Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Skyforge: Tapping the God Within

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The first in a series of video developer diaries has been released by the team behind Skyforge. This episode, titled "Orders of Aelion", reveals how players can become a powerful deity in their own right.

The developer diary describes how each immortal dweller of Aelion has their own personal order made up of the mortals that worship them for their deeds. Orders are not just for looks, they provide a third of a character’s might, with characters dealing more damage the larger their order. The size of an order, which can grow to be millions of followers large, is reflected in the amount of statues and churches erected in a player’s honor. Some believers called adepts will even do extraordinary deeds in the name of the player such as curing plagues, protecting their realm during invasions by other gods or serving as missionaries of the player’s glory in other realms.

Find out more about Skyforge.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SoloAnythingSoloAnything Member UncommonPosts: 308

From youtube gameplay video came to this conclusion:

Allods = Russian WoW

Skyforge = Russian GW2

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

Allods = P2W big time

Skyforge = on the road for P2W

If people check out how allods is, for about 2 years I played allods, they never change, they keep adding more p2w more and more making it worst for the wallet, they will do the same here.

• Drac14Drac14 Member UncommonPosts: 55

Website posts about Skyforge.

Commenters talk about Allods. 

Don't you guys ever get bored of doing that on EVERY post? Seriously, the game looks awesome. The developer featured in the video hits the nail on the head EVERY video he's in. He gets MMO. 

Will they screw it up with a cash shop? Dunno. Don't care right now. I'd rather be excited for what I know the game is (through player's in beta doing videos) and what the dev's are showing the game is. As opposed to what the game could maybe possible be because of speculation on the past. 

Have fun people, enjoy stuff. Enjoy how cool the game sounds right now. Talk about how awesome the features detailed in this video could be. Cause they sound like a great sub-game and lots of content to consume and work for. 

• urriel1970urriel1970 Member UncommonPosts: 120

it's only pay to win if you pay i the first place...i'm interested in this game purely on a testing point...see the mechanic's ..graphics..story line and so forth...not going to put a single dime into it..until i know whats its all about and the limits of it via not using he cash shop....some folks just want to explore the world and see what they came up with...i know alot of folks that played allods and never spent a dime..just farmed alot of gold....took forever..but they got it done......for me it's a wait and see

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by Drac14

Website posts about Skyforge.

Commenters talk about Allods. 

Don't you guys ever get bored of doing that on EVERY post? Seriously, the game looks awesome. The developer featured in the video hits the nail on the head EVERY video he's in. He gets MMO. 

Will they screw it up with a cash shop? Dunno. Don't care right now. I'd rather be excited for what I know the game is (through player's in beta doing videos) and what the dev's are showing the game is. As opposed to what the game could maybe possible be because of speculation on the past. 

Have fun people, enjoy stuff. Enjoy how cool the game sounds right now. Talk about how awesome the features detailed in this video could be. Cause they sound like a great sub-game and lots of content to consume and work for. 

Nice to wear blinders.  I just cannot excited about another seriously flawed game.   The chances that a f2p game will be good are so infinitesimal as to be not worth bothering with.  If they did it with Allods, they will do it with Skyforge, publishers don't change their stripes. 

• Bakkoda24Bakkoda24 Member UncommonPosts: 257

I don't know why people can't understand that gPotato is the publisher that drove the game into the ground. Either way, it doesn't matter because this isn't Allods.

I've been following Skyforge since March and seeing the Orders feature announced on the forums today has gotten me looking forward to playing the game more than ever. I'm excited to see how it functions in-game.

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

The problem is not dont want to give skyforge its room see how it gos but the dev team for allods cant be trusted, how so I know? so I played allods for over 2 years, I did most my farming ingame as I didnt have a job then, to keep up with players that spend a ton of money in to the game, and still way far behind.

But now just getting worst and worst, allods team not doing much to fix the problem going on with allods people slowly leaving it why they work on skyforge, being with them for 2 years was thinking maybe it was gpotato but after mail.ru took the game them self, sure gpotato they was problem too, but the patch and the game cash shop was 90% run by the allods team.

Give skyforge a shot, but soon after people will see.