Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Opinion of who worked for CIG and its not under they paycheck anymore

jcrg99jcrg99 Member UncommonPosts: 723

It's legit, so here's the proof:

https://www.facebook.com/CommunityWerkz?fref=ts

Dan Tracy shared a post about Jobs on CIG. Elijah shared and made the following comment:

Low pay, no moving allowance, 70-80 normal working hours a week, and the strong possibility of being fired once the game ships in ten years. Get your job while you can, they're going like hot cakes!!

And in the comments, Michael Morlan added, followed by a reply from Elijah:

Michael Morlan And the most toxic work environment I've ever encountered in my 52 years on this planet.

Elijah McNeal Yeah, it's unfortunate seeing as so many good guys do work there. A lot of them have developed stockholm syndrome sadly...at this point they'll defend any action by the company against any criticism. Whether it be threats from upper management for even making suggestions on how to improve the pipeline or being inquisitive about someone's expensive habit.

Comments

• JonBonJawaJonBonJawa Member UncommonPosts: 489

oh pleeeease,  very professional, trolling a former employer publically on the internet... THAT will sure get them another job in the industry. NOT.

The SC community knows the reasons they got fired, won´t mention them here because their private problems should remain private.

oh well just googled this one guys name so he says working at CIG was his first real job  "after coming out of college"

so hey first job out of college and he screws up, then bashes his former employer on Twitter?.. lol. Well with that attitude and behaviour, it was his last job anyway.  Guess he thought "da game industry" hands out fat paychecks to college graduates.. because: crowdfundung!

Lol.

You really need to come up with something better than that for your little SC hate crusade. Keep trying. Keep looking, you can do it.

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821
    Originally posted by jcrg99

Dan Tracy shared a post about Jobs on CIG. Elijah shared and made the following comment:

Low pay, no moving allowance, 70-80 normal working hours a week, and the strong possibility of being fired once the game ships in ten years. Get your job while you can, they're going like hot cakes!! - This pretty much describes the entire Video Game Industry.

Michael Morlan And the most toxic work environment I've ever encountered in my 52 years on this planet. - I'm sure it was since he's never worked in the Video Games Industry before CIG.

Elijah McNeal Yeah, it's unfortunate seeing as so many good guys do work there. A lot of them have developed stockholm syndrome sadly...at this point they'll defend any action by the company against any criticism. Whether it be threats from upper management for even making suggestions on how to improve the pipeline or being inquisitive about someone's expensive habit. - First job straight out of college with no prior knowledge of how the industry works. This is why most developers find other careers after the first couple of projects they work on.

All you've shown here is CIG is your typical Games Industry Developer in the way they do things. I'm not saying it's right but it is par for the course.

On another note... You've shown a genuine hatred for all things CIG and for Chris Roberts in particular. Why? You have the dubious distinction of being the only person CIG has ever had to perma-ban from their forums. You've also trolled anywhere CIG or Star Citizen has even been mentioned in passing on Forums, Article Comments and anywhere else you can find a box to stand on. You reach so far to find fault as to even make things up that are so ludicrous even other Trolls distance themselves from you. Did Chris Roberts kill your kitten or something? Run over your dog? Your hatred for all things CIG goes way beyond simple Trolling into actual neurotic behavior.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• Varex12Varex12 Member CommonPosts: 357
    Originally posted by MoreOfTheSame

oh pleeeease,  very professional, trolling a former employer publically on the internet... THAT will sure get them another job in the industry. NOT.

The SC community knows the reasons they got fired, won´t mention them here because their private problems should remain private.

oh well just googled this one guys name so he says working at CIG was his first real job  "after coming out of college"

so hey first job out of college and he screws up, then bashes his former employer on Twitter?.. lol. Well with that attitude and behaviour, it was his last job anyway.  Guess he thought "da game industry" hands out fat paychecks to college graduates.. because: crowdfundung!

Lol.

You really need to come up with something better than that for your little SC hate crusade. Keep trying. Keep looking, you can do it.

Wow, you've got this former employee all figured out.  You must know him personally.  Otherwise, I'd be tempted to say that you are getting extremely bent out of shape over a bit of negative press about CIG.

You jumped on this topic like you already had it all figured out.  All because somebody said somehing mean about a game that you like.  

You must have invested a lot of money into ships, huh?

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Originally posted by jcrg99

Low pay, no moving allowance, 70-80 normal working hours a week, and the strong possibility of being fired once the game ships in ten years. Get your job while you can, they're going like hot cakes!!

Michael Morlan And the most toxic work environment I've ever encountered in my 52 years on this planet.

Elijah McNeal Yeah, it's unfortunate seeing as so many good guys do work there. A lot of them have developed stockholm syndrome sadly...at this point they'll defend any action by the company against any criticism. Whether it be threats from upper management for even making suggestions on how to improve the pipeline or being inquisitive about someone's expensive habit.

You see, my problem with you OP, is that you want to take these very specific, surgical slices, and take them at face value for the larger whole.

I don't know how much they are paid but I assume the employees knew what they were going to be paid and agreed to the terms. That's the problem with some people, they think "jobs" are like "grade school or high school" in that you just show up because that's what you are supposed to do. You don't have to take or stay at a job with low pay. And if you do have to take the job then might I assume that there are no other jobs out there? In which case then "low pay" is MUCH better than "no pay".

70 - 80 hours per week is, sadly, normal for start-up companies. Nothing new here. See the above "you don't have to take the job if you don't want to". And being laid off after the game ships? Isn't that par for the course?

I currently work at the best company that I have ever worked for. I could go on and on on how great the people are and how well the company treats us. Having said that, I befriended a (now) ex-employee who hated the company and couldn't wait to get out. Which leads me to ..

at this point they'll defend any action by the company against any criticism. Whether it be threats from upper management for even making suggestions on how to improve the pipeline or being inquisitive about someone's expensive habit.

That same ex-employee also had ideas on making things better. The problem was, that, though her ideas were great they weren't in line with how the company saw itself or its departments. And sometimes her suggestions boiled down to "I'm right, your wrong" when clearly they were different ways of going about solving different ideas of what the end results were.

you see, she was just in the wrong company for what she wanted. She was young and felt that she could just say what she wanted and because she thought she was right then everyone would follow at the snap of their fingers.

soooo ... are these suggestions really better to improve their pipeline or are they the ideas of several people who haven't really taken into account the greater whole? What are these threats from upper management? Are they "threatening" because employees aren't doing their work, aren't being efficient, wasting time, goofing off? Are they really threats or are they just being "blown up" by disgruntled employees?

And, if in truth as another poster indicated, you were permanently banned from their forums, then you have essentially shown your quality as you can't move on and feel the need to somehow sabotage this company/game because you feel slighted.

This is not to say that they aren't the worst company in the world and it's a living hell working there. But as I have learned over the years, there really can be two sides (or more) to every story and just because someone makes a statement doesn't mean that when seen in the light of other facts, it is entirely true or tells the whole story.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
This discussion has been closed.