Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR is P2W! Don't play this game

13»

Comments

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025
    Originally posted by CIB3
    Originally posted by Tamanous

Nothing to see here other than yet another ignorant to the truth that Swtor's f2p model has ALWAYS been a glorified trial.

It is a HYBRID cash model. You will always be expected to pay the full sub price to not have to jump through hoops to obtain full access to the game.

OP needs to learn that there are many different f2p models out there. Many have slightly different names for them but one thing is true:  a hybrid model that is a sub + f2p is NOT pay to win. You have the choice to sub or have the choice to limited access.

Subscription=pay. A player need to pay to "win" the game content, to go to level 55, to equipt purple gear, etc. Where is my error?

The f2p option is  an extended TRIAL. Do you understand this?

A TRIAL.

LIMITED GAME PLAY.

THE DE FACTO STANDARD FOR PLAYING THE GAME IS SUBSRCIPTION!!!

SNAP OUT OF YOUR FUNK DUDE!

Exactly what I said! Is not F2P... it's a trial or something like that

Your point was that it is pay to win. Do not dodge the issue. It is pay to play (the full game) ... always has been.

You stay sassy!

• CIB3CIB3 Member UncommonPosts: 121

Nothing to see here other than yet another ignorant to the truth that Swtor's f2p model has ALWAYS been a glorified trial.

It is a HYBRID cash model. You will always be expected to pay the full sub price to not have to jump through hoops to obtain full access to the game.

OP needs to learn that there are many different f2p models out there. Many have slightly different names for them but one thing is true:  a hybrid model that is a sub + f2p is NOT pay to win. You have the choice to sub or have the choice to limited access.

Subscription=pay. A player need to pay to "win" the game content, to go to level 55, to equipt purple gear, etc. Where is my error?

A TRIAL.

LIMITED GAME PLAY.

Your point was that it is pay to win. Do not dodge the issue. It is pay to play (the full game) ... always has been.

Bioware advertise their game as F2P... but you need to pay in order to play it. This is what I call P2W. You are forced to pay the game. 

P.S. I argued enough my point, so now I will stop to respond to any post. If someone feel like me can post his opinion, if someone don't share my opinion is free to post his point too. Thanks to all fanboys for your effort to defend a P2W and fake advertised game!

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858

A TRIAL.

LIMITED GAME PLAY.

Bioware advertise their game as F2P... but you need to pay in order to play it. This is what I call P2W. You are forced to pay the game. 

P.S. I argued enough my point, so now I will stop to respond to any post. If someone feel like me can post his opinion, if someone don't share my opinion is free to post his point too. Thanks to all fanboys for your effort to defend a P2W and fake advertised game!

This is their banner on IGN.....notice the free trial, and "Additonal terms and conditions apply" disclaimers?

OP, you should prob do yourself a favor and let this thread die....

This discussion has been closed.