Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Last Castle Fight on Last Day of Alpha

BlackthronBlackthron Member UncommonPosts: 36

PvP videos by Hammer and Sickle guild.

Winter alpha is about to begin! Get hyped with us! 

Tomorrow is the Day!

2 Days

3 Days

4 Days

5 Days

6 Days

Getting ready for the winter alpha test

More videos form summer alpha test:

Last Castle Fight

Castle Fight: H&S vs Vendetta

Castle Fight: H&S vs DOD Alliance

Random Brawl

Massive Fight

Kill Me and Loot My Wolf Mount

For even more videos you can browse my youtube channel.

Also, check out official youtube channel for latest trailers and other cool stuff.

Comments

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

Seems like fun.

And all the naked guys lying around gave me a bad case of UO nostalgia. image

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• BlackthronBlackthron Member UncommonPosts: 36

Yeah, mb it doesn't look very fun, but the feels... its awesome to be a part of a good fight. You know you can die in any moment and lose all your stuff... gives you some kind of adrenalin rush when you are close to death :)

here are some other cool fights:

Hammer and Sickle vs DOD Alliance

Random Fight on 9th of Oct

Random Fight on 11th of Oct

p.s. sorry for my grammar :)

For alpha test, yes. Any group 10+ was called a zerg :) 
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Originally posted by DMKano

So 40 players is now called a massive fight?

Hmm.

Edit:  just watched the videos and realized this is open world and not conquest battles.  Will leave the post because I still like the way they have set up territory.

For this game, yes, it is part of the design plan I believe. 

For example, when you decide to attack another player group's holdings there are a limited amount of participants on each side making the combat more balanced and zerg free.

This works in a few ways that I like:  

A guild of "less hardcore" players can still hold land but will have a harder time defending it because their "best" PvPers are not likely to all be online 24/7.

Zerg guilds can not win just with numbers

The combat will be more balanced similar to an arena system.

The really good PvPers who are likely to be doing the attacking and defending will truly become well known since you will see them repeatedly defending their guilds holdings or attacking.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

Attacking/Defending Guild Claim - Limited to 5v5

Attacking/Defending Guild Owned City - Limited to 20v20

Attacking/Defending Castle - Bring us much as you want

World PvP - Bring us much as you want

There is a game mechanic that allows you to hire mercs for Claim and City fights.

• RudedawgCDNRudedawgCDN Member UncommonPosts: 507

I noticed as you are riding around on your wolf - there was no one who tried to charge you or stun you.

Are there no abilities in the game to knock you off a mount?

Certain amount of (any) damage will kick you off the mount. There is a special  blue "healthbar" ,  you can see it when you are mounted.
  • vadio123vadio123 Member UncommonPosts: 593
    Cool game to small groups 
  • dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Originally posted by DMKano

So 40 players is now called a massive fight?

Hmm.

This is a hopeless debate.  Make the fights large and players complain it's a zerg and there's no individual skill involved.  Make the fights smaller and players complain it's not massive.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Can you turn off the overhead player and guild names?  It's very distracting.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

Yes, names, guilds, healthbars,  everything is customisable. 
  • Korn42Korn42 Member UncommonPosts: 53
    Originally posted by Blackthron

There is a game mechanic that allows you to hire mercs for Claim and City fights.

There will also be arena fights eventually, though there is no set date for this yet. 

Originally posted by Korn42

There will also be arena fights eventually, though there is no set date for this yet. 

Glad to hear that! Good news indeed :)

By the way.. Only 4 days left!!  -> http://youtu.be/o_8eKd6LNls

In general, if you want to know about upcoming features, check out the 6 months development roadmap. Around half of those features will be implemented for the next alpha test, starting 26th January. 
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536

Sounds like a solid system.  Gives something for everyone to work towards, well thought out.

Combat still seems fairly primitive, almost like diablo 1, and I noticed people shooting each other through doors and what not.  Hopefully that is just an alpha thing they are working on.

Guys! Only 3 days left!!

3 Kills Until Winter Alpha -> http://youtu.be/w1d0zxDbO5g

Oh God! Only 2 days!! Can't wait :(

2 Kills Until Winter Alpha -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96fWbKIVkG0

• ionxeelionxeel Member UncommonPosts: 318

I'm also very excited about upcoming alpha. Didn't get a chance to try the game yet myself, but watched tons of youtube videos, and it looks very promising.

Originally posted by ionxeel

I'm also very excited about upcoming alpha. Didn't get a chance to try the game yet myself, but watched tons of youtube videos, and it looks very promising.

Game is really good. But I would like to give advice to all newcomers: find a guild, you will progress faster than solo. 

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Looks like an ant sim.
  • F0URTWENTYF0URTWENTY Member UncommonPosts: 349

Game doesn't look very good at all to me and I play sandbox games like darkfall, mortal online, and eve. The combat looks really simple and low skill ceiling, and that castle fight looked really silly to me. Group pvp skill seems to be based around focus firing and crowd control. 

Must be mostly based around what gear you have on, and not player skill. Can't imagine castle sieges like that ever being very fun at all. Should be active blocking, movement abilities, reactive skills ect and I'm not really seeing anything like that at all.

Seems like even lower skill ceiling than eve online... doesn't make sense to have a sandbox full loot game based around gear and focus firing alone.

Originally posted by Sketch420

Game doesn't look very good at all to me and I play sandbox games like darkfall, mortal online, and eve. The combat looks really simple and low skill ceiling, and that castle fight looked really silly to me. Group pvp skill seems to be based around focus firing and crowd control. 

Must be mostly based around what gear you have on, and not player skill. Can't imagine castle sieges like that ever being very fun at all. Should be active blocking, movement abilities, reactive skills ect and I'm not really seeing anything like that at all.

Seems like even lower skill ceiling than eve online... doesn't make sense to have a sandbox full loot game based around gear and focus firing alone.

We (the devs) agree. Combat in the last alpha test was largely a placeholder and will be continously improved, striking a good balance between intuition and skill. There is already significant changes for the next alpha test starting tomorrow.

Tomorrow is the Day!

And you better be prepared! Never know where and when you can meet Hammer and Sickle!