Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm having fun again!

IkifalesIkifales Member UncommonPosts: 305

While I have to admit that I always come back to this game even though I have canceled more times than I can count since the vanilla days until now... I can honestly say that I am having a lot of fun for the first time in a long time.

For starters I am stubborn and refuse to quit playing the class I love because it gets owned by almost every other class, so I have been limping along ... My Combat Rogue is a bad @rse again, for the first time since WoTLK. And my 2H Frost DK is awesome again...now to hope the nerf bat does not hit too hard.

Anyways I am happy with the last update and it makes me hopeful for WOD.

Comments

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517

If you said you had a Feral Druid you would've had the 3 best classes in the game atm lol.

Rogues are going to be one of the best classes in the game at the start, they don't have to redirect anymore, combo points are always up on any target you switch to.

And every melee class in the game got a buff which was needed in PvE, though it still has to be balanced for PvP a bit better.

Glad you're enjoying the game though, I'm waiting for the xpac to release before resubbing, I've done everything possible in MoP so there's no point in me spending more money for it. :P

When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • IkifalesIkifales Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Originally posted by OhhPaigey

If you said you had a Feral Druid you would've had the 3 best classes in the game atm lol.

Rogues are going to be one of the best classes in the game at the start, they don't have to redirect anymore, combo points are always up on any target you switch to.

And every melee class in the game got a buff which was needed in PvE, though it still has to be balanced for PvP a bit better.

Glad you're enjoying the game though, I'm waiting for the xpac to release before resubbing, I've done everything possible in MoP so there's no point in me spending more money for it. :P

Druid is the next class I want to level... I have a 90 Warrior but there has always been something missing with warrior at 90 for me. It was fun to level, but at 90 the rotation doesn't keep my attention.

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    LOL, well the honeymoon will be short... they are already in full nerf bat swing mode and they have a month to swing before the expansion officially goes live.  Remember also, the class that is OP at the beginning of the expansion is always the weakest at the end of the expansion.  Tradition.
    Originally posted by Pepeq
    LOL, well the honeymoon will be short... they are already in full nerf bat swing mode and they have a month to swing before the expansion officially goes live.  Remember also, the class that is OP at the beginning of the expansion is always the weakest at the end of the expansion.  Tradition.

Where do you see that? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/16370024/602-hotfixes-october-17-10-17-2014 I see across the board buffs.

There's not much to swing a month before the expansion goes live, level 100 gameplay has already been thoroughly balanced, though there will be changes, the specific buffs and nerfs you see before the xpac is only so that current level 90 gameplay is as fair as possible.

Also, Locks were broken the entire expansion, http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/ notice the beautiful purple bar 15%+ higher than every other class for the entire tier (for over 1 year of patches). And you will continue seeing the trend as you go backwards in the tiers of MoP.

That's what I am worried about, but Combat Rogue is not so bad that they should need to do to much, it's just does not hit like a wet noodle anymore. I am sure someone will cry because they lost 1v1 to a rogue and blizz will swoop down and wipe away their tears.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

I just re-subbed (last played a year ago) ready for next month so I can get back into the grove, even though the pre-expac content in 6.0 was short, only about 1 hour content I do now have the urge to play some more.  

Took me a good hour to figure out the classability changes, reduced my 3 bars of often used abilities down to 1 and half which is quite nice actually.

I am a little confused as to where Garrosh has gone, sure he's in outland but there is no mention in game (to what I have found) that are discussing where he is, surely he's escaped else the Iron horde would not be attacking?!?!

The visual improvements and general quality of life changes are all welcome.

Originally posted by Gregor999
    TL;DR WoW is fun when my class is overpowered.

LOL NO.

I have been faithful to my class since vanilla....and if you play combat rogue you would know that we have been nerfed to the ground since cataclysm....It's to early for me to tell if we are actually OP or not, because a lot of other classes are buffed as well.

• Varex12Varex12 Member CommonPosts: 357
    I re-subbed about a month ago and am enjoying myself quite a bit.  Two-handed Frost DK is very fun to play.  

Where do you see that? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/16370024/602-hotfixes-october-17-10-17-2014 I see across the board buffs.

There's not much to swing a month before the expansion goes live, level 100 gameplay has already been thoroughly balanced, though there will be changes, the specific buffs and nerfs you see before the xpac is only so that current level 90 gameplay is as fair as possible.

Also, Locks were broken the entire expansion, http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/ notice the beautiful purple bar 15%+ higher than every other class for the entire tier (for over 1 year of patches). And you will continue seeing the trend as you go backwards in the tiers of MoP.

You are right, I do have to keep in mind that this is level 90 gameplay.

I hope at 100 things are balanced in live gameplay, but that is a wait and see thing. Many times things look good on the test server but in reality it does not work out so well on live.

I don't want to be OP but I am sick of being nerfed down to death as well.

• Gregor999Gregor999 Member Posts: 86
    Originally posted by dumpcat

LOL NO.

I have been faithful to my class since vanilla....and if you play combat rogue you would know that we have been nerfed to the ground since cataclysm....It's to early for me to tell if we are actually OP or not, because a lot of other classes are buffed as well.

Who said you weren't faithful. You said "this is the most fun I'm having in a very long time." Well this is the first time Combat has raped since vanilla and 2H Frost hasn't been good since WoTLK.

Aka, Wow is fun when my class is overpowered.

Originally posted by dumpcat

LOL NO.

Who said you weren't faithful. You said "this is the most fun I'm having in a very long time." Well this is the first time Combat has raped since vanilla and 2H Frost hasn't been good since WoTLK.

Aka, Wow is fun when my class is overpowered.

I said "a lot of fun", not "fun" as in the only time I have fun.

Combat is buffed for sure, but a lot of classes are buffed, it is not OP in comparison to all the buffed classes.

So no, not only when my class is OP. I still lose, just not as much, and winning is fun after all....

• lizutek91lizutek91 Member UncommonPosts: 4

Good to now. I was looking for a reason to get back after leaving it a few years ago. Vanilla was my favourite but now I am not sureif itwont be dead by now without all of those expansions. Gonna give it a try at least for a trial. For the horde!

Originally posted by lizutek91

Good to now. I was looking for a reason to get back after leaving it a few years ago. Vanilla was my favourite but now I am not sureif itwont be dead by now without all of those expansions. Gonna give it a try at least for a trial. For the horde!

Vanilla will always be my favorite, but I have hope for the game still. I hope that someday we will have open world PvP like back in the day, but I am not counting on it.

It's still quite common on PvP realms, maybe not huge fights, but you can find 5+ pretty easily when you want, going to BC zones and controlling the towers usually gets some fights.

I've had countless fights in Timeless Isle too, but it usually ends in like 8 people ganking me lol.

It's still quite common on PvP realms, maybe not huge fights, but you can find 5+ pretty easily when you want, going to BC zones and controlling the towers usually gets some fights.

I've had countless fights in Timeless Isle too, but it usually ends in like 8 people ganking me lol.

Yeah I only play on PvP realms. It's there but not like back in the day.

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    try a rp-pvp server in my experience they're very into wpvp.. i joined one just for that reason and it's been pretty much a daily thing

I had fun once, it was terrible.

Originally posted by hallucigenocide
    try a rp-pvp server in my experience they're very into wpvp.. i joined one just for that reason and it's been pretty much a daily thing

I reserved my names on Emerald Dream because that RP-PvP server is west coast time zone if I am not mistaken and I am west coast. But, I am not re-rolling there so I have put off moving because I don't feel like spending the money yet...

We do have one of the biggest names in world PvP on my server...or they were on my server not sure anymore...even though the fame is mostly infamy lol... Ruinous.

They used to be a lot more active, I loved having them as an enemy because they were good at stirring the pot with their zerges and getting a lot of horde pissed off enough to engage them.

• redcoreredcore Member UncommonPosts: 108

i play priest (holy and disco) and i have to say that ...hmm..can't even explain that but healing is interesting again. i am actually active! it's not just aoe heal spam...i am sure you know what i mean. only arms warrior rotation is kinda weird.

but in general... i like it!

Originally posted by redcore

i play priest (holy and disco) and i have to say that ...hmm..can't even explain that but healing is interesting again. i am actually active! it's not just aoe heal spam...i am sure you know what i mean. only arms warrior rotation is kinda weird.

but in general... i like it!

Yeah my Warrior is Arms...not sure about it. I am going to switch to Fury to see how that feels...I used to love Fury as far as the fun factor goes.