Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

sony xperia z3 ,ps4 ,1080i and invariant tsc!

drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
Ok planning on buying a xperia z3 since user can game ps4 game remotly,2question :does ps4 and z3 support 1080i?if they do,is a form of invariant tsc used (since there is no use gaming in 1080i if invariant tsc isnt being used (it just look plain awfull without invariant tsc))ty for help.

Comments

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378

You're looking for a very high level feature which isn't published in documents intended for consumer viewing.  Your best bet would be to acquire some developer documentation for the device.

It probably wouldn't make a difference how they implement time synchronization as long as they do it well.  The least predictable factor in the system is the wireless connection between your device and your router.  Latencies will vary far more in a WiFi connection than an internal clock that the devices use.

It looks like you don't need a Sony device to use Remote Play...

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/sony-ps4-remote-play-available-all-android-devices-including-sony-xperia-z1-1466607

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

I found this quote from a some guy on another forum that may help clear up the issue, he says all computers are good to go:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=381407

Although, the guy got banned from those forums, so idk if I would believe it or not.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    Ty for info ,and your right,it doesnt need .to be ipnvariant tsc per say ,its just that its the only name i know,i know linux fixed this about same time as window(window 8)but i aint too knowing on console.i just know this fixed all the timing issue i had on windows.i didnt notice it was such a biggy till i had it .ty again .i ll try to find sony white paper on the ps4 maybe they can say.
  • jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237
    Originally posted by Ridelynn

I found this quote from a some guy on another forum that may help clear up the issue, he says all computers are good to go:

Although, the guy got banned from those forums, so idk if I would believe it or not.

That was good, I must say

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Doing that here would make it less fun to log in. It's like opening birthday presents from someone you never met who lives in Japan and likes to shop their vending machines.. 

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams

Originally posted by Grunty
    Doing that here would make it less fun to log in. It's like opening birthday presents from someone you never met who lives in Japan and likes to shop their vending machines.. 

IKR - totally agree with you there. These posts are 90% of the reason I hang out here. Nothing at all wrong with them, or him.

Yep!i was banned on guru3d,also on overclock.net ,but it wasnt because i was a troll,it was because i couldnt properly write,and those that banned?arent there anymore,so who is the troll.only thing it achieved is less view ,since most dont answer basic oneoone question
    How youbadly write?simple,use android ,use more then one keyboard corrector and then write say in french with english corrector on or vice versa.yep noob mistake ,i wish those corrector asked wich to use each time,it would be simpler (not an issue if you use only english)

To actually answer your question:

Invariant TSC is a CPU timer. The OS can use it for timing things. If you were using a software-based display driver, it could be used for clock timings.

But most video output devices have their own hardware timer for display output timing, as part of their output interface package (the video card's physical outputs). The display driver will then use that hardware-level timer for driving the display, the CPU timers aren't used at all.

So... the phone will have it's own built-in display driver as part of the Snapdragon/Adreno SOI package. Sony will have their own controller to drive whatever display they put in that. It drives at the display native resolution 1080, progressive scan (most PC/PC-based devices are progressive because it's better and they can). The PS4 has a hardware output driver that runs the output of their GPU to the HDMI port on the back.

The only reason you would use interlacing would be for bandwidth concerns. LCDs can't even really display interlaced signals natively, it originated with the CRT electron gun scan pattern across the phosphor screen. The bandwidth-saving is why it's so popular in Cable/Satellite distribution - You can get 2 HD channel if they are interlaced over the same amount of bandwidth as a single progressive scan channel, so you can pack more channels on your service.

For live streaming over the internet: that deals mostly with higher levels of compression, resolution capping, and capping frame rates. PCs very, very rarely use interleaving anymore.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Just to comment on your original OP.

The Playstation App only supports "Second Screen".

Playstation 4 "Remote Play" is reserved strictly for the PS Vita handheld console.

Originally posted by JeroKane
    Just to comment on your original OP.The Playstation App only supports "Second Screen".Playstation 4 "Remote Play" is reserved strictly for the PS Vita handheld console.

And Sony's new phones - DrBaltazar appears to be correct about that:

http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/3/6097257/sonys-xperia-z3-and-z3-compact-ps4-remote-play

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

Playstation 4 "Remote Play" is reserved strictly for the PS Vita handheld console.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/3/6097257/sonys-xperia-z3-and-z3-compact-ps4-remote-play

Interesting.

I own a PS4 and just not sure why I would play it on my phone instead of on my TV if you have to be on the same wifi network.

• KilraneKilrane Member UncommonPosts: 322
    Originally posted by jdnewell

Interesting.

I own a PS4 and just not sure why I would play it on my phone instead of on my TV if you have to be on the same wifi network.

The wife is watching her favorite show in the den, kids have taken over the spare TV. I can see where streaming PS4 games on a Vita or through your Sony phone can come in handy. 

Originally posted by Kilrane
    Originally posted by jdnewell Originally posted by Ridelynn   Originally posted by JeroKane Just to comment on your original OP.   The Playstation App only supports "Second Screen". Playstation 4 "Remote Play" is reserved strictly for the PS Vita handheld console.
      And Sony's new phones - DrBaltazar appears to be correct about that: http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/3/6097257/sonys-xperia-z3-and-z3-compact-ps4-remote-play
    Interesting. I own a PS4 and just not sure why I would play it on my phone instead of on my TV if you have to be on the same wifi network.
    The wife is watching her favorite show in the den, kids have taken over the spare TV. I can see where streaming PS4 games on a Vita or through your Sony phone can come in handy. 

Yeah, I play more games on the WiiU using just the handheld than I do actually turning on the TV. It's pretty handy, especially if I'm just trying to kill 15-20 minutes while the kid gets ready for bed (and I don't want him staring at my game rather than brushing his teeth).