Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BlizzCon on pay per view

sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
That's right, for the price of $39.99 you can now watch live and I guess virtually be a part of BlizzCon.   Not sure what to say, so I will leave that to all of you. 

Comments

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    Bobby Kotick is going to have to change his sheets after this one goes through....

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454

Lots of gamers will be paying for this of course.

• AlucardlbAlucardlb Member Posts: 83

They have done this every year since the second blizcon i think.

• azonic69azonic69 Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Originally posted by sumdumguy1
    That's right, for the price of $39.99 you can now watch live and I guess virtually be a part of BlizzCon.   Not sure what to say, so I will leave that to all of you. 

This is bad/outrageous how? There's no one forced to pay to watch it, just wait an hour or 2 and see everything for free.

Oh yea that's right, I forgot making money is such an evil, evil thing...

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Nothing really new.

That said what I would say is "Horrible waste of cash" as my response to it.  Virtual viewings of an event meant to basically advertise a companies games always seemed so anti-consumer. I can (to an extent) understand events like Pax were it is a large amount of various things being shown off, but having just a single company just makes me shake my head. Maybe if the price was lower I might be able to see some value in it, but as it stands virtual tickets and the like are just a huge nickle and dime on people who lose out on nearly all of the elements that make attending the event in person worth paying any cash for (advertising as it is, its understandable to charge due to the costs of the venue and actually using it).

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Originally posted by azonic69

This is bad/outrageous how? There's no one forced to pay to watch it, just wait an hour or 2 and see everything for free.

I never said it was bad or outrageous.  I wasn't sure what to say.  Still not sure as I am looking at this from many perspectives but please don't assume or imply my opinion, if your curious or I am not clear,  just ask. 

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144

What is there to say?     

Blizzard views themselves as a product and they just want to capitalize on it.   The only reason we see professional teams playing their games free of charge is because they have deals in place with networks.   I would be willing to bet we would be paying a similar price for a game on sunday if there wasn't such a thing in place.

• AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 940

I could, in principle, see me going to BlizzCon itself, at least such an event is something different, and you can connect it with other things, given that you already made time for the event, and maybe got some friends together etc.

But paying for a stream..not really. Even less so given that the important stuff is either officially released soon after or ends up on Youtube.

That given, i understand why Blizzard does it, and i do watch stuff like Google I/O now and then, so i totally understand why people watch it, just that i don't feel that the stream is worth paying for.

I wonder if "upcoming Blizzard product"  (costume contest) hints at something they have up their sleeves, or if they simply mean WoD. Or any future Blizzard "product", even if it's gonna be years.

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871

Blizzard after your money? who would have thought?

• jdizzle2k13jdizzle2k13 Member UncommonPosts: 251
    Originally posted by azonic69

I never said it was bad or outrageous.  I wasn't sure what to say.  Still not sure as I am looking at this from many perspectives but please don't assume or imply my opinion, if your curious or I am not clear,  just ask. 

People assume because a lot of things posted on forums are negative.

I personally don't care if it's on pay per view.  It's actually a good idea imo.

What do you think?

• HabitualFrogStompHabitualFrogStomp Member UncommonPosts: 370

I'm a bit conflicted by this. I'm not sure who to hate more, Blizzard or the fans who pay money for stupid crap like this.

Since this is the most time I've probably ever spent on either, I guess it doesn't matter much.