Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

With all the buzz about sandbox anymore and Mmorpg.com expanding horizons

CrusadesCrusades Member Posts: 480

I just purchased minecraft yesterday. I had known about it for years now, but never got it. With all the buzz about sandbox anymore though, I wanted to find a decent one to try out. I thought Minecraft, it's been out for a while now , it's probably polished enough for my expectations and so for $28 us , I just purchased my next "it" game.

So I thought also i would come on here and see what reviews mmorpg.com had for this game - I didn't find much to my surprise. I think now that mmorpg.com is expanding horizons, minecraft should get a professional review. I think it has alot to offer our community, especially considering all the changes that have come to minecraft over the past few years.

If your into crafting and harvesting, I don't know if there is a better game. I always thought Minecraft was about crafting structures, but wow was i wrong, it's much more than that.

Comments

• CrusadesCrusades Member Posts: 480
    There is also a dayz like survival mode and the game saves, the exploding zombies have ruined my day a couple times now already.
  • killion81killion81 Member UncommonPosts: 995

I would suggest picking up the Feed the Beast (FTB) launcher or Tekkit launcher.  It will easily mod up the game for you so you can get all sorts of advanced tech/magic.  I'm in the same boat as you.  Just picked the game up a few weeks ago and have been having a great time playing FTB Unleashed.

If anyone has any mod packs to recommend, I'm happy to take suggestions.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

The problem is how do you review a game like Minecraft? Vanilla? Modded?

If modded, with which mods?

Single player? Multiplayer? "MMO"?

I've spent probably over a hundred hours in Minecraft (and that's a lot for a single game for me) and I've always wanted it to be realized as a fully fledged MMO. Landmark seems to be the answer to my prayers, although it's going to take a long time until Landmark is anywhere near the feature pack Minecraft has today.

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    If you like crafting and harvesting be sure to check out Istaria. It's an older game but definitely a crafters paradise. I still to this day wish more games gave you character stats for leveling crafting skills. You should become stronger for mining, shouldn't you? The constant need to balance pvp and dps meters killed our fun!
  • AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Minecraft Vanilla is worth it alone before even attempting to look into the modded scene. Though I play on a server where you don't lose your inventory upon death. Because I'm not that hardcore/masochistic.

It has so much of what MMOs are missing today.