Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Incase you're still wondering

ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

Comments

• ohioastroohioastro Member UncommonPosts: 534
    Anyone still promoting that ridiculous video has approximately zero credibility.  It lowered my opinion of that loudmouth a lot more than it lowered my opinion of ESO.  It's particularly foolish to be reposting it when the issues raised have nothing to do with the current game.
  • CouganCougan Member UncommonPosts: 422

Oh dear wonder why someone is posting 6 month old launch reviews. Hardly the current state of the game.

• ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381

My credibility is backed by my spot on predictions of MMO's fate over the last 10 years. You may like this game, obviously some people do. However this game is inevitably going to fail within the next 12 months and by fail I mean F2P, cash shop. This game was designed to take your money, not to let you play in Tamriel online with your friends.

Originally posted by ZigZags

My credibility is backed by my spot on predictions of MMO's fate over the last 10 years. You may like this game, obviously some people do. However this game is inevitably going to fail within the next 12 months and by fail I mean F2P, cash shop. This game was designed to take your money, not to let you play in Tamriel online with your friends.

4/12/14 1:43:27 AM

The OP is right on the money. I played this game during all the closed and open betas, by the time open beta was out I had to force myself to try it out because it was so boring.

This will play out very similarly to many of other super hyped MMO releases of the last half decade. 

This game will be F2P within 12 months.

You wanting an extension on your spot on predictions or something?

The end has already begun. Much the same as what happened to SWTOR which MOST will agree, failed.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/9/3/6103179/elder-scrolls-online-zenimax-online-studios-layoffs

Originally posted by Cougan
    Originally posted by ZigZags

4/12/14 1:43:27 AM

The OP is right on the money. I played this game during all the closed and open betas, by the time open beta was out I had to force myself to try it out because it was so boring.

This will play out very similarly to many of other super hyped MMO releases of the last half decade. 

This game will be F2P within 12 months.

You wanting an extension on your spot on predictions or something?

No. I meant 12 mo. from Release. Im sure you will see by April 2015. Dont be mad. Corporate commanders furnish their mansions on people like you.

I just thought it was amusing you said the same thing 6 months ago, and now you say within the next 12 months today.

Sounds like someone is bitter

You misunderstood me. 12 months after release. I stand by that. Im not bitter at all. Im trying to save you money and im NOT for supporting companies that ruin intellectual property in the name of highest profit possible. Especially when they IGNORE COMPLETELY the outcry of experienced MMO gamers who participate in the Alpha and Beta stages of development.

You hate me, but you should try and realize im really only trying to help you all.

When people support games that are poorly designed it encourages the next game's developers to ignore the public and listen only to their investors. Remember when MMOs were good? They were artistic creations that appealed to people due to the unique content and play style? 

Look what Corporate commanders did to Warhammer, Lord of the Rings & Star Wars. Three HUGELY popular IPs with unlimited potential. Totally murdered by their developers. TESO is next in that list of recognizable IPs.

• CarnicideCarnicide Member UncommonPosts: 222
    What in the hell are you talking about? Do you follow the news about this game at all? Zeni has been listening and the amount of changes each patch is like an expansion  release. Just go read patch 1.5 It's literally like 4 pages long........Get your facts straight before you state a game will fail. Please educate yourself......

When I play ESO i do it for the experience of a MMO set in a elder scrolls world and I happen to like the faction PVP.

When I play Star Wars I get the feeling of the Knights of the Old Republic games perfectly from the questing.

Just because a section of the potential customer base wanted different things (like a SWG style star wars game) does not mean the design decisions were wrong for those who play them now.

This discussion has been closed.