Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Love the game, but have issues with Funcom Billing

5ubzer05ubzer0 Member UncommonPosts: 72

Hi everyone,

So I bought the game in January, loved it, bought several of the issues and happily played through them. Then I took a break and only came back to TSW last week. Because of Tokyo I thought it would be nice to subscribe for a month, buy a pet for my remaining vet points and unlock issue 9. Well, that was the plan. Now apparently my credit card payment didn't go through for whatever reason and I received this beautiful email from Funcom Billing today:

"Our apologies for the inconvenience but before your payment can process
we need to verify your information.

Please provide us with a .jpg image of both your Photo ID (Drivers
License or Passport) and your credit card. Please block out the unique 8
middle digits of your credit card to protect your private information.

Once we have received this information we will manually review it and
make a determination at that time on whether to process your payment or
not. If your payment is verified and your payment clears, you will be
able to log in and play. If your payment is not verified or does not
clear, you will not be able to play.

Thank you for your patience and understanding."

For good measure they have now locked my account and I can't play a B2P game until I provide photo ID. This is BS and I am seriously annoyed.

Has anyone had any experience with this? Or found a way to resolve this without sending them pics of ID via email? Any suggestions are welcome.

Comments

• oldschoolpunkoldschoolpunk Member Posts: 281

That sounds really odd...never ran into this all my years as a Funcom fanboy...been subbed to one of their games all the time for about 12 years now.

I would go on Live Chat (the button at the bottom of the account page) and inquire about it.  Good luck!

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Sounds a lot more like they are trying to protect your account and credit card rather than they are giving you a hard time.  I would call your credit card company and check on this as well, just in case.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• GadzGadz Member UncommonPosts: 32
    it sounds like a scam that was popular a couple of years ago
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

usually that's the reaction you get from gaming companies after something went wrong.

had to do the same for blizzard once, did it, prob solved :P

just be sure you don't send that info to some random guys (eg, check the link it's going to)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    I would not give any info till you call them and get that from their mouth. This sounds fishy, very fishy!!!
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    I would not give any info till you call them and get that from their mouth. This sounds fishy, very fishy!!!

as said above, this actually DOES happen now and then. especially the ID card stuff is common.

blizzard did it, so why shouldn't funcom.

in my case it was for an acc recovery, so i didn't question it - but i was DAMN sure that info was going to blizzard :P

ps: as they said it, always block out the numbers mentioned above, and NEVER EVER send a real person your PW of cors, only systems ask for passwords, never people (unless it's a PIN actually installed for that reason).

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• Another_FanAnother_Fan Member UncommonPosts: 48
    Billing problems are pretty common with TSW. Especially if you aren't playing from the U.S. or E.U.
  • 5ubzer05ubzer0 Member UncommonPosts: 72

Thanks everyone!

I contacted Live Chat and was told that I can black out pretty much everything on my I.D. aside from name and address and the first and last digits on my credit card.

They also responded to my email and explained that apparently my payment attempt triggered their automatic fraud protection service. Annoying, but it happens.

Assuming my account will be unfrozen soonish and I can continue to quest in Innsmouth Academy, it's all good.