believe in fairy tales friend. Possibly they will keep the prices "higher" for a few time (possibly), but its the most of the obvious things that they will drop and drop hard of the today prices, not so long later after this "day 1". They are a business right? Isn't that what you guys repeat to justify the money grabbing now? Why they suddenly would change because you and your fellows, the huge minority, are special snow-flakes that have to do what you want, and they always will ignore the requests that naturally will come. Why? When they know that a simple letter, touching in your heart, solves all the problems, heh. You know. Cheap to write a letter, easy. No reason to make. You just have to put the right words "Oh! Lifes depend on it"... "The game only will continue to grow if we continue with the level of income that we are getting"... "for that, as you can see, ship sales help" and blablabla "and as you can see, scissors and rocks and papers, etc., you know, its not even pay to win... skill and blablalba" heh.

Secret plans? Heh! This is a "secret" only in your mind that loves to believe in fairy tales, or that they would care with who is voting, if its an old or brand new backer.

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

Here is another cool thing from the SC website:

Wanna customize your SC ship with a special, distinctive voice-personality ?

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14239-Fan-Spotlight-Voice-Attack-Profiles

Have fun

• pappacubepappacube Member UncommonPosts: 99
    Originally posted by sgel

I was amazed that they got all that money just from a few thousand (2.8-3.2 iirc) backers.

I was also amazed when I found out only 3.5% of people who have backed the game have actually played it.

played it, totally disappointed so far.  it seems like a mess to me...

"He stated that ships sales would be a possibility, but also stated immediately afterwards that there were not many requests from the community to do that."

Heh! Man... you said that above. How could you ignore what YOU said.

let me rephrase what you said and how that sounds for everyone who read what you wrote above:

"yeah, they are open to sell ships after release, of course, now there are not too much people asking this. But who knows what the future reserves and how many people will request that in the future".

[mod edit]

Or are you assuming that the community always will be just you and your fellow few backers that give opinions in the CIG Forums and never will grow in any relevant manner to lead new people willing to make such requests, so all your wishes will always prevail over the wishes of a majority that will REQUEST things later?

Well... That basically fits with my own thoughts, right? But in the other hand, the game will be basically dead if these new do not come. And you, by yourselves, won't be able to sustain the level of income if things are not offered, just non-expensive cosmetic/irrelevant stuff.

But in case you believe that "millions will come", as you presume, you think that its a unnatural new people coming, in much larger number that you guys will able to compete in terms of "opinions of majority prevailing" and willing to have some better head start than just a weak ship?

And you call that "secret plan"? Conjectures? Can't you see or predict anything in your life based in obvious trends and things that obviously will happen because its the natural thing to happen?

Can't you look to this under a perspective of a "new backer" and the scenario that they will face in the time of the release, or just after that, for just a little second?

Pal. How do you think that people make projects, plans, or whatever project, if not having the analytic tools to predict what is going to come? Business is pure and simple lottery in your logic? And you do not have even to be a skilled business man to see what Ben said implies.

[mod edit]

@pappacube :

Fair enough.

Yes, IMHO it needs a lot of improvement (especially in performance and customizable controls).  What would you like to see improved ?

Please keep in mind that this is still an Alpha Version.

Have you posted your recommendations for improvement in the SC forums already ? They NEED that input because you and me are giving them valuable feedback.

Have fun

Pal. How do you think that people make projects, plans, or whatever project, if not having the analytic tools to predict what is going to come?

Go ahead. Enlighten me. My RL job is project and quality management. I love to learn !

Project and quality management. Meaning IT area? Software development?

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

They've made so much money that they could make greatest game of the millenia and it still couldn't live up to its hype.

Originally posted by jcrg99

Meaning aerospace ;-) , energy and pharma.  Usually also includes IT, but not limited to software development.

Its fine to see spaceships and planetary travel in computer games like SC. It's even better to work on this in RL.

Have fun

Originally posted by kishe

They've made so much money that they could make greatest game of the millenia and it still couldn't live up to its hype.

The problem is ... you can never satisfy EVERYONE. Because people expect different things .. have their OWN personal vision of what SC will be. Some will be disappointed ... that cant be avoided.

And in my experience .... trying to please EVERYONE leads to a bad result in the end.

Have fun

Originally posted by jcrg99

Meaning aerospace ;-) , energy and pharma.  Usually also includes IT, but not limited to software development.

Its fine to see spaceships and planetary travel in computer games like SC. It's even better to work on this in RL.

Have fun

I see. That made some things more clear to me about your thoughts. Thanks to share.

The problem is ... you can never satisfy EVERYONE. Because people expect different things .. have their OWN personal vision of what SC will be. Some will be disappointed ... that cant be avoided.

And in my experience .... trying to please EVERYONE leads to a bad result in the end.

Have fun

But you can avoid the increase of the disappointments. You do not need to risk yourself to a train wreck when you are healthy and fine. THAT INCREASE, to a unsustainable level, with no damage control possible, CAN BE AVOIDED.

What leads to bad results, not just in my experience, not even in yours (I am sure of that now), but in the experience of decades of the game industry is that if you do not prevent the increase and level of disappointments you are doomed, and worst when you focus a lot, a lot...  and a lot again, to increase the chances of more disappointments. 

People overhyped is already a weapon of mass destruction for games.

People overhyped + over-invested + game overpromised/underdelivered + a long long wait where the money was earlier invested and you keep your attention longer and longer ...

man...

that will be epic!

The only surprise that I see here, would be a "medium / long-term" success coming from all that. Then, I would put a CR statue myself here. I and all the world. Because definitely, those that puts him in the level of magician and divinity, definitely would be right. He would be almost like breaking the rules of physical here (an analogy obviously).

:D

Exactly. 

The talking about "you can't make everyone happy" is true. Is so true as the train wreck that it causes when people underestimate this true, in the point to increase the consequences of that to an impossible level to manage.

They barely deal with the couple hundreds of people that are not "phantoms" and stay all their days in the CIG Forums, barely criticizing anything, more like willing to "spread the word", saying good things, in a serious marketing obsession.

And just a dozen angry and that thing usually explodes and they deal in a level of a fiasco with such things. Letting more and more people angry by tactics that goes to the level of Gestapo censure.

Just imagine when all those phantoms that are all keeping away and waiting. When they come. One day they must to come right? Or they don't exist? Just imagine.

If in a dozen of serious fans, show disappointment from time to time, and the thing already explodes from time to time and they show total incapacity to deal with that properly, now imagine those that are not really so "fanatics" and will come with more critical eyes, not so forgiving eyes as that couple of hundreds of passionate fan have.

If just a couple of disappointed people makes all this mess (as these guys claim that are just a minority), imagine when you raise that to thousands.

Again... epic train wreck. No way that it will come to a success. And more and more this people are feeding it more and more to decrease more and more any chance of success. For the sake of what? Getting "BDSSE 10" before BDSSE 1 (and ending, by the majority of others more critical that will "reappear" in the end, delivering BDSSE 1 anyway)?

Heh! Just shooting in their own foot, and too proud to admit. They will persist with the same approach, until destroyed this game forever, probably in no time to those half set of features that will miss in the day 1 to be implemented and released.

And yeah! They won't put the guilty on themselves that motivates and created this huge snow ball effect by their own attitude, of "who cares with who is disappointed".

The guilty will be of the haters.

Not of who made, during a long long time, this huge effort to be hated for more people as possible.

Victims. Poor victims.

And CR again, "frustrated" with the game industry, with the lack of understanding of the haters over his "vision", feeling so sad by having to move again to the Movie Industry with more 80 million dollars in his pocket :D

• WillowFuxxyWillowFuxxy Member Posts: 406

50 million dollars is nothing for a game of this scope.

ESO was 200 milliion and 5 years of dev

This discussion has been closed.