Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's your longest gaming marathon?

ArclanArclan Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

For me, it's 36 hours. Playing Everquest, of course. After work Friday (6pm), I played until Sunday morning. 36 hours straight. Hey I just realized this means I was awake for 48 hours straight. (8am Friday til 8am Sunday).

Luckily, i don't need you to like me to enjoy video games. -nariusseldon.
In F2P I think it's more a case of the game's trying to play the player's. -laserit

Comments

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    Played cata at launch 16 hours straight 5 days in a row. Was great because it actually felt good to do the dungeons, especially since everyone was complaining about the difficulty, some guild mates and I actually got to formulate plans of attack before all the youtube how to's arrived.
  • BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    for me proly someth between 36-48 hrs playing mozart mud
  • sirphobossirphobos Member UncommonPosts: 620
    Everquest - Plane of Sky raid for Warrior and Magician epic pieces when it was still current content. I believe we started at 6 am on Saturday and made it to the seventh island around midnight, which we came back and cleared the next day, so approximately 18 hours. We had a few 30 minute breaks that day for food, but it was mostly non stop the whole day.
  • yyiriyyiri Member UncommonPosts: 35
    DAoC. 2 nights without sleep. Finally managed to get my L40 elf nightshade into a fins group and just main pulled till I felt physically sick. Ended at 48 or so. This was classic on MLF
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130

I was a little under a day (22 hours or so) on WoW when I returned and got a new account for Wotlk. Had to level up my toons!!!! Lol.

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    I dont think iv ever gone more than 12 hours in any game.  Anything more than 8 hours for me starts to get nausating and i start getting kind of bugged eyed or dazed, Im not even enjoying the game anymore just kind of mindlessly  hitting keys....
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

22 hours in EQ back in 2000

on a unsuccessful mob camp of the Ancient Cyclops

-- boring and annoying image

• PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603

Knight Online

24 hours of experiencing to get my last .05% to hit max level. It was fulfilling.

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Originally posted by Nadia

-- boring and annoying image

I helped my friend camp the ancient cyclops for the jboots quest back in the day. Luckily I had a ranger so I was able to use my tracking to find it before anyone else could.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

A bit over 18 hours in Lineage 2001, I noticed how much more fun my broadband made MMOs (compared to M59 on a modem) so I was completely stuck for 6 weeks after I just quit my old job and before I got a new one. Played 12 hours each day for that time but I really felt like crap after a while.

Lately it is 14 hours or so in Heroes 5 and Age of Wonders 3. those turned based games are dangerous, I have far easier keeping track of time in MMOs.

Usually though I play 12 hours or around it each week unless something good comes out (Like that new AoW3 expansion).

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    FFXI, 35h~ ....was insane

never again , if i tried now i will probably fall sleep at keyb lol
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Originally posted by Arclan
    For me, it's 36 hours. Playing Everquest, of course. After work Friday (6pm), I played until Sunday morning. 36 hours straight. Hey I just realized this means I was awake for 48 hours straight. (8am Friday til 8am Sunday).
    That is pretty much close to mine, too. EQ over a weekend (not the WHOLE weekend), Saturday morning through Sunday evening.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    Probably about three hours, and almost certainly less than four.  I don't understand how people can sit and play games for 12 hours at a time.  I don't mean in the sense of "I don't have time for that", but in the sense of "I couldn't physically do that".  Kind of like I don't understand how people can run a marathon in the sense of 26.2 miles.  For me, at about the one hour mark or so, I feel like it's time to log off and do something else.
  • sacredfoolsacredfool Member UncommonPosts: 849
    About 12 hours? Maybe, I didn't keep track.

Originally posted by nethaniah

Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.

• SuperNickSuperNick Member UncommonPosts: 460
    Originally posted by Quizzical
    Probably about three hours, and almost certainly less than four.  I don't understand how people can sit and play games for 12 hours at a time.  I don't mean in the sense of "I don't have time for that", but in the sense of "I couldn't physically do that".  Kind of like I don't understand how people can run a marathon in the sense of 26.2 miles.  For me, at about the one hour mark or so, I feel like it's time to log off and do something else.

I guess that's the thing that separates a passion vs something you enjoy. I enjoy cooking but no way could I see myself being a chef and doing it for long hours.

I'm very passionate about games so for me I end up sitting there for 8 hours then looking at the clock and saying "damn wasn't it 2pm a minute ago"

I've never really done any sleep deprivation in the name of games though beyond 14-16 hours. I used to do the 12 hours on 6 hours off sorta routine with MMOs but not so much these days as I get older and life demands more of my time. :P

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430

About 26 hours i think..

Was farming arcane crystals in WoW for my flawless arcanite rifle. I started 9 am. on sat morning and at noon on sunday my friend called and wanted to visit me..

• xanthmetisxanthmetis Member UncommonPosts: 141
    I got a little silly during a beta event for a game and stayed up for 67 hours but I did  take two one hour naps.... I wont do that again... But there were many  times where I would play released games for 20 hours each day of the weekend, I thought that was normal... isnt it?
  • ArclanArclan Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Originally posted by Nadia

-- boring and annoying

Nadia, bummer!

I wish I could say my marathon was for something big. But it was a few things.

1. A marathon EQ session followed by
    2. an epic CR of my eighth level corpse, followed by
    3. gaming with the new druid friend (Whyye) who spent hours and a few deaths helping me with CR.

/queue violin

Whyye shaped how I would live my EQ life henceforth; and I strove to emulate his good character, his generosity, and his inner strength. His loyalty was only matched by his patience, and too, his ferocity when dealing with rude players. Gnarg (troll shaman) was another player who had a profound impact on how I viewed the game. These two stand out by far; but there were many more.

Another EQ friend who is still today a RL friend (Hadwin) told me the long tale of how a friendly gnome necro (Duister) spent all day and a few deaths helping with CR in Split Paw. Hadwin, too, was lured to far away lands by others with the promise of adventure and treasure; and, too, had no hope of finding his corpse until a friendly stranger offered to help.

/end violin

Luckily, i don't need you to like me to enjoy video games. -nariusseldon.
    In F2P I think it's more a case of the game's trying to play the player's. -laserit

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Don't know, don't care, don't keep track. Not important.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    I Would say around 18-20 hours in ww2online, we The germans had to make a push and grab as many towns as possible and rout some french divisions so we could win that map campaign.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• DzoneDzone Member UncommonPosts: 371

Back then I was playing ffxi when I got home from work at 730 am, if I was off the next night I would stay on until 10-11pm the following night. At that point I would always be very tired and would crash for the night. So around 14-15 hour's 2 days a week.

Nowadays after like around 6 hours I hafta take a long break if its my night off. Watch tv, browse the internet, but eventually go back to it again.

Come to think of it, after all these years I still have the same time frame, wonder why I can't play for very long sessions if I'm off from work the following night while playing ffxiv, like I did in ffxi....

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    Originally posted by Grunty
    Don't know, don't care, don't keep track. Not important.

same.

"Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• UsualSuspectUsualSuspect Member UncommonPosts: 1,243
    I remember one 26 hour session, but I might have done more when camping rare mobs for my old Monk epic. I remember logging on at around 8am, played through the day with a few breaks for food and whatnot, then late at night I get asked by the guild to go raiding, so I figured it wouldn't be too long so off I went. 8 hours later we were still at it and I eventually ended up going to bed around 10-11am the next day.
  • TashtigoWSTashtigoWS Member Posts: 4
    think it was 3 days straight. opening the AQ gates on spinebreaker server (I think)... was on acid so I don't remember all the deets. loved it tho xD
  • RhinotonesRhinotones Member UncommonPosts: 250
    Arrived home from work Friday evening. Wife had left for weekend away with sister. Played til midday Sunday then slept for a few hours before she returned. Pretty sad when I look back at it...but I'd do it again with my old WoW friends.