Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Play now

2»

Comments

• PhelimReaghPhelimReagh Member UncommonPosts: 682

The number of skills available in Project Gorgon dwarfs RuneScape's offering. Even in combat, I have so many skill trees to choose from : Fire Magic, Archery, Sword, Shield, Unarmed, Pyschology, something like Chemical Weaponry, and a sh*tload more I haven't gotten to/ discovered yet. I even got new combat abilities to use from raising my Fishing and, I think, my Cooking skill. There are pets, "Battle Golem" companions to aid in combat, and more zaniness.

It's absolutely insane. But ii is also, absolutely, 100% not easy. I find that part of the excitement: I don't know what the hell I'm doing, what's coming up next, and oftentimes what the hell I just did. Choosing which mobs to attack isn't straightforward, and death is not uncommon.

Of course, the game definitely needs a good deal of work tinkering with some stuff here and there, and the art, animations and all that are really just off-the-shelf pre-made stuff. But the depth and breadth of the game is still completely mind-blowing.

Biggest gripe: inventory space. As I said, the number of skills, combat and non-combat alike, makes RS pale in comparison. But there is almost zero bank space (20 slots I've found?), and very little inventory space. I probably wouldn't stick the game out for very long if this doesn't change soon. As it is, I'd play a lot more if half the time playing wasn't figuring out what I should keep and what I should drop/vendor.

• asdarasdar Member UncommonPosts: 662

You've convinced me to give it a try. This sounds like what I've been looking for.

I played two characters to max level in GW2 and I liked it, but the only thing I remember that I thought was better was the way they did underwater combat. I thought GW1 had great combat.

I'm very ok with Tab Target as long as thinking through what you're doing is also a part of it. So many Tab target games end up, 1-2-3-1-1-1 (same number combo for every fight)

Asdar

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by Bladestrom
    God another 'play this game while it's half done' post. Finish a game properly and give gamers the product you are promising and less focus on early profits.

God another 'here is my rock solid uniformed opinion that I can't contain' post. Read up on what you are talking about and realise that they aren't they are delivering on their promise, they aren't asking you for any money, and they aren't focusing on early profits.