Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Leveling is sloooooowww and boring 6.0.2

greymanicgreymanic Member UncommonPosts: 25

They totally screwed anyone hoping to level to 90 anytime this year.   XP is nerfed, literally... as in killing mobs and doing quests at 44 feels more like doing it at 89. It trickles. On top of that, damage and healing don't just display lower numbers you actually do less, so dungeon fights are harder and fights just take longer....  I leveled from 1-30 day 1.  30 to 42 day 2.  Since the patch I've only level twice and most of that is due to doing the dungeon completions.  Dungeon quests only gave me about 1.5 to two bars. Please don't tell me this isn't a sad ploy to get paid 90 boosts.  I cannot believe so many tolerate it.

And on top of all these they took about 1/3 of the class abilities... so you're basically doing less, while taking much longer to complete content.  Huge snore.

Comments

• TyggsTyggs Member UncommonPosts: 456
    L2PayBlizzard nub

SWTOR Referral Link

Free Goodies for new or returning players.

See what it gets you Here

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    It is but one of many hot fixes being tested as we speak... patch day always brings with it many bugs... especially a pre-launch patch!
  • greymanicgreymanic Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Originally posted by Tyggs
    L2PayBlizzard nub

Which basically means you don't like blizzard and never played wow so don't know what i'm talking about...

Originally posted by Pepeq
    It is but one of many hot fixes being tested as we speak... patch day always brings with it many bugs... especially a pre-launch patch!

Hotfix... And that is my hope and prayer. In the meantime that can scoop up any impatient people willing to pay for boosts.

• ZebladeZeblade Member UncommonPosts: 931
    Yeah the good ol' days are gone. When it took weeks and months to level. Go and do dungeons. Now over 7mil are playing it so the problem is not the game. The game is super easy now. Yet very fun..
  • tkoreapertkoreaper Member UncommonPosts: 412
    Wouldn't this matter be best discussed somewhere else? Like... I don't know... The official forums?? I don't know what you're expecting to gain from this post.
  • Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Originally posted by greymanic
    L2PayBlizzard nub

Which basically means you don't like blizzard and never played wow so don't know what i'm talking about...

Why would they make it easy when they can charge you $60 for a level 90. Seems like Tyggs was dead on.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130

They totally screwed anyone hoping to level to 90 anytime this year.   XP is nerfed, literally... as in killing mobs and doing quests at 44 feels more like doing it at 89. It trickles. On top of that, damage and healing don't just display lower numbers you actually do less, so dungeon fights are harder and fights just take longer....  I leveled from 1-30 day 1.  30 to 42 day 2.  Since the patch I've only level twice and most of that is due to doing the dungeon completions.  Dungeon quests only gave me about 1.5 to two bars. Please don't tell me this isn't a sad ploy to get paid 90 boosts.  I cannot believe so many tolerate it.

And on top of all these they took about 1/3 of the class abilities... so you're basically doing less, while taking much longer to complete content.  Huge snore.

Well, TBH, I'm a lazy player as it is, so I try to stick to a single action bar whenever possible, so I can do everything I need with one hand. However, I do have a couple "Oh S*$t" abilities on my second action bar (plus all my professions on my 6th. 

So all that the cut in useless skills means to me is that I have less macro work to maintain, fewer items to work into my rotation, and fewer cooldowns that I have to remember :) 

Biggest piss-off about experience drop-off is that I got my son to like 4M left to 90. So is that going to take me like 10 hours now? lol. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265

Well, now u know why u can buy character boost :)

Found tis new patch horrible. race walking animations are just awfull. Orc dont feel orc anymore.

A lot skills gone in every class, some classes do very low dps now.

Currently WoW shoot self to leg, casual players are not happy.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Hum..this makes me want to start a tanky bear.....
    Originally posted by Arskaaa

Well, now u know why u can buy character boost :)

Found tis new patch horrible. race walking animations are just awfull. Orc dont feel orc anymore.

A lot skills gone in every class, some classes do very low dps now.

Currently WoW shoot self to leg, casual players are not happy.

Yeah, but let's be honest, when you've got a single 90 character basically face-rolling a 5-man level 87 dungeon, you've got problems with dps. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    ----------------

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    Originally posted by Four0Six
    L2PayBlizzard nub

Why would they make it easy when they can charge you $60 for a level 90. Seems like Tyggs was dead on.

Everyone gets a free boost to 90 with the expansion.  It's all the other toons that you have to cover yourself.  

LOL, but you can now undelete your characters for even more leveling fun!

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

Good that you didn't play Vanilla before it went easymode.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Didnt Blizzard say they had the next 3-4 expansions already ready (idea wise) after WoD? Since WoD is pretty much BC remade....I can guess on what the next 3-4 will be....Anyway, every thread regarding wow since Cata has always had someone talking like "I liked vanilla/bc best" now they give people vanilla/bc wow and the people who joined around Cata or after will probably quit now....lol life is funny.
  • TyrantasTyrantas Member UncommonPosts: 369
    I am pvper and I hope wod actually will be smt like tbc, because this patch for pvp is dumb as hell. Ppl burst each other in few seconds, so it's nothing like tbc. It;s all about who gets opener, therefore rogues are op. There is new glyph for shadow priests which lets ur first mind blast on target to gain extra 2 orbs. So I start in invis(spectral guise), cast mind blast (so i have 3 orbs which allows me to cast devouring plague),then I cast devouring plague(instant), and then target is low enough every time for me to cast sw:d(instant) if he's not dead yet lol, full pvp geared ppl get killed with that combination every time unless ice block or smt like that ofc. 
  • lugallugal Member UncommonPosts: 671
    I used to be the easiest to play and the quickest to level up in, then I took an arrow to the knee.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The reviewer has a mishapen head
    Which means his opinion is skewed
    ...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

Originally posted by Muke

Good that you didn't play Vanilla before it went easymode.

I played vanilla, got my pvp rank to prove it. Don't get on the blizzard defense wagon and try comparing what they did here to previous version.  One, vanilla was vanilla and we wanted to spend our time getting to 60.  This is something else when you have much better gear then you ever had in vanilla and can't do decent xp. They nerfed xp for quest rewards much worse than it was in vanilla.

POWERLEVEL SOLUTION: They added an xp reward for completing dungeons in 6.0.2 by killing all bosses.  Take your level 90 and spam dungeons on-level with your lowbie. I ran strat twice and went almost a whole level. Let's see if there's diminishing returns.  Also a hotfix last night might have helped.

Sort of lame but it's better than going in and failing the completion scenario with 5 mans over and over again and getting no xp for all the kills.

My son logged in last night and BAM!! he had 1 xp to get instead of 4M. I guess the squish worked in his favour. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    ----------------

• biffbaxterbiffbaxter Member UncommonPosts: 9

They are definitely still tweaking things as I played pre-hotfix and post-hotfix last night, and my leveling went from non-existent to closer to being on par with pre 6.02 (this is a level 40 running around in Kalimdor - so old stuff :) )

They defintely nerfed some things related to healing..I have a ret Pally I am leveling on Horde and my heals dropped a ton in relation to my HP. (That did not change pre-post hotfix). Used to run around on autopilot mowing down anything on the classic quest stuff... as its almost impossbile to die with a Pally unless you are completely not paying attention. I had to watch my health now...so that I think is good....Its a casual diversion MMO now, so I take it for what it is...relaxing and a diversion from real life.

• r3volt21r3volt21 Member UncommonPosts: 97
    If they really slowed down leveling I would see that as a good thing,  It used to be that way and when I played I hated how fast u leveled in recent years.  For me the huge xp in bg's was horrible I hated being at the end of bg lvl range and out leveling within a game or two.  Maybe they are considering the f2p switch and xp boosts (not insta 90) are on the way.    Maybe its possible they are going to use the first year or so of exp to test the waters with what will/ will not work with the cs for a f2p system.