Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have they updated the character looks?

124»

Comments

• ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
    Originally posted by Gestankfaust
    Originally posted by Archlyte
    Originally posted by SlyLoK
    Originally posted by Archlyte

[quote] -Heroic Movement could have looked like Assassin's Creed or the new LoTR game, but because the dev team are all nursing newborns or something, they chose for it to look like the Marvel Buddies. Heroic Movement, and MOBA combat could have been achieved fine with realistic models. [/quote]

Once again...no it could not have looked like single player games without severely compromising game play. Every character on screen has to be rendered be every one in view. Everything you make "optimal" or "high quality" in animations and/or graphics affects this.

This is not to say I like the current look, but you must know that going as far as to say it could look as good as *insert SP game here* just wont work on most MMOs. If you expect to get a wide scope of players.

I never said it had to Be those games, just more like that than what they made. I know the difference between a single player game's resources and what you have in an MMORPG.

You are mucking up my point so I will re-state.

They could have used movements that are just above human agility and speed capabilities and it would have looked fantastic.

I'm not mucking up your point...you are. You pointed out two of the best looking and best animated SP games to date to say what they could have done in an MMO. Yet...it can't be done to that scale in any MMO without huge drops in FPS and processing. I understand what you mean, but you reached too far.

You completely jumped off the deep end. The graphics couldnt really be done in an MMO ( though Black Desert looks close ) but the animations could easily. However for balance reasons I doubt all the wall climbing would be a success in an MMORPG environment.

As per the posted screenshot earlier. It is a Barbarian. At SOE FanFaire that had Humans , Dark Elves and Barbarians fighting. 

Yeah...the deep end...

Although you agreed with the graphics and really couldn't give a realistic reason as to how the animations would work. In fact you went against animations a bit.

But yeah...deep end. Thanks for your non intended support.

I just want to make sure I am understanding what you are saying.

You are saying that the direct comparison to SPG graphics and animations is inappropriate because the two things are dissimilar enough technology-wise that the analogy is poor. Right?

There is no analogy here....SP graphics and/or animations are much better for a reason the you...and others...I guess just refuse to see. You CAN have them in MMOs, but...well it's been said before. Why keep on about things that players can't grasp.

MMOs as a whole will not have the most realistic character visuals...deal with it or learn why.

I was trying to get clarification but you appear to be fixated on what is really a fine distinction. I tried to go your way on this but you are socially inept, so I will just tell you that you are bitching about people making a peripheral comparison within software. Nobody said what you thought they said from the beginning.

Quit bitching because you think you have the Graphics in a Video Game Hall monitor badge. You're off topic and just looking to be arrogant.

MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
  • ReallyNow10ReallyNow10 Member UncommonPosts: 2,225
    The models to me look like Sylvester Stallone taking some crayons and penciling in his picture on his driver's license.