Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Surprised

JunglecharlyJunglecharly Member UncommonPosts: 167

This is my first account and post in Mmorpg forums. After being a chronic lurker for so many years i just had to post something about Neverwinter.

I really find it enjoyable, well written, nice combat system and roles, exceptional ost and ambience. The community at the moment as far as i've seen is not that trollish as in other games of the sort. It really reminds me of Neverwinter nights sometimes. The voice acting is decent and keeps me interested. 

Many faults and problems in the game with the cash shop and the fully instanced world but i am used to that sort of thing from the single player Neverwinter games.  

This is not a promotional post and the proof is how badly written it is. I am just a regular mmo player jumping from game to game surprised that neverwinter is my cup of tea.

Am i the only one who thinks this game is underrated?

Comments

• AthisarAthisar Member UncommonPosts: 666

I think most people have an issue with end game content (basically just daily quest grinding) but I've not got that far. I've got a level 20something cleric and levelling up it's fun. The graphics are good, the performance is good, there's plenty to do.

People have very low opinions on Perfect World Entertainment being completely P2W, but in this game I haven't seen it yet.

I'd disagree on the voice acting. Compared to SWTOR and ESO it's poor. Especially Knox, that actor is absolutely terrible and you have to listen to him the most.

One thing I don't like is the fixed camera view. I don't know why it's there. I gather you can change it to some degree with console commands, but why go against what people have in almost every other game? It also tends to limit the view of things, meaning you don't get to see what are actually high quality textures mostly.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

It has a lot of flaws, but it can be quite entertaining for a while.

I revisit it from time to time until I get bored again. (Or annoyed by the blatant tactics it uses to try to get into your wallet)

I never last long on extremely grindy games, and Neverwinter definitely falls into this category?

Want to upgrade a companion to a higher rank? Better start farming like a madman for days or weeks on end (depending on the companion's rank), or you can just pay for it. Same thing with mounts and just about everything else.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

Originally posted by Athisar

I'd disagree on the voice acting. Compared to SWTOR and ESO it's poor. Especially Knox, that actor is absolutely terrible and you have to listen to him the most.

It's pretty shabby compared to most MMO's with voice acting. GW2, TSW and Defiance also blow it out of the water. (Along with the ones you mentioned of course)

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

• BalianWolfieBalianWolfie Member UncommonPosts: 240

No way Jose. It's not a bad game, but the publisher thou..

It's just a totally P2W game and you have to continuous pay to catch up with the content. The update on enchante upgrade (requiring AS, I played it long time ago where enchante upgrade didn't need AS) is the greatest greedy move on them, making the game completely P2W. Out of all honesty, with my 300 or more dropped into the game, I didn't feel any satisfaction but the despair that I will never catch up with this community and no way like in WoW, where you could actually catch up with core endgame players by lots of, say, flexi or even random.

Good game, bad quick money grab module.

• Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731

Originally posted by BalianWolfie
    No way Jose. It's not a bad game, but the publisher thou..It's just a totally P2W game and you have to continuous pay to catch up with the content. The update on enchante upgrade (requiring AS, I played it long time ago where enchante upgrade didn't need AS) is the greatest greedy move on them, making the game completely P2W. Out of all honesty, with my 300 or more dropped into the game, I didn't feel any satisfaction but the despair that I will never catch up with this community and no way like in WoW, where you could actually catch up with core endgame players by lots of, say, flexi or even random.  Good game, bad quick money grab module.

ive come back after a year off and am catching up quickly. i work full time and take care of twins so im a casual player not hours and hours a day kinda guy.

you catch up in wow cus they give you epics just for logging in. you earn your gear in NW. big difference. and i havent spent a dime since coming back.

Originally posted by silverreign

Originally posted by BalianWolfie
    No way Jose. It's not a bad game, but the publisher thou..

It's just a totally P2W game and you have to continuous pay to catch up with the content. The update on enchante upgrade (requiring AS, I played it long time ago where enchante upgrade didn't need AS) is the greatest greedy move on them, making the game completely P2W. Out of all honesty, with my 300 or more dropped into the game, I didn't feel any satisfaction but the despair that I will never catch up with this community and no way like in WoW, where you could actually catch up with core endgame players by lots of, say, flexi or even random.

Good game, bad quick money grab module.

ive come back after a year off and am catching up quickly. i work full time and take care of twins so im a casual player not hours and hours a day kinda guy.

you catch up in wow cus they give you epics just for logging in. you earn your gear in NW. big difference. and i havent spent a dime since coming back.

It's fine as long as you're not too obsessed with the end-game gear grind. Which, fortunately for me, I'm not. image

• leafwolfleafwolf Member Posts: 3
    Wait for it, you'll level up quickly but wait til you try to get in IWD (icewind dale) got to have the gear score and waaaiiiit yo have to have "2" characters with GS high enough to get in IWD to do the artifact quest. LOL I been playing over a year and they gave become greed monsters baby. So youcan either level up to 60 start a new char and do it all again or PAAAAYYYYY!!!! Mu hah hah haaaaa
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Animations... :(

Game breaker for me.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Originally posted by Gdemami

Animations... :(

Game breaker for me.

Well they are still better then TSW =P

This have been a good conversation

• NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815
    The game is just too easy. When I play a game for the first time up to level 30  without being killed, there is something wrong.  Just not challenging. 
  • TineaTinea Member UncommonPosts: 86

I stopped playing when I got a "loot" drop that was a cash shop coupon that expired in a few hours.  That was a first for me in any game.

Combat isn't bad but all other actions outside of combat feel more like I'm playing a phone app game than a D&D related game.

• SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560
    Originally posted by NomadMorlock
    The game is just too easy. When I play a game for the first time up to level 30  without being killed, there is something wrong.  Just not challenging. 

Me too.  I revisit Neverwinter every five or six months, but my stay is never more than a few days.  Nice game to visit.

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA