Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dare I buy it?

rubydragon5rubydragon5 Member UncommonPosts: 693

Something about Wildstar is dragging me in.

Im just curious to as what there is to do in the game?

Also why do so many people complain about the game? is it strictly because of low population?

Will the megaservers fix that ?

Im just scared to invest 60 usd into something that never goes back uphill after I buy it.

Any information anyone can give me would be appreciated.

thanks

Comments

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    It isn't a great game but can be fun at times. Without going into a bunch of pro and cons I will just say it is not worth $60. Wait a while till the price comes down to at least $20. By Christmas I expect it to be there. The megaserver is a fix for low pops, many many reasons for why the game got to that point.
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Absolutely dont buy it imo yet, wait for a free trial, in that time the devs should get some more patches in to resolve some of the issues. 

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• KaladinKaladin Member Posts: 468

If you get it now, choose Pergo (PvP) or Stormtalon (PvE).  They have decent populations right now.  Although, Megaservers will be live on Wednesday so that might be totally irrelevant.

The game is just fine if you understand that there are still a few bugs, many of which will be addressed next month.  But none are absolutely game breaking.  I am enjoying it a lot.  It's the best game to me that is out there right now, and I admit that it is not for everyone.

There is plenty to do, even for the non-hardcore, despite what posters on this site would have you believe.  Housing is pretty in depth.  Adventures (like PvE normal mode dungeons) do not take long and do not require a ton of coordination.  The solo story quests that start at 30 will take you through all the main plot points in the game, and it is supposedly just a prelude to the main story which starts with the November patch.  The raid attunement used to be a pretty tedious gate, but not anymore.

Regular quests are fairly linear.  Nothing much to add to that.

Path missions, I found rather fun.  I did the Explorer and while you're out and about, you do random tasks for people like finding a lost pendant, or climbing a tree to install a camera, and basically, opening up every piece of map in the game.  Others (in short) are Soldier (carry out assassinations, holdouts, extra killing essentially;  Scientist, for the lore hounds, scanning items and finding books and datacubes;  Settler basically sets up buff stations at certain camps granting XP, Stat, HP, etc buffs.

If you are hardcore, grab yourself a guild and have at it.  Getting gold ranks on dungeons are pretty difficult.  But I think what I like most about the game, is that if you screw up, you know exactly why and how to fix it.  Executing that fix, is a totally different issue.

The gripes about the game are population on servers that are not Pergo and Stormtalon, the bugs that are still in the game, and class balancing.  The Megaservers should help to make it feel more populated, and MANY bugs and balancing issues are addressed in the November drop.  100+ pages of patch notes worth of it.

Carbine admitted that their QA team was smaller than it needed to be, which is the main reason for the bugs and balancing that was not captured before it was put in front of players.  But that balance of developers and testers has been rectified and hopefully they can do better for the future.

I can fly higher than an aeroplane.
    And I have the voice of a thousand hurricanes.
    Hurt - Wars

• NitetasiaNitetasia Member UncommonPosts: 29
    People complain because they are impatient now a days. (if you look at WOW back when it first opened.. it had a lot of problems too, but people stayed with it because  they didn't expected as much as they do now)  They all seem to think that MMOs have to be prefect right when the game opens. I, for one, look at all of the pluses that the game has and love the game,  even with the bugs. In fact, I dont see myself playing anything else for a while. But if you do worry about not having enough players to play with, wait until next month. A lot of the things that don't seem to work right will be fixed.