Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I like the premise of EVE, but...

2»

Comments

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by Arclan

Originally posted by PioneerStew
    ...combat involves little-to-no real-time skill or involvement, it is more the battle of the spreadsheets.

Agreed. And I wish weapons had firing arcs. Right now you can fire all weapons in any direction.

From a gameplay point of view, yeah, it would add some depth. On the realism side though any SciFi game that has limited aiming firering ark just really havent been paying attention to modern weapons systems. I just lol at dogfighting games in space. As if...

• SoandsosoSoandsoso Member Posts: 533
    Originally posted by hfztt
    Originally posted by Arclan

Originally posted by PioneerStew
    ...combat involves little-to-no real-time skill or involvement, it is more the battle of the spreadsheets.

Agreed. And I wish weapons had firing arcs. Right now you can fire all weapons in any direction.

From a gameplay point of view, yeah, it would add some depth. On the realism side though any SciFi game that has limited aiming firering ark just really havent been paying attention to modern weapons systems. I just lol at dogfighting games in space. As if...

Realism......let me know when you upload the vid of you two fighting in space ships.

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

I totally agree with the OP. I'm playing Eve Online until Elite: Dangerous comes out.

The biggest difference between the 2 games is that the long journeys in Eve are boring, whereas in  E:D many exciting things happen during journeys.