Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So... how will Sony play the current marketing

CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654

Seeing others games selling alpha accounts for insane amount money, Sony will prolly follow the current hype of marketing sales..

Ill bet you already that before the end of this year.. that they will be selling pre-alpha accounts // alpha accounts/ beta accounts and VIP accounts.

The question will be.. what will be the prices be?

I think sony will set a new mark on this one alpha packs/accounts.. 200 dollars with 1 month subscription to eqnext.

ill set the range between 200 dollars and 50 dollars of the accounts.

What's your range?

Comments

• Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292
    Originally posted by Copperfield

Seeing others games selling alpha accounts for insane amount money, Sony will prolly follow the current hype of marketing sales..

Ill bet you already that before the end of this year.. that they will be selling pre-alpha accounts // alpha accounts/ beta accounts and VIP accounts.

The question will be.. what will be the prices be?

I think sony will set a new mark on this one alpha packs/accounts.. 200 dollars with 1 month subscription to eqnext.

ill set the range between 200 dollars and 50 dollars of the accounts.

What's your range?

I would expect sony to do pricing similar to Landmark $20/60/100. However, I do agree that they are likely to add a higher package for $200 (or $250). I would also expect only the 100/200 levels to give access to alpha, with the lower levels only giving access to beta.

• AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139

I'll probably pay the cheapest entrance fee needed, $50 probably my max and then F2P after release with a trip to the cash shop when I see something I like and or pay the monthly SOE all access sub if the perks are good enough. Overall, I'm assuming I'll end up paying the same or less then what I would for any other AAA mmorpg.

$200 or whatever for a few in-game titles/items aren't worth it to me. I already spend enough and invest enough of my time to these games that I don't need to boost by ego/vanity that much with a $100 pet.

If having a $ entrance to alpha/beta keeps a lot of ...... out, I'm all for it. Plenty of time for them to have "fun" once the game is released F2P.

From the sound of it though, "Beta" might be the earliest players get into EQN. Landmark is basically the Alpha for it. I'm assuming there will be a lot of fixes going on after release, but as it is F2P, I'm fine with that as well.

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571

It makes no difference to me how much it costs, I won't be buying one. Pay to alpha/beta test? Are you mental? They should be paying US, not the other way around.

We're providing them with an invaluable service when testing these games and they know it. It's greedy fucking suit bastards that thought up this evil plan to charge to get into beta and everyone should just stop feeding the trolls.

If nobody bought the damn things they'd have to go back to inviting us to play betas for free.

JUST SAY NO

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Charging for Alpha-level access is the MMORPG equivalent of Personal Seat Licenses in professional sports.  Basically, they're charging you for the privilege of charging you again later.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

I would pay around £100 for a founders pack that gave me a raft of perks, including alpha/ beta access.

I like buying CE of games that I think I will enjoy.

As I see it, engaging with these founders packs is optional. I have no idea why anyone would get bent out of shape just because they were on offer. 

You have to option to wait and play with a free client after all... No one owes you more than that.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by jmcdermottuk

It makes no difference to me how much it costs, I won't be buying one. Pay to alpha/beta test? Are you mental? They should be paying US, not the other way around.

We're providing them with an invaluable service when testing these games and they know it. It's greedy fucking suit bastards that thought up this evil plan to charge to get into beta and everyone should just stop feeding the trolls.

If nobody bought the damn things they'd have to go back to inviting us to play betas for free.

JUST SAY NO

WHile they didn't cost a lot many of the early MMO's betas did cost. So if anything they already did go back to how it used to be.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• SupaAPESupaAPE Member Posts: 100
    There's going to be a huge cash flow going in and out of this game. It's the biggest thing in around a decade.
  • ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
    Originally posted by SupaAPE
    There's going to be a huge cash flow going in and out of this game. It's the biggest thing in around a decade.

I think you mean WoW.

MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
  • isslingissling Member UncommonPosts: 162

I think they blew it a little by saying it was going to be like hard core old school EQ1 before their first announcement for the game. Then turn around and say there is no trinity and everybody can be every class and everybody will be jack of all trades, so I think most people will take the current marking with a grain of salt and wait and see. 

You guys can bitch at me all you want. but I really don't think they know what direction to go in. It will be more like mine craft then an mmo. At this point it is how do we make a game that can milk a cash shop over creating a game people like.

• asdarasdar Member UncommonPosts: 662

I want Minecraft in EQN, but I also want all of the old stuff and lots of new stuff. I think there will be early packs for sure, probably like people said, $50/100/150/200

I don't mind at all supporting development if it's something I want so I'll go up to maybe $100. I've spent $65 on Xbox games that weren't worth a dime so I can go that far.

If they had just healing, I don't need the exact new trinity or even the old I'd be sure to go the $100. No healing, or useless healing limits so much in the terms of the size of the fight.

Asdar