Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BLACK DESERT: 40+ Game Aspects List

Hey guys. Just thought about reposting this reply i wrote a while back, with a few added updates. Reposting it as a main thread topic.

-- -- --

Havent' played BD or AA, but have seen some AA vids, and lots of BD ones, so i will only post about what i (think i) know. I will try to convey my feel towards Black Desert mostly, and not so much a methodical analysis of it. It's worth what it's worth. Feel free to add or correct anything i might have missed or left incomplete.

What's really keeping me on the lookout for Black Desert so far:

1. Graphics

Game has it's own engine. They are beatiful, true eye candy, and though they alone aren't a decisive factor, they sure make me want to explore the world of BD and and feel that immersion.

Graphics are therefore differente from AA, which uses the Cryengine 3.

Dont like how objects seem to pop in and out your screen, which i understand may help performance, but either there should be an option to increse the draw distance and/or to have objects fade, and not pop. I dont like the popping honestly.

2. Environment

Another aspect helping with immersion.

2.1 Day-Night Cycle that actually alters gameplay: new quests become available, different monsters come out at night, some (or most?) nps change or become available/unavailable

2.2 Rain creates puddles of water that remain even after it has stopped rainning, very cool, specially with the graphics and light reflections it looks amazing.

2.3 Parkour system: No more trying to jump over small walls and constantly bumping into them while recognizing that realistically your char could just climb over it. In BD, you do climb walls like that, and buildings from what i've seen. Adds alot to realism and immersion from my perspective.

2.4 Grass actually gets cut down out in the open field as you swing your sword to strike enemies ! Although i dont like how it gets cut down in rather large areas at a time, like you swing with a short sword and suddently a totally unproportional area of grass gets cut down. They should fix this.

3. Combat System

True Action Combat, like TERA. Aim, Dodge, Roll, Strafe, Block, Strike, Cast. Fantastic. Your skills will matter.

These are the main aspects for me right now. Here are some other aspects of the game (likely incomplete list):

4. 8 (or 9) Classes to Explore: Warrior, Valkyrie, Sorceress, Wizard, Giant, Archer Female, Archer Male(?), Tamer, Blader

5. Skill Tree/Customization: From what i've seen the skill tree is big and allows for some nice skill custumization (further that TERA's it seems)

6. 8000+ Quests just added for CBT3

7. Variety of instanced & open-world dungeons

8. Open World PvP: PKrs get penalties for killing players

9. Siege/Castles PvPing and GvG

10. Different types of guilds:Trading and Battle specialized

11. Guild Skillpoints

12. Conquest System: Taking control of regions and regulating taxes for those regions, etc

13. Weapon and Armor Enhancing System: Much like Tera's +1, +2 ,+3, etc,., system. Havent heard about stat rerolling though.

14. Weapon and Armor Socketing

15. Field Bosses, Summoned Bosses, Quest/Mission Bosses

16. Mounted Combat

17. Knowledge/Wiki System: NPC interactions are made interesting. Minigames with NPCS become available according to the knowledge you gather around the world (like exploring areas gives you knowledge about those areas, fighting different monsters gives you knowledge about that, or advancing on your crafts, reading books, knowing NPCs, etc). Different NPCs are interested in different topics and you must have gathered sufficient knowledge points (regariding certain topics of interest) to interact with them and acess the. These minigames increse the intimacy level with the NPCS and provided you get to certain levels, these NPCS will make certain bonuses available to you, like buffs. Not sure if there are item rewards, havent looked into it that deep. You also can acess to the knowledge you gathered in form of an ingame Wikipedia.

18. Reputation System: You aqquire reputation points within regions (camps, villages, towns, etc) you visit, that allow you to spend them in order to unlock mining areas within those regions, paths that connect those regions to other regions and outposts (so you can send caravans with your items accross regions, i think), etc.

19. Resource Gathering System: Mining, Skinning, Sap Extracting, Wood Choping, Harvesting - Some resources you can gather yourself, other times you can hire and send NPCS

20. Crafting System: 5 crafts;  Has depth all right, from gathering, to processing, to crafting. Crafting Skills

21. Non-centralized Auction House System: Different AH's are not connected; There are even other places to sell your stuff to players

22. Hybrid Housing System: Instanced and non-instanced player housing. Can even convert houses into craft shops, storages, etc;

23. Tent System: Can use tents throughout the world, plant your own seeds and harvest fruits and vegetables;

24. Mount Taming;

25. Mount Training;

26. Cow Milking;

27. NPC Pickpocket;

28. Flute playing minigame;

29. Fishing;

30. Pigeon Shooting;

31. Armor Dyeing;

32. Weapon and Armor appearance remodeling;

33. Pets;

34. Upcoming Naval System: There are plans to implement a Naval Transportation and Combat System - "Yes naval transportation and combat will be present in Black Desert Online,";  "Players will be able to control boats and ships and depending on the kind of naval unit, there will be the possibility to board it with more than one person.";

35. Complex and extensive Character customization menu: You can literally spend hours just creating a char. They say you can make it look like you...

36. Voice Acting: Have seen some voice acting being implemented on this last 3rd CBT, unsure if they will add more of it

37. Mount Costumization: Have seen players pimp up their horses, equipping amazing mirroring armors on them that were actually reflecting the sorrounding environment

38. Resource/Crafting Wiki/Tracking: Menu you can acess that has submenuns and detailed info on gathering and crafting mats and where to get them.

39. NPC Tracking: Tired of looking for an NPC for a quest ? Cant find a specific merchant? Just type in the name of the NPC and you can track him/her ingame.

What i'm unsure about is the storyline... a game like this has to have a compelling storyline and i really hope they come up with a fantastic one to keep us interested enough. I'm guessing the 8000 quests just added may have something to do with that. Looking forward to it.

Am unsure about genderlock and how it may impact the game, considering the whole lot this game already has to offer.

This is just my own opinion and appreciation of the game. Needless to say i'm hyped up, kind of like this:

Happy playing, whichever mmo you are into.

Comments

• BlaedusBlaedus Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Title says "40+ Game Aspects"...

Post only lists 37...

That aside, I'm also excited for the game

• Tindale111Tindale111 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    customer creation looks fantastic and game sounds great but when are we likely to see it in the UK and USA ?
  • BugamisBugamis Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by Blaedus
    Title says "40+ Game Aspects"...

Post only lists 37...

That aside, I'm also excited for the game

Indeed, you can take 2.1 to 2.4 as 4 separate aspects (specially the day-night cycle  and how it affects gameplay and the parkour system), even though they may fall (i decided to put them) into 1 category only.

Will most likely add some more aspects soon, as soon asi remember them or someone eles points them out.

Cheers

• BugamisBugamis Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by Tindale111
    customer creation looks fantastic and game sounds great but when are we likely to see it in the UK and USA ?

People are saying late 2015, early 2016.... Oh well...

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235
    Originally posted by Bugamis
    Originally posted by Tindale111

People are saying late 2015, early 2016.... Oh well...

remember when we had to wait 4 years for AA to be finally release? pepperidge farm remembers..

that aside, it will come, we have all endured the waiting game in this new era of game development, patience! :D

So What Now?

• HikaruShidouHikaruShidou Member UncommonPosts: 163
    Originally posted by DMKano

wonder how players will react to entirety of combat coming down to

WASD + Tab QEF shift/space 

and left/right mouse click

that's it - all the combos are done using combinations of the above keys.

Here's a screenshot of combat overlay keys:

Here's a video where you can see what key presses execute combos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ixcZ6MEXDI

Nothing bad about that, Vindictus was the same way and people loved it. 

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,855

wonder how players will react to entirety of combat coming down toWASD + Tab QEF shift/space 

Wonder how people will react to entirety of combat being fun and exciting.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Hopefully Black Desert will offer (Unlimited Character Customization Aspect) as a (FREE) feature without asking players to buy Plastic Surgery Tickets, or pay Gems like in (Arche Age) as this is one of the main reasons I just skipped over Arche Age didn't even bother to play when the game launched because not only do they want us to Subscribe, but Subscribers should get (Free Customization.) With the Exception of (Additional DLC Content.) Like additional (Hair / Dye Packs) which have to be purchased being being able to use them and such similar to Rift if Black Desert offers this when I might actually play the game and recommend it to friends if not I am just skipping over the game as well and waiting for something better.

Just because a game has 40 different things you can do in the game or, good graphics doesn't make the game any good to me being able to freely live in the game customize character when I choose after buying (DLC) Packs, or with a (Paid Subscription) is part of what keeps the game Real for me as to me there is no point in playing any MMO today that doesn't offer this type of content, or Double Charges people with Subscription Benefits + Having to pay more money for respec or to edit a characters appearance.

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

Can i rebind left and right mouse clicks to like 1 and 2?

I don't like mouse clicking for abilities.

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Originally posted by Alders

Can i rebind left and right mouse clicks to like 1 and 2?

I don't like mouse clicking for abilities.

I feel the opposite.  I love the Tera combat system.  I think Wildstar would of been a lot better with Tera/BD combat system for example.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,855

Originally posted by Xiaoki   Originally posted by DMKano wonder how players will react to entirety of combat coming down to   WASD + Tab QEF shift/space 
    That will depend on each person.

To some holding down W and hitting left click 80% of the time is not all that much fun.

To others - it's gonna be crazy fun.

We're all different.

Ah, yes, the classic "over simplification" argument. Well done.

Why not take it further and say - To some hitting keys on the keyboard 100% of the time is not all that much fun.

• BlaedusBlaedus Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Originally posted by Xiaoki

Originally posted by Xiaoki   Originally posted by DMKano wonder how players will react to entirety of combat coming down to   WASD + Tab QEF shift/space 

To some holding down W and hitting left click 80% of the time is not all that much fun.

We're all different.

Ah, yes, the classic "over simplification" argument. Well done.

Why not take it further and say - To some hitting keys on the keyboard 100% of the time is not all that much fun.

I really dislike when someone can't come up with a good counter argument and instead just exaggerates a reply to make it seem stupid.

What DMKano said is absolutely true, but instead of just agreeing with his comment, you sought to mock it. It always throws me for a loop when someone can't just admit if someone else has a point.
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Xiaoki

wonder how players will react to entirety of combat coming down to

WASD + Tab QEF shift/space 

We're all different.

See what you did there ?

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    If they don't improve the popins and draw distance I won't play, but really like a lot of the features so let's see what happens :-). Being beta I'm sure the draw distance will improve, right? :-)

There Is Always Hope!