Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So I just bought the game and started Playing Tonight

The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Comments

• ArdnutArdnut Member Posts: 188

glad you are enjoying the game. watch out for update 5 coming soon, should make the game even more interesting.

good to see your in no hurry to hit the heights of vet' rank. there's loads to find in the game and can miss places if you are in a hurry. there's no real need to speed through the game and some of the devs must have had fun making jokes out of some of the quests - and the names of the lizard npc's at times.

worth joining a decent guild when you get the chance. some of the smaller guilds are better to join than the larger one's. everyone will get to know you in smaller guilds and most people in the game are helpful as well. which is a good change from some of the other games out there

there are still a couple of small bugs in the game, nothing really game breaking though and they seem to be keen to get rid of them and keep the game updated so far.

take it your on the na server as you used $ so wont run into you ig, but have fun

i look this wrecked because i've got GIST.
    Whats your excuse?
    http://deadmanrambling.com/

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

An update for how your enjoying the game is fine.

But no need for an update on your adventures as it's all the same for everyone, VERY LINER, from left to right, or bottom to top you move across the instanced zones.  When your on the higher end of leveling a zone you can freely bounce around and gather harvesting.

Don't miss out on all the small caves every two levels or so. This is were you will get the better loot making crafting kind of worthless.

• ArdnutArdnut Member Posts: 188

hi del', not sure about crafting being kind of useless. i've been making staffs and armour sets and the glyphs to put in them that is a better than most, if not all, of the gear i've found as loot of the same level. plus with crafted gear you can put the traits on it that you want on it. and soon be able to make stuff with 2 traits which is even more of an advantage.

just wish they'd allow you to craft jewelry, that's 3 slots that you could use to add more to your sets. although using a 3 item set there atm i'd have liked to be able to craft what is in those slots.

i look this wrecked because i've got GIST.
    Whats your excuse?
    http://deadmanrambling.com/

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Afther watching alot of the dev videos I decided it was time to come back. Found the game on Amazon.com for $24 and actually got same day shipping for $6. Ordered the game around 9:30 AM Saturday morning and around 5:30 PM the game was being delivered at my door. Amazon is the best. Anyway I am glad to be back and look forward to the future.

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by Ardnut

hi del', not sure about crafting being kind of useless. i've been making staffs and armour sets and the glyphs to put in them that is a better than most, if not all, of the gear i've found as loot of the same level. plus with crafted gear you can put the traits on it that you want on it. and soon be able to make stuff with 2 traits which is even more of an advantage.

just wish they'd allow you to craft jewelry, that's 3 slots that you could use to add more to your sets. although using a 3 item set there atm i'd have liked to be able to craft what is in those slots.

I think jewelery crafting is coming in a future update.

Also you can upgrade most loot items if you got the tempers through crafting.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Originally posted by blueturtle13

The settings in the options where fairly decent. I wished for a bit more options like adjustable floral levels, grass count, bloom slider (maybe I missed it) I wish I had more options on the Audio side as well. Like bit rate for my higher end sound card and speaker setup.  I am probably just being picky though =p

You can do a bit more in the game's ini.

I.e when i played the beta, i set my view distance up to a level way beyond the option's slider (where max was a value of "100")  to enjoy more of the game's visuals.

• ohioastroohioastro Member UncommonPosts: 534

As a comment, this game has a nice deep crafting system; once you get crafting going, you'll almost always want a crafted set because of the very nice bonuses.  As a tip - if you are interested in crafting try not to load multiple crafts on a character. 

Another tip - if you care about crafting invest a point in research fairly early.  It doubles the speed with which you research traits.  Once you have 2 traits on an item you can craft special set weapons and armor; even the 2 and 3 trait sets are solid.  Once you're a few months in, the 4,  5 and 6 trait sets give you a lot of flexibility in designing your armor choices.

I did well with one character who did provisioning and alchemy (neither needs a lot of points); one who did blacksmith; one with enchanting; one with cloth and wood.  With highsight I'd probably have swapped wood and alchemy.   You actually don't need to level them up much at all to keep the crafting up with the progress of your main; I'd recommend making your main blacksmith if they do heavy armor or cloth if they do medium / light.

Good luck in Tamriel!

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Yeah this game can be a lot of fun.  I'm currently juggling this with SWTOR, Archeage, and a bit of Wildstar. I think I might have burnt myself out on this one a bit with my numerous alts for the time being but I'm glad you enjoy it!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• shassshass Member UncommonPosts: 107
    Wish they could make it more responsive though. Combat can be a pain with the lag issues and I can rarely swap weapon sets unless nothing else is going on. Could not dismount earlier. Didn't seem this laggy before, but for me it is getting in the way of enjoyment now.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Nice to see a new player enjoying it for all the good things it has to offer. It really is a very enjoyable MMO that is getting more robust by the day.

Personally I'm taking a short break from it just because Archeage caught my interest and I normally play just one MMO at a time. But I will definitely be back at some point.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

Good post, thank you.

I've been keeping an eye on this - I played a bit in Beta, it didn't hook me outright. But if I could catch it on sale I would probably give it a go, now that most of the fallout has shaken loose and they appear to still be supporting the game and pushing forward with it.

It's still $60 on Steam right now - that's too much for me, but yeah, if I found it for $15 or less I'd probably at least burn the free 30 days on that.

• grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682

Glad you're enjoying the game!

I burned out at v2. Maybe I'll check it out again after update 5 hits.

Optional PvP = No PvP
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    It seems you might be fairly new to Elder Scrolls games in general so that will be a plus for you with this game.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by rodingo
    It seems you might be fairly new to Elder Scrolls games in general so that will be a plus for you with this game.

Why? I loved Oblivion and I loved Skyrim. For some reason I love ESO. I knew the difference up front between an MMO and a single player game.

There Is Always Hope!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• CallidorCallidor Member Posts: 371
    Originally posted by blueturtle13
    Originally posted by keithian
    Originally posted by rodingo

Why? I loved Oblivion and I loved Skyrim. For some reason I love ESO. I knew the difference up front between an MMO and a single player game.

Agreed. I have been an Elder Scrolls fan for a longtime. DaggerFall being my fav. I knew this would not be Skyrim with an online MMO system attached on top of it and I am glad for that actually. This holds enough of the Elder Scrolls charm but 'feels' (to me anyway) like a completely different game. I did not just want Oblivion with multiplayer. I wanted an MMO set in the universe of Elder Scrolls. That is what I got.

As a slight update:

Last night was fantastic in game! I met a wonderful group of people who took me into their guild and helped me out with some better armor for my Cleric. and even gave me 500 gold to get me on my way a little easier.

Pretty decent sized guild already and all very helpful. the two sisters (in RL apparently) were the most helpful and were longtime Vanguard and EQ2 like myself so it was nice to find myself surrounded by gamers who like the same kind of gaming experience.

Well back to it! Thanks for all the comments! I thought posting I was having fun in the game would turn into a complete flame thread but it has not. I am having fun anyways not trying to convince anyone just perhaps give a fresh perspective from a new player to someone who may be thinking "what is this all about?"

After witnessing the worst the MMO community has to offer in Archeage, Ive been really feeling at home amongst the ESO players. For me the community makes or breaks a game.

• crack_foxcrack_fox Member UncommonPosts: 399
    Originally posted by shass
    Wish they could make it more responsive though. Combat can be a pain with the lag issues and I can rarely swap weapon sets unless nothing else is going on. Could not dismount earlier. Didn't seem this laggy before, but for me it is getting in the way of enjoyment now.

Likewise. I have experienced some pretty severe lag, and with other players reporting the same issues in zone chat I don't think its just my connection to the server that's the problem. Needs to be sorted asap.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    @delete5230, what are you smoking. Zones in eso are not instances lol. They are persistent.

@op, glad you're enjoying it. I loved the journey to 50.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• eindinblocheindinbloch Member Posts: 60
    Originally posted by delete5230

An update for how your enjoying the game is fine.

But no need for an update on your adventures as it's all the same for everyone, VERY LINER, from left to right, or bottom to top you move across the instanced zones.  When your on the higher end of leveling a zone you can freely bounce around and gather harvesting.

Don't miss out on all the small caves every two levels or so. This is were you will get the better loot making crafting kind of worthless.

This is slightly inaccurate... While the quest line is somewhat linear (especially the main quest, as it is with ALL elder scrolls games...), the game feels very open-ended to me.  I play very role-playing-centric in that I talk to every npc (most of them have something interesting and unique to say!), I look at every item (you can pick up almost all weapons and armor you see on the ground, plus they have a plethora of barrels and other things you can loot), I travel to every end of the map (I have a mod that takes out the fully explored map, so you have to look around to find what's out there; this made the game really fun for me).  I would like to see another MMO out there right now (made in the last 10 years) that has this depth of both story and role-playing/open ended playability.  I agree it isn't a full sandbox, but it gets pretty damn close when you play it the way I have been.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by fivoroth
    @delete5230, what are you smoking. Zones in eso are not instances lol. They are persistent.

@op, glad you're enjoying it. I loved the journey to 50.

Actually, the only 'persistent' Zones in the game are in Cyrodiil, the rest are 'instanced' through the megaserver and are created/closed as player numbers increase or decrease and move from zone to zone, it allows the game to feel more 'alive' as it centralises players, so that they are not forced to solo if they don't wish to, because of a lack of players in their area of play.image

• wojtdebwojtdeb Member UncommonPosts: 4
    I just finished afther 6 months, bored not anymore. Il try Dragon Age - Inquisition.