Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

D&D Online or NeverWinter Nights 2?

Which sounds like its more fun?

I'd have to say Neverwinter Nights 2 because I love the campaign editor on it :D

i play on australian servers because racism is acceptable there

Comments

• KrisppKrispp Member Posts: 13
    Definitly NWN2, that is sooo much more like D&D than DDO is anyway, go figure.
  • panjitpanjit Member Posts: 153

I'd even pick the first NWN over D&D online, especially with the whealth of downloadable campaigns, mods etc.

• voodookhanvoodookhan Member Posts: 267

Option 3: Both.

NWN 2 appeals to me because of it's single player aspects. The downloadable campaigns are great, but they are not the main reason why I play.

D&D Online is just a straight up love/hate relationship with a lot of people. There are people like me who really enjoy this game, and admit to there being room for improvement, but are still more than willing the pay to play. There are other people who just absolutely hate the game from top to bottom. /shrug

--------------
    Played: Age of Conan, DDO, Saga of Ryzom, SWG, DaOC, MxO, EQ2, and so on...
    Wish List: Jumpgate Evolution, Star Wars: TOR, Star Trek

• haylenhaylen Member Posts: 106

i will go for NWN 2, Bioware has done great work and has proven it's quality over the past 10 years. Loyal fan to the Baldurs Gate series, as well as NWN. Besides, i've played the D&DO beta, really, it's just horrible, instanced dungeons, and quests that bring you to another instanced dungeons, that's it, sorry, but i'll stick with a great developped campaign from NWN.

I have a tree, a tree that's in my garde, but my garden's too small for the tree, so the tree is in my house, that means i don't have a house .... who am i anyway?

• airtrooperairtrooper Member Posts: 78

Have to go with d&d online here. I found nwn1 makes a good single player game but just felt like diablo with d&d rules when i tried to play it online. The average person is nowhere near as good at making content as the professianal is. Who cares if you get 1000s of quests if they are all crap. I will take the 130 professional ones in d&d online.

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Well if NWN2 is anything near as good as it looks, it will be far better then D&D online. (IMHO) Why? Because the Graphic should be close to what an MMORPG is. All the exsisting content that has been created by the community should transfer over which is literally more stuff then you could ever hope to finish. (not to sure on how easily this will happen but they claim it will) There are many high quality persistant worlds out there already that are far better then most MMORPGs, and there is a fairly easy to use toolset / editor so you can build whatever you want if you dont like what you find. D&D (GW with no teeth) is pre-made, instanced dungeons. You get more content when the devs get around to doing it. Looking at Turbines track record, I wouldn't get to excited.

So my vote goes to NWN2.

• RattrapRattrap Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,599

Is this some kind of trick question ::::02::

NWN 2 ::::28::::::28::::::28::

"Before this battle is over all the world will know that few...stood against many." - King Leonidas

• VayleVayle Member Posts: 127
    Is D&D online really as bad as allot of people are saying? If so.. that's really sad. I use to love that game.
  • voodookhanvoodookhan Member Posts: 267

Originally posted by Vayle
    Is D&D online really as bad as allot of people are saying? If so.. that's really sad. I use to love that game.

For the record, I really like the game. I think the reviews/previews that MMORPG.com has had on the game have been pretty much dead on IMHO. The MMORPG forum posts on average have been really negative about the game, and even though I do agree with some of the gripes I definitely don't agree with most of them.

--------------
    Played: Age of Conan, DDO, Saga of Ryzom, SWG, DaOC, MxO, EQ2, and so on...
    Wish List: Jumpgate Evolution, Star Wars: TOR, Star Trek

• lyonman24lyonman24 Member Posts: 855

honestly do you want a MMO or a single player game? thats the question cause nwn2 is not a mmo.

ita like saying i wish a bannana was a orange.

• DarkJaceDarkJace Member CommonPosts: 65

NWN2 all the way. Some of the multiplayer mods for the original were just awesome, same goes for singleplayer. DDO just wasn't my thing anyway.

---------------------------------------------------------------
    WoW: Lamere, 70 Paladin on Jaedenar (retired)

DAoC: Cadore Ironmace, 50 Cleric (retired)

SWG: Dolthin Erid, Master CH/Master Pistoleer (NGE'd)

Waiting for: Warhammer Online/Age of Conan