Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Archage: How long before the game becomes empty?

I dont play AA, I logged in, lvled to 6 or 7, watched the chat and said no thanks. Not my cup of tea. Course I knew it wouldnt be, but thats fine. I do actually want the pvp folks to have a game they can enjoy. However after reading the forums, and witnessing the chat firsthand, and hearing about how the game population is dwindling quickly overseas it makes me wonder how long before the game is pretty much devoid of players?

I figure within two years myself. You never know though.

Comments

• maybebakedmaybebaked Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Why must people spend so much time trashing a game they don't like? If you don't like it. Go away. Korea has over 20 servers, which I'm pretty sure aren't dead.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Depends on the community really, if it becomes a game of wolf vs wolf it won't take too long. On the flip-side if a good community synergy grows the game may grow over time (after the initial hype wears down ofc).

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• rafalex007rafalex007 Member Posts: 244
    Originally posted by maybebaked
    Why must people spend so much time trashing a game they don't like? If you don't like it. Go away. Korea has over 20 servers, which I'm pretty sure aren't dead.

Originally posted by Myrradah

I cant see the appeal there. I logged in and after 5 minutes I was not impressed at all. My suspicions were confirmed over the last 2 days.

I hate stupidly large weapons and the graphics arent all that great which everyone says are great. Its has this Neverwtiner nights / Guild wars 2 feel to it and i hate both of those games.

add in F2P and the pay to win cash shop and its not for me. Ill play my eve online and ESO until Pathfinder or Star Citizen comes out.

I am so freakin happy I did not do a founders pack on this game.....

If you are talking about the 2002 game Neverwinter Nights, you are just horribly wrong, NWN was awesome.  [mod edit]

• shiner421shiner421 Member Posts: 70

Im not trashing the game, I am simply curious about the population as I have been reading that the servers in the east are nearly empty. There may be 20 of them, but they are pretty much empty. 

I want the PVP crowd to have a game as popular as wow so that I can play my PVE games and be bothered with people always wanting to take a pve game and turn it into some sort of pvp game that I want no part of. So you can see my motivation behind wanting pvp folks to have their great game.

• mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768
    If you dont like  a game just move on, let it be, there are others who like the game.

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

• GregorMcgregorGregorMcgregor Member UncommonPosts: 263

Hope it stays open... it keeps "them" away! (And maybe kills off Tri-no! /bonus). :D

No trials. No tricks. No traps. No EU-RP server. NO THANKS!

...10% Benevolence, 90% Arrogance in my case!
  • MyrradahMyrradah Member UncommonPosts: 102
    Originally posted by rafalex007

Originally posted by Myrradah

I cant see the appeal there. I logged in and after 5 minutes I was not impressed at all. My suspicions were confirmed over the last 2 days.

I hate stupidly large weapons and the graphics arent all that great which everyone says are great. Its has this Neverwtiner nights / Guild wars 2 feel to it and i hate both of those games.

add in F2P and the pay to win cash shop and its not for me. Ill play my eve online and ESO until Pathfinder or Star Citizen comes out.

I am so freakin happy I did not do a founders pack on this game.....

If you are talking about the 2002 game Neverwinter Nights, you are just horribly wrong, NWN was awesome.  The fact that you play ESO makes your opinions about video games suspect.

i dont usualy do this but here you go this is the reason.

As i stated in the same thread, no I was not talking about that NWN.

It takes all of 5 minutes, not wasting any time whatsoever.

If you dont want to read it, then dont. Just like you state about the game. Move on. But its feedback to others who have been thinking about joining the game and are looking for some opinions.

Still think the game isnt worth my time as well. But thats my opinion and for some of the reasons you quoted.

• PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 482

This game will be empty after 13th November 2014 :P

My ADHD got the better of me here.  I ended up having multiple thoughts all at once and it didnt come out right in this thread. I didnt really intend this to be a troll post, however it did come out that way didnt it? And im not lying, I do want PVPers to have a game that excels and stays alive and kickin for many years. That being said, I do not think AA will be it. At least not in the way it exists now. It looks like there are game mechanics that will need to be changed or adjusted if it is to remain alive.

ADHD again: Pvp MMO's are dying in general. The games dont seem to last anymore, and the population is very fluid. I think most hardcore Pvpers are playing MOBA's and such. The same is true I guess across the board for the MMO industry. The crowd that helped make the genre as popular as it is has gotten older, have started families and have careers and just cannot devote the time we once had to playing these games. I used to play for 8-12 hours per DAY back in EQ, 5-7 days a week sometimes. I just cant do that anymore.

I even have gone back to EQ many times since I quit in 2006 and yet even EQ cannot hold my interest anymore.

Anyhow, I will admit to my troll post, apologize for adding fuel to the fire, even unintentionally, and quietly slink back to my corner.

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230
    These sort of threads should be locked outright. Nothing good comes from these. You are asking for trouble.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• VorpalChicken28VorpalChicken28 Member UncommonPosts: 348
    Originally posted by shiner421

My ADHD got the better of me here.  I ended up having multiple thoughts all at once and it didnt come out right in this thread. I didnt really intend this to be a troll post, however it did come out that way didnt it? And im not lying, I do want PVPers to have a game that excels and stays alive and kickin for many years. That being said, I do not think AA will be it. At least not in the way it exists now. It looks like there are game mechanics that will need to be changed or adjusted if it is to remain alive.

ADHD again: Pvp MMO's are dying in general. The games dont seem to last anymore, and the population is very fluid. I think most hardcore Pvpers are playing MOBA's and such. The same is true I guess across the board for the MMO industry. The crowd that helped make the genre as popular as it is has gotten older, have started families and have careers and just cannot devote the time we once had to playing these games. I used to play for 8-12 hours per DAY back in EQ, 5-7 days a week sometimes. I just cant do that anymore.

I even have gone back to EQ many times since I quit in 2006 and yet even EQ cannot hold my interest anymore.

Anyhow, I will admit to my troll post, apologize for adding fuel to the fire, even unintentionally, and quietly slink back to my corner.

I would blame sub par intelligence rather than trying to say you have ADHD...

“Nevertheless, the human brain, which survives by hoping from one second to another, will always endeavor to put off the moment of truth. Moist” 
    ― Terry PratchettMaking Money
  • grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by DMKano

Don't play the game?

Didn't like the chat?

Read negative stuff on the forums?

I know!

Let's make a post on when the game servers will be empty!

Yes!

Funny you did the same about Wildstar.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    It's F2P, so I imagine it could go on a looooong time even if the population drops.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

Originally posted by grimal
    Originally posted by DMKano

Don't play the game?

Didn't like the chat?

Read negative stuff on the forums?

I know!

Let's make a post on when the game servers will be empty!

Yes!

Funny you did the same about Wildstar.

And I wasnt wrong either.

• steelwindsteelwind Member UncommonPosts: 352

The Archeage I am playing is so active it is a wonder to see.

My anticipation and experience with AA never prepared me for how active that game turned out to be. Every zone is packed, people doing their thing EVERYWHERE. Roads filled with traders taking their goods to market. Every zone is active, every zone is populated. The sea is filled with ships of players hitting the seas. When I set sail, nearly every port in the game I see boats everywhere. In some cases, it is like a freeway at rush hour.

Seeing this phenomenon in AA has completely made me re-evaluate what a living breathing world is. This means that there is no level of NPC scripting or advanced AI that can match a truly populated, player driven world. The immersion is deeeeeep my friends.

So given all this, empty is the furthest thing from any ACTIVE player's mind atm. All you who let short term problems drive you away from a long term game, YOUR LOSS!!!! I'll remain here continually being amazed by the gem that is Archeage.

• BeastnBeastn Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Never...it's a free to play. It will always be full.....of bots
  • RAZEDinBLACKRAZEDinBLACK Member Posts: 2

This game was always going to be niche. Its not for the people who feel entitled or need to be hand held. Its also not for those that need to be entertained (rather than being able to entertain themselves).

True, the community is pretty horrible right now. But I imagine after the first month or so (after all the 1-monthers fade away), the community will grow to be quite good and tight-knit.

Having said that, ArcheAge gives me that "old school" feeling that I have not experienced in an MMO for almost a decade. I am having a blast. There is so much depth to the game - if you have the creativity to fully take advantage of it.

I know most say that PVP is endgame. But I am nothing more than a simple Merchant with a ship who runs people across seas for big profit (or for whatever reason they want). You don't have to PVP at endgame if you don't want to. I don't. And I do just fine. Find your place within the game and you can make a pretty good living without having to fight a soul.

Or...PVP to your hearts content.

What I am saying is: If you've established your reputation and have made a name for yourself - your skills and abilities can become very desired by others.

Think outside the box, and ArcheAge can be amazing. Limit yourself, and the game will limit you as well.

I am absolutely loving ArcheAge. But its not for everyone.

This discussion has been closed.