Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Respond if you preordered

2»

Comments

• SuperNickSuperNick Member UncommonPosts: 460

Thinking of picking it up again - not a lot else to play these days in the MMO space.. ESO I might return to next year but for now, meh.

Rest of the stuff is light years away, so that leaves the oldies like SWTOR.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by grimal
    Just curious how many have done as I have and are leveling alts with the boost?  If so, what server do you play on?

None as I have full set of all combinations of all factions already long ago leveled to max. :-)

• winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737

Pre-ordered. Playing. Loving it. Lvling a Bounty Hunter for the first time and so far been totally awesome.

Dat hotness m8.

• TrivanDKTrivanDK Member UncommonPosts: 12
    been away from swtor for a long time - never bought any of the expansions - so what now? will this expansion include the old ones as well? or do I have to buy them all?
  • winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737
    Originally posted by TrivanDK
    been away from swtor for a long time - never bought any of the expansions - so what now? will this expansion include the old ones as well? or do I have to buy them all?

You get the only "REAL" expansion with the pre-order of Shadow of Revan. That is to say you get the Hutt expansion / Makeb and stuff with your pre-order. And all the other digital expansion were free so you have them all ready. Basically, you don't need to buy anything outside Shadow of Revan if you want the full game experience.

• BACONXBACONX Member UncommonPosts: 253

Pre-Ordered...Jedi Covenant.

• FlintsteenFlintsteen Member UncommonPosts: 282

Didn't pre-order.  Not yet.  I like that the SW universe is expanding,  but I don't like that the new enemy is Revan (again) and I hate the fact that we must unite with our faction opposition to fight this "new" enemy.

That and the new discipline system scares me.

I also think the pre-order bonus was fairly bad. I'm playing as preferred atm, and for me there's realy no incentive to preorder. For a true f2p they will get both the RotHc and SoR expansion,  so there's plenty of incentive imo. For current subs there's the 12 times class quest-xp bonus.  For some that's a big incentive, for others not so much. I've already played all class stories so for me it wouldn't be a big deal. For preferred players there's just the statue that all preorders gets.

If SoR had been half price for subscribers I would have subscribed a couple of months and preordered,  now I think i'll just wait and see.

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933

Pre-ordered.

Playing on The Rep Eclipse and Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU).

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Flintsteen

If SoR had been half price for subscribers I would have subscribed a couple of months and preordered,  now I think i'll just wait and see.

I'm guessing they didn't do it because they don't think enough Prefs and F2Ps will subscribe to offset the money lost from current subscribers.

Or they plan to simply make it like RotHC one year down the road, and maybe even combine the two: "Subscribe for one month and you get RotHC for free, subscribe for two/three and we'll throw in RoS for free!"

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• theocculttheoccult Member UncommonPosts: 51
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade
    Originally posted by Po_gg
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade
    Originally posted by Po_gg

If anyone of you would be so kind to post a screenshot about the statue on December 2nd, there will be a week-long window of opportunity for preordering. What can I say, I'm a housing addict...

Here you go!

Wow, looks epic!

I thought folks only get it at the early access start (based on the tooltip on the homepage, "proudly display it in your stronghold beginning Dec 2nd"). Actually it's portrayed there too, next to the chart, but I thought it's just a marketing promo, not the actual in-game item... :)

Thanks, the statue alone worths the preorder for me in December.

You thought correctly, I'm not sure where the person who posted the screenshot actually managed to get it.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=767853

I'm assuming it's legit though, or the mods would've already lain the smackdown on the thread, seeing how they are pretty active over on the official boards.

The screenshot of the statue is also shown in the official announcement.
    http://www.swtor.com/shadow-of-revan

In regards to the 12x XP boost, I love how you can now level by solely experiencing the main story line for your character. Zero charge for abilities and piloting, is a nice perk as well!  Glad I pre-ordered!