Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am resubbing for the merge

grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

If you want to see the before and after effects on initial population or anything else, go ahead and ask away.  I'll take the $15 plunge and let you know of my experiences.

Comments

• KaladinKaladin Member Posts: 468
    • It will look like there are more people
    • connectivity might be spotty for the first day or two.
    • The game will not play differently
    1 - is obvious
    2 - is just likely
    3 - because it isn't supposed to change the game.

I can fly higher than an aeroplane.
    And I have the voice of a thousand hurricanes.
    Hurt - Wars

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by Kaladin
    • It will look like there are more people
    • connectivity might be spotty for the first day or two.
    • The game will not play differently
    1 - is obvious
    2 - is just likely
    3 - because it isn't supposed to change the game.

True, the mechanics of the game will not change, but if people are around and playing together, it will change the experience.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by grimal
    If you want to see the before and after effects on initial population or anything else, go ahead and ask away.  I'll take the $15 plunge and let you know of my experiences.

Just Wait for F2P...its all but inevitable now.

I don't mean that in a negative way either. There will be more players, Updates, and free entry.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• agora012agora012 Member Posts: 31
    for the time being i am playing teso and wildstar if there is any change plz let me know :)
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    I might be bothered to finish up the attunment process for my 3rd alt which is where I left off since that guild which raided died off so I couldn't so anything.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by agora012
    for the time being i am playing teso and wildstar if there is any change plz let me know :)

Umm - if you are playing Wildstar, why would you need someone to let you know about the changes ???

Ha! I just noticed the same thing.

Last night i reupped my account.  After the update I was on for about 15 minutes.  One other person in the lower 20 level zone.  I asked if he was back for the megaserver.  He said he had raspberries.  I'll try again tonight.
  • Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

When are the megaservers going live?

Tomorrow.

"All realms will be down for maintenance on October 15 at 5AM PT for up to 24 hours, with one free day granted to all players as compensation."

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Right on, mayhap I will be picking this up soon.
    Logged on for a few. No one one that I could tell.  We shall see.....
  • JackFrostyJackFrosty Member Posts: 103
    Originally posted by Nitth

I don't mean that in a negative way either. There will be more players, Updates, and free entry.

Hate to tell you this, actually no I don't, theres an interview from yesterday on Massively with Donatelli. They aren't going F2P so you can deflate your hopes now :)

When I wake up, the real nightmare begins

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    Let's hope that all goes well with the implementation of the mega-servers and this will help the game fire up. As i said before, i believe that WS is to big and to expensive of a project to just wither away. 
  • PioneerStewPioneerStew Member Posts: 874
    Originally posted by JackFrosty

Hate to tell you this, actually no I don't, theres an interview from yesterday on Massively with Donatelli. They aren't going F2P so you can deflate your hopes now :)

Well he said something more along the lines of not having current plans to change the business model (F2P would take quite some time to implement in any event).  He certainly did not dismiss F2P out of hand.  

If there are no contingency plans to go F2P the current management is either: -

1. Stupid. 
    2. In denial, or 
    3. About to get a major bollocking from NCSoft.  
  • JackFrostyJackFrosty Member Posts: 103
    Originally posted by PioneerStew

Well he said something more along the lines of not having current plans to change the business model (F2P would take quite some time to implement in any event).  He certainly did not dismiss F2P out of hand.  

1. Stupid. 
    2. In denial, or 

I love how you pull these 3 mythical points out of thin air when he said there is still 100's of thousands of people playing WS.

Sounds more like your just mad its not going Fail2play

And yes he pretty much DID dismiss Fail2play out of hand by saying its not designed for it and they don't see it as a solution.

When I wake up, the real nightmare begins

• PioneerStewPioneerStew Member Posts: 874
    Originally posted by PioneerStew

1. Stupid. 
    2. In denial, or 

I love how you pull these 3 mythical points out of thin air when he said there is still 100's of thousands of people playing WS.

Sounds more like your just mad its not going Fail2play

And yes he pretty much DID dismiss Fail2play out of hand by saying its not designed for it and they don't see it as a solution.

I think you are seeing things through rose-tinted glasses.  Obviously developers put a positive spin on their game; it is the omissions and subtext that are important.

Casting aspersions about my motives will not deflect attention away from your rather obtuse interpretation of the interview.  

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    If they do not change their combat I will not come back.

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685

Wildstar desperately needs a BIG infusion of players in its current state from what I can tell.  The most clear way to do this is to go F2P.

Note, however, that going F2P will only solve the "need infusion of players" problem. It will not solve many other underlying issues with the game.  And it may very well create even more issues.

There are less drastic measures that can be taken, such as removing the box price and giving free trials with no box price so people can get in and start buying their gametime via in-game gold and the credd system (CREDD revenue is still revenue for Carbine)

Alternatively, they could go B2P, instead.

I'm not sure the less drastic solutions will be enough at this rate.

Of course, the ideal solution would be for them to make Wildstar into a game so AWESOME in every way imaginable that people will flock to it.  But if that were an actual possibilty, we'd have some WoW killers by now.

From what I would guess, they are probably still profitable.  They are not set up for F2P (if they do, I probably will stop playing).  Their Megaserver switch went extremely well.  Basically I was able to log in, toss my characters a last name, and off I went.  I was on a high pop server before, so I didn't notice a great influx of players, but the daily zones were VERY alive with much pvp going on.

For me, as I expected, there was very little change.  Although the market players went ham on the Auction House since all auctions reset.  But that will even out over time.

I'm still having fun with my guild, progressing through the 20 man at a casual pace.  I see no warning signs of a company in deep distress, no matter how much mmorpg.com wants it.

Hurt - Wars

When did you log on?  I've heard leveling zones still feeling empty during non-peak hours, but I don't experience that since I can't be on during those times.

But others are saying that there are plenty of folks leveling in the evenings.

Hurt - Wars

Originally posted by Kaladin

When did you log on?  I've heard leveling zones still feeling empty during non-peak hours, but I don't experience that since I can't be on during those times.

But others are saying that there are plenty of folks leveling in the evenings.

Night before the merge.  I was only able to log in for a few mins yesterday (post merge) and it does seem more populated.  Again, I was only on a few minutes.  I'll try again later.

• EnikEnik Member UncommonPosts: 99

I would love to be a fly on the wall in the employee's breakroom to get a sense of how many of them feel that the megaserver work is simply rearranging deckchairs on the Titanic. WS is definitely not my kind of game, but I do hope they find the balance they're looking for.

Originally posted by Enik

I would love to be a fly on the wall in the employee's breakroom to get a sense of how many of them feel that the megaserver work is simply rearranging deckchairs on the Titanic. WS is definitely not my kind of game, but I do hope they find the balance they're looking for.

Probably none of them are saying that about the megaserver switch.  They would be far more likely to be saying that the 100+ page patch notes drop coming in November is their chance to right the ship. Whether it does or not remains to be seen.

Hurt - Wars