Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A piece of advice on AA

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by goth1c
    Bots are always prejudicial to any game. Just a question does Korean AA have this bot/hacking issue? if they dont why this one doesnt either? or if they do why they didnt fix it yet? i wouldnt play a game were a company take this long to fix a serious issue like this... it alredy predicts teh future is gona be bad...

Yes, Korea has hackers too. The cycle goes like this: hack > detect and stamp-out hack >new hack > detect and stamp-out hack > new hack.... for as long as there is interest in the game...

You can go to certain web sites today and get hacks for WOW. It's been what, 10 years since WOW released?

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Originally posted by Iselin
    Originally posted by ohioastro

Everything has context. You can ignore the context if you wish but that just creates a false sense of uniqueness. Hackers hack all MMOs - that's the context.

If you keep that in mind, you'll see AA hacking for what it is: the latest most talked about MMO (as was Wildstar before it and ESO before that and FF before that) is once again being trashed at MMORPG.COM by all the hysterical chicken littles.

You've bee here long enough that you should know better than get caught up on all the hype and anti-hype with their overblown rhetoric.

Trashing on the basis of security holes exploited by hackers is as routine as it comes for MMO bashing. The developers -- and in this case also the publisher who has never written a line of code -- are portrayed as incompetent fools that can't code worth a shit since it's their fault and not the hacker's cleverness that the game is hacked... or so the same old story goes.

I'm not about to "defend" or "white knight" or any other fanboi related term the hysterical bashers like to use to try to dismiss those who like me, make fun of the idiocy and hysteria inherent in using the same crap that gets thrown at every MMO once again but wanting us all to put blinders on and pretend that this time it's really, really bad.

Sorry but my tolerance for forum bullshit is not very high. Hackers hacking another MMO...  again.... that's all this is.

Should I pretend that I don't know about those very popular hacker sites with all the forum sections dedicated to any and all MMO that more than 100K people play? Should I do this just to indulge your desire to carve out AA hacking as specially bad and unique? Don't make me laugh.

No, just no.

Archage has land in limited quantities. Hacking leads to people who cheat having a permanent edge over those who don't.  Other games aren't designed this way and they aren't impacted in the same way.

The combination of limited resources and having them go to people who cheat or people who were just in the right place at the right time is lethal for a game.  It's one thing to have to slog it out awhile in game for something. It's something entirely different to have to do so because botters have programs to snap up the free land, and because a badly designed system was completely taken up within days of launch.  (Lectures about why you "don't need" land cut no ice with me; if I start any other game I don't face the prospect of not being able to use core game features.)

I think that the limited land is fatal to this game in another, deeper way: the "haves" in the game have a real-world economic stake in the status quo.  If you have things in game that are worth a lot, you really don't want to see rules changes that help people who are disadvantaged deeply by them.

I think that the entrenched player interests in this game are going to be incredibly destructive and will be a huge barrier to fixing deep design flaws - such as making it basically pointless for new players to join an existing game.

In other MMOs the hacks are all about getting whatever the advantage is there. Land claiming hacks are unique to...well, games that have land claiming. such as this one. 

The low-life hacker plague is in every MMO. The specifics might be different but the goal is always the same: get an unfair advantage in whatever it's worth having an advantage on.

If you want to claim that AA is inherently flawed because of the limited land ownership that's a different discussion that has nothing to do with hacking. Take that away from this game and there would still be a lot of  hacking simply because low-lifes are attracted to the shiny new MMO just like honest players are.

The latest and most talked about hacking crisis = the latest most talked about MMO... period.

The "inherent" flaw in AA is that the competitive nature of its world (in this case, competing for land) makes hacks even worse.

Hacks in a non-competitive game where all you do is PvE:  Who cares.

Hacks in a semi-competitive game where you sometimes PvP over things for rewards:  Much worse.

Hacks in a game where people can actually deprive you of game features, such as a limited land system where every piece of land ninja'd by a hacking program is a land plot that another player isn't getting:  RUH-ROH.

Originally posted by TiamatRoar

The "inherent" flaw in AA is that the competitive nature of its world (in this case, competing for land) makes hacks even worse.

Hacks in a non-competitive game where all you do is PvE:  Who cares.

Hacks in a semi-competitive game where you sometimes PvP over things for rewards:  Much worse.

Hacks in a game where people can actually deprive you of game features, such as a limited land system where every piece of land ninja'd by a hacking program is a land plot that another player isn't getting:  RUH-ROH.

Sorry but you're just focusing on your priorities and what's important to you. Some people do care very much about PVE, especially raiding and are ultra competitive to get world firsts. Do you think those don't also get hacked?

And PVP teleport, invisibility and flying hacks are to be found in any game that features PVP. Here's an article about an infamous 2012 WOW mass killing hack as well as a hack for clearing the End Time dungeon in <3 minutes: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-10-08-hackers-massacre-thousands-instantly-in-world-of-warcraft. You think WOW players would buy the argument that it's not as bad for them?

And even in Archeage, land is not and end goal, it's just one of the means to the same end: best gear in slot. This game is heavily influenced by gear. You get that by crafting or buying crafted items. If you're buying, anything that gets you gold quickly, such as the teleport with trade pack hack or dupes, are just as good as any land-grab hack for the ultimate goal of being the best geared and therefore  the most powerful.

I'm a competitive guy too but I'm realistic. I know I will never beat the cheaters so I ignore them and get my satisfaction not from being #1 (who usually is a hacker) but just from being good without hacks.

They're everywhere. You either don't play any multiplayer game or you just learn to play around it. Report them by all means but don't be surprised if new cheaters with new hacks just come in and replace the banned players.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

All games have their share of hackers and abusable exploits, the problem comes from the fact that this game nearly managed to create vacancies for all types of hacks and exploits.

From Lua sniping the auction house and housing plots, to speed/teleport hacks, all the way down to simple botting.

From what I've gathered there was no forethought put into the security of a game in which you spend all of your time grinding and farming, something that some might say is the reason why most hacks/exploits/bot-scripts exist. Which if you ask me is simply pathetic.

The worst part is that this was posted 9 days ago on reddit:

I do appreciate that people are pointing this out. Seriously. The amount of effort going into finding a way to deduce when/if/what outside of the game is being used is rather extreme. What's legit vs what isn't is frequently extremely challenging to tell, even when you have total control of the code. Unlike in the case where its our own game, where we can (and do) add new instrumentation/logging/detection daily until problems get stomped with prejudice, we're limited here in only being able to act on what the game throws off as outputs to us. We can't add new ones. That said, this one is the next biggest priority. New theory being worked on right now, will holler if it pans out and we can act on it with confidence.

What you're ultimately looking at is Maplestory tier security, Maplestory tier grinding, all with the joy of an open PK system.

As I've been saying since the Korean beta, everything about the game is simply lazy.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by grimal
    Originally posted by DMKano

Ah Grimal - come now, 

Ok here's how - there's this thing called YouTube - there are videos there that anyone can watch (yes even people who don't play Wildstar).

Now I don't play WS - true - however finding teleport hacks on youtube is trivial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrC0Y07p6WU

and another one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFIpHJqrgKY

Check out this ESO bot train:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6wBfQbTUWA

I don't understand the point you are trying to make.  Archeage has been out for years in KR and correct me if I'm wrong, it is still experiencing a severe bot/hacking issue.

ESO and Wildstar have not been out for years.

So is the basis of your defense that because Archeage is "new" (which it is not) that it has bots just like any other new release?  If so, why are they still prevalent in the KR version?  Why haven't they moved on to the newer games over there (using your logic)?

The part that you seem to be ignoring is that it's not old hacks - it's hacks specifically made for this localization that were just released and went on sale at hacker sites in the past few weeks. So in that sense, yes, this AA is brand new. Hacks get detected and stamped out and then the hackers come up with new ways. It's never ending cycle that is just more apparent in the games hackers give enough of a shit about to continue hacking,,, there's not a lot of demand for EQ hacking these days :)

The question lies with how well XLGames is up to the task.  I recall APB having massive hacks as well.  Reloaded Gaming (or w/e they're called now) made challenger remarks in their community moderator posts essentially daring hackers to hack.  The result?  APB became a hack infested game that although had great potential, killed it by not being up to the task. I've heard the latest system has stemmed, but it's still happening. 

Hell, one of the most hacked games is WarZ.  It maintains a small crowd, but the amount of hacking is not solely based on the newness of the game; you have to ask yourself  "are the developers doing enough?"  I left APB because Reloaded wasn't.  And I was one of the few that actually liked the game.

And finally, these games dont have to deal with the extra barrier of merely being the publisher with no access to the code.  How will they be able to act fast when their past history indicates otherwise.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

I got to page 2 on this thread. Every time I see the standard canned defense "All MMOS have that problem" All I can think of is...

".........But Daddy, Joey's doing it too.........."

Seriously, what does it mean for ArcheAge, that Other MMOs were once infested with bots (At launch)? Did the OP post about the Bot problem in Other MMOs? So then, let's compare. What are the differences in Game Mechanics and game design where these issues may be different or where they may be the same? What is the difference in the overall impact that hacking had in other MMOs? vs the overall impact it's having in AA now. Does the fact that ESO had bots that make the AA experience any better?

Just because someone else hacked or botted other MMOs doesn't mean we can ignore it in another. The same problem that is seen as an issue or problem in one game can be very game breaking in a different one.

So without any kind of facts or true comparison of any kind of real information we can simply dismiss an issue in one game simply because other games had similar issues without even considering the scale or magnitude of both the issue itself and the effect it has on the game. Or is it more likely that someone just didn't want to hear about this issue comming to light again and needed a reason to try to shut the OP up?

TLDR: Issues in one game need to be evaluated based on THAT game, not others.

You know that tree you're looking at? It's in a forest.

So, then let's take a walk and get a closer look, shall we? Otherwise it's still not OK to say that it's fine that one particular tree is sick just because the whole forest is. 

Everything has context. You can ignore the context if you wish but that just creates a false sense of uniqueness. Hackers hack all MMOs - that's the context.

If you keep that in mind, you'll see AA hacking for what it is: the latest most talked about MMO (as was Wildstar before it and ESO before that and FF before that) is once again being trashed at MMORPG.COM by all the hysterical chicken littles.

You've bee here long enough that you should know better than get caught up on all the hype and anti-hype with their overblown rhetoric.

Trashing on the basis of security holes exploited by hackers is as routine as it comes for MMO bashing. The developers -- and in this case also the publisher who has never written a line of code -- are portrayed as incompetent fools that can't code worth a shit since it's their fault and not the hacker's cleverness that the game is hacked... or so the same old story goes.

I'm not about to "defend" or "white knight" or any other fanboi related term the hysterical bashers like to use to try to dismiss those who like me, make fun of the idiocy and hysteria inherent in using the same crap that gets thrown at every MMO once again but wanting us all to put blinders on and pretend that this time it's really, really bad.

Sorry but my tolerance for forum bullshit is not very high. Hackers hacking another MMO...  again.... that's all this is.

Should I pretend that I don't know about those very popular hacker sites with all the forum sections dedicated to any and all MMO that more than 100K people play? Should I do this just to indulge your desire to carve out AA hacking as specially bad and unique? Don't make me laugh.

Do you even understand what the context of your use of the term "context" actually means? You have it backwards. AA is a different game. It works and play s differently and so the cheaters have a different impact on the game. Trying to lump AA in with all the other MMOs is what is actually out of context.

Bots are always prejudicial to any game. Just a question does Korean AA have this bot/hacking issue? if they dont why this one doesnt either? or if they do why they didnt fix it yet? i wouldnt play a game were a company take this long to fix a serious issue like this... it alredy predicts teh future is gona be bad...

Yes, Korea has hackers too. The cycle goes like this: hack > detect and stamp-out hack >new hack > detect and stamp-out hack > new hack.... for as long as there is interest in the game...

You can go to certain web sites today and get hacks for WOW. It's been what, 10 years since WOW released?

This is EXACTLY what I was responding to in my previous post and why I said you don't understand how you were mis-using the term "out of context".

Stating that Wow has been hacked for 10 years has NOTHING to do with AA. That is what is out of context. The context is how cheaters are impacting the players in ArcheAge. Not WoW.

A "contex" is a type of framework that you use tolook at something so that you can see it from different views and angles without losing the integrity of what you are looking at.

If All MMOs is your context, for looking at cheating, then AA is not a good fit in that context since the game is inherently different in terms of  player objectives and game mechanics.

• SourajitSourajit Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Originally posted by fivoroth

To those that are thinking of playing, don't.

There are a lot of subjective things a person can say about a game. I am not going to say, don't play this game because I don't like mechanic A, feature B etc. because all that would be subjective and my personal opinion.

However, this game is full of hackers. There are hacks for almost everything - instant trade runs, land grabbing hacks, radar/map hacks where you can instantly find thunderstruck trees out in the wild and chop them down etc.

ALl this hacking makes all your efforts worthless. People making 3-4k gold in a weekend from hacking, while I see people in my guild spend weeks to farm up to be able to afford a simple farm cart. People then being unbanned and being left with their gold. Then Trion decides to ANNOUNCE that they are going to reban those people who probably transferred all that gold to some other account.

IF anyone tells you that the hacking situation is fine, they are just lying. The way this game's code is written makes it easily hackable. Too much client side.

So if you want to spend hundreds of hours grinding gold while people hack their ass off, then I guess AA might be for you after all.

Must be hacking.

Sometimes I find people willing to buy thunderstruck - tree for very high amount of in-game gold.

Also, I find someone selling 4 of them.

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

" Don't listen to anyone who tells you that you can't play this or that. That's nonsense. Make up your mind,and you'll never whine or repent about gaming hours anymore, then have a go at every Game. Open up the Internet, join in all the Mmorpgs you can. Go make the Guild. But never, never let them persuade you that things are too difficult or impossible. "

Once An Addict Always An Addict .

I got to page 2 on this thread. Every time I see the standard canned defense "All MMOS have that problem" All I can think of is...

".........But Daddy, Joey's doing it too.........."

Seriously, what does it mean for ArcheAge, that Other MMOs were once infested with bots (At launch)? Did the OP post about the Bot problem in Other MMOs? So then, let's compare. What are the differences in Game Mechanics and game design where these issues may be different or where they may be the same? What is the difference in the overall impact that hacking had in other MMOs? vs the overall impact it's having in AA now. Does the fact that ESO had bots that make the AA experience any better?

Just because someone else hacked or botted other MMOs doesn't mean we can ignore it in another. The same problem that is seen as an issue or problem in one game can be very game breaking in a different one.

So without any kind of facts or true comparison of any kind of real information we can simply dismiss an issue in one game simply because other games had similar issues without even considering the scale or magnitude of both the issue itself and the effect it has on the game. Or is it more likely that someone just didn't want to hear about this issue comming to light again and needed a reason to try to shut the OP up?

TLDR: Issues in one game need to be evaluated based on THAT game, not others.

You know that tree you're looking at? It's in a forest.

So, then let's take a walk and get a closer look, shall we? Otherwise it's still not OK to say that it's fine that one particular tree is sick just because the whole forest is. 

Do you even understand what the context of your use of the term "context" actually means? You have it backwards. AA is a different game. It works and play s differently and so the cheaters have a different impact on the game. Trying to lump AA in with all the other MMOs is what is actually out of context.

Lol. Every MMO is "different." You're just choosing to emphasize the AA difference because it's convenient for your purpose of singling it out for criticism,

I understand perfectly well what context means and I also understand very well how you're trying to exaggerate AA's uniqueness because that fits better with your agenda to bash it. Same old shit, I've seen you do tor every game you currently dislike, do not play and want to bash. If you want to bash AA's uniqueness, bash labor points. That's about the onlytruly different thing here.

Do you even like MMOs? I don't think I've ever seen you participate in the discussion of any MMO - and you're always there in the forum of the latest one - with praise. Why is that, I wonder? If you dislike them all why are you even here?

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

This is EXACTLY what I was responding to in my previous post and why I said you don't understand how you were mis-using the term "out of context".

Stating that Wow has been hacked for 10 years has NOTHING to do with AA. That is what is out of context. The context is how cheaters are impacting the players in ArcheAge. Not WoW.

A "contex" is a type of framework that you use tolook at something so that you can see it from different views and angles without losing the integrity of what you are looking at.

If All MMOs is your context, for looking at cheating, then AA is not a good fit in that context since the game is inherently different in terms of  player objectives and game mechanics.

Sorry but I don't buy your BS about trying to narrow the agenda to better fit your bias. And by the way, a "context" is also a stepping back and looking at something with a broader focus instead of tunnel vision in an attempt to bring some objectivity to the examination.

You might actually want to look up the definition of the word "context" instead of also attempting to manipulate its meaning.

And getting back to the OP...

The point of the original post is stay away from AA because the hacking here is so bad that it ruins everything. Don't you think that asserting that the hacking here makes the game unplayable is making an implicit comparison with other games and judging this one to be worse?

You did the same thing yourself in another thread a couple of day ago:

"The rampant hacking, botting and cheating.

Yes, I know all games have it. SWG was no exception. But the scale in AA is off the charts."

How can you or the OP imply or say that the hacking in AA is much worse than what is tolerable in other games and not have hacking in all MMOs as the context? 

It's illogical for him to assert that based, supposedly on his experience.

And I say "supposedly" because I have yet to be affected by it personally. I've seen the same threads and videos that he has but I'm not assuming, as he is, that irreparable damage has been done.  I'm actively trading, farming and crafting and I keep track of many items at the AH that are of interest to me. I have seen nothing in the AH fluctuation of prices that would lead me to believe that a large influx of ill-gotten gold has made its way into the economy, The prices are right about where they should be.

But at least the OP is basing his gloomy post on his own play of the game - although I suspect, most of his pessimism comes not from his actual in-game experience. He's just reading the AA official forums and basing his opinion on the opinions expressed there.

You, OTOH, have no in-game experience so when you say the "scale in AA is off the charts" you're just making up shit based on what you've read sprinkled with a heavy dose of your own personal anti-AA bias. 

So yeah, the proper context for any discussion of AA hacks and bots is the state of the whole MMO industry and not the narrow "AA-only" focus you would like to steer this discussion into. After all, both you and the OP are making explicit or implicit value judgments when he says that this is so bad as to be unplayable (and presumably other MMOs are not) and you consider it to be "off the charts" based presumably, on an imaginary comparative MMO hacking chart only you seem to be privy to.

So TLDR: good try attempting to steer the discussion into your preferred narrow focus, but no cigar.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Sorry but I don't buy your BS about trying to narrow the agenda to better fit your bias. And by the way, a "context" is also a stepping back and looking at something with a broader focus instead of tunnel vision in an attempt to bring some objectivity to the examination.

You might actually want to look up the definition of the word "context" instead of also attempting to manipulate its meaning.

The point of the original post is stay away from AA because the hacking here is so bad that it ruins everything. Don't you think that asserting that the hacking here makes the game unplayable is making an implicit comparison with other games and judging this one to be worse?

Yes, I know all games have it. SWG was no exception. But the scale in AA is off the charts."

How can you or the OP imply or say that the hacking in AA is much worse than what is tolerable in other games and not have hacking in all MMOs as the context? 

And I say "supposedly" because I have yet to be affected by it personally. I've seen the same threads and videos that he has but I'm not assuming, as he is, that irreparable damage has been done.  I'm actively trading, farming and crafting and I keep track of many items at the AH that are of interest to me. I have seen nothing in the AH fluctuation of prices that would lead me to believe that a large influx of ill-gotten gold has made its way into the economy, The prices are right about where they should be.

But at least the OP is basing his gloomy post on his own play of the game - although I suspect, most of his pessimism comes not from his actual in-game experience. He's just reading the AA official forums and basing his opinion on the opinions expressed there.

You, OTOH, have no in-game experience so when you say the "scale in AA is off the charts" you're just making up shit based on what you've read sprinkled with a heavy dose of your own personal anti-AA bias. 

So yeah, the proper context for any discussion of AA hacks and bots is the state of the whole MMO industry and not the narrow "AA-only" focus you would like to steer this discussion into. After all, both you and the OP are making explicit or implicit value judgments when he says that this is so bad as to be unplayable (and presumably other MMOs are not) and you consider it to be "off the charts" based presumably, on an imaginary comparative MMO hacking chart only you seem to be privy to.

So TLDR: good try attempting to steer the discussion into your preferred narrow focus, but no cigar.

It doesn't matter what you "buy". You are using the term wrong. It's not subjective, it doesn't change because you want it to. In order for your concept of "context" to work, you need to zoom out to the point where details are obscured. That's not how it works.

What is happening in ArcheAge isn't normal. No, it isn't new, but it is on a whole different level that the "context" you are using to try to make it seem like it's not. There are those who say they are still having fun playing the game but don't deny what is happening in the game. And for them, they have seen what's going on and have made their informed decisions. They acknowledge the good and the bad and know what to focus on. But for those who are sitting here and telling others who are pointing at the obvious that they don't know what they are talking about because of WoW's 10 year history of cheaters, is utterly ridiculous.

My "narrow focus" is not relevant. What's happening in ArcheAge has nothing to do with my perspective. But certainly, I think your Ad-Homs are working. Keep them up. I think the more you use them, the better the overall experience players will have in the game.

• BroomyBroomy Member UncommonPosts: 487

In a themepark game, what other players do simply does not affect you greatly.   You can still go into your instanced home, still zone into your dungeon, still enjoy the game.  And if they try anything stupid on the AH the game devs can easily detect the activity.

In a Sandbox, what other players do affects you ENTIRELY.  They hack by reproducing items, the item costs starts to deflate, they hack and obtain all land, players that really want homes and farms to build are extorted out of their honestly earned, hard cash.

AA is the latter.  Its a sandbox game that allows hackers to flourish.  TRION is only taking steps now because patrons like me have been complaining and demanding refunds.  

Unless your a hacker dont bother with this game.  I hope the game reduces to nothing but hackers, let them have their paradise.

Current Games: WOW, EVE Online

• HerzyHerzy Member UncommonPosts: 184
    AA is not a sandbox game.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by Herzy

There is no such thing as a sandbox game, at least not by any definition that you will get common agreement on here on these forums.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by Kyleran

There is no such thing as a sandbox game, at least not by any definition that you will get common agreement on here on these forums.

Just going by what the developers themselves had/have in mind. It helps not to spread misinformation. It's dishonest and potentially dangerous (people buying into hearsay).

• BroomyBroomy Member UncommonPosts: 487

Thats how its advertised, so whether or not it actually is a sandbox is not the point of my statement.  I am going by how the game is presented.  Like the ability to get land.  This is also false advertising.  Either way Hackers are affecting gameplay. and if people cant see that they are either 1) stupid or 2) hackers themselves.

Current Games: WOW, EVE Online

Originally posted by Broomy

Thats how its advertised, so whether or not it actually is a sandbox is not the point of my statement.

And my statement was regarding the spreading of that info. Kill it now. You now know it ain't one. I did see TRION's little page of info about the game. Lies.

I am going by how the game is presented.  Like the ability to get land.  This is also false advertising.  

There's more they falsely advertised. But yes, the land bit sucks. The game fits perfectly in South-Korean gaming for various reasons. It helps when you have to provide your social security number so you can have an account.

Also their servers weren't capped as high as ours.

Either way Hackers are affecting gameplay. and if people cant see that they are either 1) stupid or 2) hackers themselves.

I hate cheaters and the white knights downplaying the severity of the problem.

And the biggest reason for this, and not just as it applies to the definition of sandbox, but every other definition that can be applied to online games, even right down to what an MMORPG is, is because people want their game to be "X" and not"Y" so definitions have t o"bend" top make it fit. It's kinda funny to think about it. The game doesn't change,  just the semantics.

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685

There's more they falsely advertised. But yes, the land bit sucks. The game fits perfectly in South-Korean gaming for various reasons. It helps when you have to provide your social security number so you can have an account.

Everything I heard that South Korean version was also filled with hackers, and is doing poorly over there, too (which makes a bad situation even worse. IE, if they won't stop hacks over there, why would they over here?).  Although I do admit that, not being Korean myself nor one to falsify Korean Social Security info, it's not like I can go over there and see for myself.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

And the biggest reason for this, and not just as it applies to the definition of sandbox, but every other definition that can be applied to online games, even right down to what an MMORPG is, is because people want their game to be "X" and not"Y" so definitions have t o"bend" top make it fit. It's kinda funny to think about it. The game doesn't change,  just the semantics.

Yeah and the advertising companies are taking advantage of that.

• deveilbladdeveilblad Member UncommonPosts: 193
    Originally posted by ikcin
    All that videos show bugs in game, I see no hacks :)

And here, we have the typical player that bought hacks from a website trying to convince others that there are no hacks... lol...

Also, do not respond those websites do not exist because I can give you links with prices if you want...

It doesn't matter what you "buy". You are using the term wrong. It's not subjective, it doesn't change because you want it to. In order for your concept of "context" to work, you need to zoom out to the point where details are obscured. That's not how it works.

What is happening in ArcheAge isn't normal. No, it isn't new, but it is on a whole different level that the "context" you are using to try to make it seem like it's not. There are those who say they are still having fun playing the game but don't deny what is happening in the game. And for them, they have seen what's going on and have made their informed decisions. They acknowledge the good and the bad and know what to focus on. But for those who are sitting here and telling others who are pointing at the obvious that they don't know what they are talking about because of WoW's 10 year history of cheaters, is utterly ridiculous.

My "narrow focus" is not relevant. What's happening in ArcheAge has nothing to do with my perspective. But certainly, I think your Ad-Homs are working. Keep them up. I think the more you use them, the better the overall experience players will have in the game.

Nice try once again...

For those having a hard time following the bouncing ball, here's how WOW's 10 year history of hacking fits in...

Some people in this thread are pointing their chubby little fingers at XL-Game's alleged incompetence because AA has been out for more than 2 years and there is STILL hacking going on in our NA/Europe localization. The implication is that the longer a game is out the more it is the incompetent developer's fault for writing such atrocious code that allows this hacking to continue.

So let's examine that. How long does it normally take the competent developers of the world to make their MMO 100% hack-proof? Are you starting to see where "WOW has been around for 10 years and is still being hacked" might have some relevance in that discussion?

The fact is that the answer to the question "how long does it take to totally prevent hacking?" is that it's never prevented due to the cycle I explained way way back just before you decided to jump in and explain how saying "hack > stamp-out hacks > new hacks..." was an example of how I don't understand the ultimate definition of the word "context"  (and once again...lol.)

So... back to the OP once again, I paraphrase: "OMG! AA is the most hacked MMO ever in the history of the universe! It's totally ruined! Don't play it!" and your previous post in a previous thread: "It's off the charts." Yeah? Why? Because you, who don't even play it, say so?

SO... unless I misunderstand where the onus for burden of proof lies, as I'm sure you will point out, what makes either of you say those things? Where is your objective proof that "it's off the charts"?

You see, I do play the game every day and I base my comments on what I see while I play. My only knowledge of hacking comes from Youtube videos I've seen posted (usually as evidence of XL's or Trion's incompetence.) I have yet to see any hacks in game with my own eyes - bots, yes. But even those are not even close to the scale of botting I saw with my own eyes in ESO and many other MMOs before that.

So explain to us why the sky is actually really falling this time?

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Utube hack video's for this game are a plenty. More than any mmo i've seen before.
    Originally posted by Hariken
    Utube hack video's for this game are a plenty. More than any mmo i've seen before.

Go to youtube. Put in the phrase "Archeahe hack" in the search field.... about 22,000 results

"Wildstar hack".... ~15,000 results

"ESO hack"... ~ 33,900 results

"WOW hack" ... ~266,000 results

.... any other "proof"?

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Nice try once again...

For those having a hard time following the bouncing ball, here's how WOW's 10 year history of hacking fits in... 

[I stopped reading here]

I stopped reading at the part where you said "WoW's 10 year history".  Since you don't acknowledge there is any kind of difference between cheating in AA vs every other MMO ever made, we really have no grounds for any further discussion.