Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I don't think Megaservers are going to improve much...

2»

Comments

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685

Carbine has former World of Warcraft devs, not Warhammer Online devs.  ...to my knowledge.  It really shows, I think (WS resembling WoW more than WH, I mean)

But yea, it feels like this game plummeted even faster than WH did.  Which is kinda odd when you consider that this game had a heap more love from the media and players in its honeymoon phase than WH did, as far as I can tell.

It just goes to show how bad the WALL at end-game is, I guess, since so many people loved the game before they hit the level cap (far as I could tell).

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Originally posted by Wighty
    Originally posted by AzurePrower

Still stand on my statements before it released.

Was worth the box purchase. But the amazing housing system it had wasn't good enough to carry the game as a whole and continue the subscription.

They had some good ideas. But poor execution and handling of it. I had my doubts when their website couldn't even handle the traffic pre-launch for key services advertised upon pre-ordering. Looking at you name reservations.

I lasted 3 months. My problem wasn't with not seeing people around. My problem was pretty much every one I had interacted with, stopped playing.

While I agree the housing in the game was good, unfortunately housing is just a feature, not the whole game itself... (probably would have don't better if it were some sim style housing game)

My main issue was really destroying the (1) and (2) key on my keyboard. combat was just harsh and unforgiving (physically)

I preferred ESO's take on the action style combat that incorporated the mouse for the main "clicky attacks" much much more comfortable!

I agree with this.  I liked Wildstar,  but the combat got tiring.  If they had a Tera/ESO combat system.  I would probably still be playing.  

During Closed beta I had an add-on named Deadlock.  It gave you the mouse look/aim that ESO and Tera have.  Unfortunately, you still couldn't use the mouse buttons for any abilities.

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Originally posted by Shodanas
    Mega-servers will alleviate the desolation "feeling" and look to some extend. However, WildStar desperately needs an influx of players. Carbine must come up with solutions which will raise the population and fast. A non-sub model would definitely help quite a lot. 

Good summary.

We don't know how bad things are but it looks bleak.

And as Carbine stated before the launch that they didn't need mega-servers because of cross-servers it will do nothing for queues. Ambience by pulling everyone left together but  ....

People move on. And Christmas will bring lots of new titles. Competing for peoples money, reviewers' column inches, shelf space in stores etc. Can't see NCSoft throwing huge sums of money into a second marketing campaign either.

Offer a "trial" in the GW2 cash shop maybe - for whatever $. 

Bleak outlook.

• Mange1Mange1 Member UncommonPosts: 266

Why didn't you mention in your OP that you're level 6-14?  I logged in expecting a god awful queue on my 50 and got one instantly with a 3:42 second estimated wait time.

Edit:  They also already stated they'll be adding a true 7 day trial (guessing full game) around the time of mega servers / drop 3.

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Originally posted by Mange1

Why didn't you mention in your OP that you're level 6-14?  I logged in expecting a god awful queue on my 50 and got one instantly with a 3:42 second estimated wait time.

Edit:  They also already stated they'll be adding a true 7 day trial (guessing full game) around the time of mega servers / drop 3.

Are you honestly trying to dismiss this???...are you seriously trying to imply that since i'm not 50, this is a non issue??? Its the same story for all non 50 brackets. The game is brand new....even AoC, a 6 year old game, has lower non endgame PVP queues, and theirs arn't cross server...

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    Originally posted by doodphace

I don't think I have ever seen an MMO this dead so soon after launch...

I was joking earlier, but I think I really do want my 15$ back...

Yeah the only other AAA MMO I can think of that had such a huge population drop was FFXIV 1.0 (although it took a bit longer). We are talking about population in the single digits for EU, double digits for NA, and low triple digits for JP with the exception of 2 servers. Having 1 PVP and 1 PVE server will help populate the world but it won't have that much of an impact on PVP queues, but anything that brings some people back is better than nothing at this point.

The only thing that would help with low and mid level zones/characters at this point would be going F2P which seems to be officially on the table. We'll just have to see how much of an impact the megaserver will have.

• Mange1Mange1 Member UncommonPosts: 266
    Originally posted by doodphace
    Originally posted by Mange1

Are you honestly trying to dismiss this???...are you seriously trying to imply that since i'm not 50, this is a non issue??? Its the same story for all non 50 brackets. The game is brand new....even AoC, a 6 year old game, has lower non endgame PVP queues, and theirs arn't cross server...

Dismiss?  What is there to dismiss, the smallest bracket is the game has long queues in a period where most everyone is waiting for mega servers/drop 3.  You literally failed to mention that you were on a lowbie and mislead me even if not intentionally.  There's been periods where the queues have bugged as well and even though there were enough people in them you never got a game, potentially in this case an adverse effect of the most recent gear factor change for PVP queues.  If it's not that and the population is low, which everyone on this site has been saying, still not something worth making another WS troll topic about.  I'm willing to bet you actually have a 50 and you just wanted to stir something up as any troll would.

Edit: Looking at your post history you made over a dozen "insightful" posts in the topic about Voodoo quitting, odds are pretty damn high that I'm right at this point.