Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll Single biggest problem with TSW

Okay taking the list that was developed overwhelmingly by player posts in this thread http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/421587/What-Killed-The-Secret-World.html Condensing it down to just the problems that are present in the game and condensing that down further so it can fit the choices available for the poll.    What is currently TSW's biggest problem. The thing that makes you just walk away from it.

Well I can't seem to get the poll to insert so I'll just post the list of current problems

1) Buggy software/ missing features/ bad ui also include poor performance here

2) Lack of content/ lack of updates/ small zones

3) Badly done combat system / Poor combat animations

4) Bad/nonexistent endgame

5) Bad community

6) Ugly characters/ Lack of character customization

7) Nonexistent crafting system

8) No player housing

9) Bad travel system

10) No personal choices in the story line

Who knows maybe Funcom will actually try to fix one of these.

Edit: YAY the poll actually inserted.

Comments

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    For me it is the combat.   The story and questing are top notch, perhaps best or near the top in all current MMOs.  Game has a great look.   It is just that darn bland, frustrating combat.  I would love to be playing this game!
  • marsmercermarsmercer Member UncommonPosts: 26

The inability to acquire a reasonable nickname. I simply couldn't get invested for that very reason. Call me shallow.

They could give us an individual chat handle or free-up inactive names or allow that the first name+nick name+last name be original to each character as a combination. 

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Somebody is really upset with The Secret World for some reason.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• NemeisMercNemeisMerc Member Posts: 36
    Originally posted by lizardbones

Well I am sure that's true of somebody but my anger with the secret world is at the same level as my anger at the election outcomes in Uzbekistan. Non existent.

• GrumpyHobbitGrumpyHobbit Member RarePosts: 1,220
    Originally posted by NemeisMerc

Well I am sure that's true of somebody but my anger with the secret world is at the same level as my anger at the election outcomes in Uzbekistan. Non existent.

Your constant posts putting the game down trying to get a rise from people that like the game is obvious.

You have definitely focused the bulk of your account's posts on The Secret World.  You also seem determined to make sure that everyone knows the game has issues.  As soon as one thread is locked, this one pops up.  There is a definite pattern here.  Is it fueled by anger or disappointment? 

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517

My choice: Refuse to buy it before I can try it out.

I got into the beta for the game years ago but I was still on my bad PC, and it couldn't run it.

If they ever go F2P or something I'll try it out, until then, nope lol.

When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • kicjazkicjaz Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Originally posted by OhhPaigey

I got into the beta for the game years ago but I was still on my bad PC, and it couldn't run it.

Not like there are free trial key all over the place.

You have definitely focused the bulk of your account's posts on The Secret World.  You also seem determined to make sure that everyone knows the game has issues.  As soon as one thread is locked, this one pops up.  There is a definite pattern here.  Is it fueled by anger or disappointment? 

Oh come on now, I have only had an account for a week, it's a little silly to suggest my first topic is my focus.

I had always planned to take the user input from the first thread and turn it into a poll. It's simply the next logical step.

OFC jumping to conclusions based on nonexistent data is not nearly as odd as suggesting that anyone who doesn't share is your views is either angry or disappointed. In my case it's simple interest and curiosity.

You do make me want to ask more questions though. 

If the game is so great why are people so defensive about it and unable to rationally discuss it's problems ? 

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    Originally posted by kicjaz

Do you have a link for a trial or something? I'm not going to sit around forums begging for a key, last I checked there wasn't any official trial thing or anything on their website, but I haven't been following the game at all, so.

When all is said and done, more is always said than done.

Oh come on now, I have only had an account for a week, it's a little silly to suggest my first topic is my focus.

I had always planned to take the user input from the first thread and turn it into a poll. It's simply the next logical step.

OFC jumping to conclusions based on nonexistent data is not nearly as odd as suggesting that anyone who doesn't share is your views is either angry or disappointed. In my case it's simple interest and curiosity.

If the game is so great why are people so defensive about it and unable to rationally discuss it's problems ? 

The focus of your posts has overwhelmingly been in threads critical of TSW.  They are threads you started.  These threads aren't "discuss TSW", they are topics such as "What Killed TSW" and this one, "What is the biggest problem".  It is a pretty consistent pattern.  Unless or until that pattern changes, I think it is very fair to say that your focus is "being critical of TSW" and you are pretty dedicated to that topic.

People aren't usually this critical of games for no reason.  You could certainly be an exception, but it seems unlikely.  So why such a dedicated focus on being critical of TSW?  What did Funcom do?

Please note, I haven't defended TSW in this topic.  I don't know why people defend the game.  I imagine it is related in some way to the reasons people feel the need to be critical of some games.

What the heck.  User reviews on Steam are "Very Positive".

The focus of your posts has overwhelmingly been in threads critical of TSW.  They are threads you started.  These threads aren't "discuss TSW", they are topics such as "What Killed TSW" and this one, "What is the biggest problem".  It is a pretty consistent pattern.  Unless or until that pattern changes, I think it is very fair to say that your focus is "being critical of TSW" and you are pretty dedicated to that topic.

People aren't usually this critical of games for no reason.  You could certainly be an exception, but it seems unlikely.  So why such a dedicated focus on being critical of TSW?  What did Funcom do?

Please note, I haven't defended TSW in this topic.  I don't know why people defend the game.  I imagine it is related in some way to the reasons people feel the need to be critical of some games.

If you are performing an autopsy, how cheerful the corpse was in life is hardly relevant. 

You might as well brand me a murderer because I like thrillers.

Do you have a link for a trial or something? I'm not going to sit around forums begging for a key, last I checked there wasn't any official trial thing or anything on their website, but I haven't been following the game at all, so.

If you have a Steam account you can request a trial key on the Secret World community page forums.  I bought the game, so I might have a trial key I can send you.  Haven't logged in for a while so I don't really know how that works.  All this talk makes me want to try the game again and see if running Windows 8 fixes the horrible loading times.

Here is the Steam Community Forum thread:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/215280

• oldschoolpunkoldschoolpunk Member Posts: 281

give me your email in a message...anyone....even one you dont use often and Ill apply a key to it and reply with the key

• oldschoolpunkoldschoolpunk Member Posts: 281
    Worst thing about the game is the numerous trolls....didnt think Id see any in this game.

• CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862

If you have a Steam account you can request a trial key on the Secret World community page forums.  I bought the game, so I might have a trial key I can send you.  Haven't logged in for a while so I don't really know how that works.  All this talk makes me want to try the game again and see if running Windows 8 fixes the horrible loading times.

Here is the Steam Community Forum thread:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/215280

Stickied at the top of the forum is a thread for requesting buddy keys. Or you can PM a request to me (including an email address to send it to). The key is good for 3 days of play. If you complete 30 missions in that time (dead easy) you get 1200 bonus points to spend in the game store: buy an outfit, or a DLC pack if you plan to keep playing.

If you are performing an autopsy, how cheerful the corpse was in life is hardly relevant. 

You might as well brand me a murderer because I like thrillers.

That doesn't explain why nearly all your posts concern TSW, and why the topics are all critical of the game.  You have provided no other information for anyone to go on.  Video games are basically a compilation of preferences.  They have almost no inherent value.  If your posts are critical of the game, odds are you don't like it.  I don't think that's an unreasonable assumption.

So the question is, "Why?"  What prompted you to spend the time to start your account and then post every few hours in topics related to TSW, and in particular, topics critical of the game?  That is not an insignificant time investment.  Attacking and defending games is not abnormal behavior on these forums.  That is literally what we do here all the time, every day.  No game gets a free pass.  Attacking one game in particular is uncommon though.  It stands out.  So now I'm curious.

You don't have the option "Loading screens take so long that any desire to play the game dies" so I didn't vote in your poll.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Your previous thread was locked. This is effectively restarting the same topic. Locking this as well

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.