Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trion Sanctions Harassment of Players Through Game Mechanics

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Originally posted by Konfess

Terms of Use

For those questioning if these actions in fact violate the ToU, they do.  See Section 11. B. VI.

Harass, threaten, stalk, embarrass or cause distress, unwanted attention or discomfort to any user of the Game or the Site;

Actually, they didn't violate the TOS, you omitted a very important line from the top that the entire section relates to:

"When engaging in Chat, you may not::"

Reading through the OP, doesn't seem chat was involved.  It doesn't say you can't harass another player, such as dropping carts on their property or bumping them, you just can't harass them in chat.

also

Section 11. C. IV.

Anything that Trion considers contrary to or inconsistent with the “spirit” of the Game.

Well apparently Trion doesn't consider the actions of the alleged offenders to be inconsistent with the spirit of the game, perhaps it's working as intended?

To those that feel harassment is within the spirit of the game, you are wrong.  This harassment is a Denial of Service attack, and is not in the spirit of the game.  I expect those who feel (because you don't know) other wise will bump heads repeatedly with societies laws and legal systems.

Who says we're wrong.  So far the support team seems to agree that this is not harassment, and that it's not against the spirit of the game for someone to try and deny someone else access to the features in it.  It's apparent you don't understand "the law" very well, or what's permissible under them.

Trion can take such disciplinary measures as it sees fit up to and including termination and deletion of the Account.

Sure they can, and in this situation they didn't see fit to take any action at all, they felt it was within the rules of the game.

The mistake made by the OP was not saying said players are in violation of listed sections of the ToU and listing those sections.  The GM ignored (possible collusion) or failed to interpret the ToU.

No, the OP and you are misinterpreting the ToU, if you read it more carefully, you'll see you are in error.

Lastly

Section 11. C. i.

1. Using or exploiting errors in design, features which have not been documented, and/or “program bugs” to gain access that is otherwise not available, or to obtain a competitive advantage over other players;

There is no error in design, working as intended, these are legitimate tactics to try and drive someone off their land in a "safe zone" where you have no other recourse or action against them otherwise since you can't kill them.

Your right to remain unmolested in game does not exceed someone else's right to interfere with you, just how PVP centric, open world games typically are, they're not for everyone.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• HerzyHerzy Member UncommonPosts: 184

"Reading through the OP, doesn't seem chat was involved."

The OP omitted a lot from the story it seems. If you check the thread, he/she later posted that there was chat involved.

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    Originally posted by mayito7777
    I feel sorry for you OP, but that in a nutshell is what PVP games is about.

Wrong.

Todays player griefing and gankfests are not PVP. I used to PVP a lot many years ago. Now, I no longer participate since it's no longer fun for me.

• MajorBiggsMajorBiggs Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard

Gotta love how some fanatics of this game defend the unacceptable... at least it took 15 posts before the first virtual tough guy showed up, that's not so bad for these forums.

2nd, one of the best ways to solve this sort of problem is to ignore, go off and leave for a bit, do something else, usually the other people will tire of the action if they know it really doesn't provoke a response.

That won't remove the cart and other crap the douchebags dropped on their farms. That's the main problem I see here, the land owner should be able to control ANYTHING dropped on HIS land, including removing, destroying or even picking up items others have dropped and make them his own.

The problem here is both a CS problem (that GM should definitely have done something) and also a problem of poor design and programming. The whole property system is poorly designed anyway.

Not sure what you are implying, I just asked the OP to show where these actions actually violated the TOS, I couldn't really locate it in the documentation I read through.  If its not covered in there, the customer service team can't do much for it, except perhaps escalation.

I realize most players today have not played many MMORPG's where griefing is acceptable, in earlier times this was quite common and even today EVE which I play extensively is rife with it. 

As such, there's some very important ground rules in EVE that apply well here.

Don't draw attention to yourself.  Stay under the radar of the griefers, don't talk in local chats, don't react to harassment attempts, ignore their actions, don't react, never whine, never respond.  Move away from the point of harassment and do something else until they tire of the game and move to another victim.

BTW carts and vehicles are expensive, even griefers won't have an unlimited supply, eventually they'll pick them up to drop on someone else's property.

BTW, the griefers may be doing this to try and drive the OP and his family off their land so the griefers can claim it, if so, this is actually a form of emergent game play and likely the only way you can try to force someone off land in the safe zones, and might actually be a supported mechanic by XLGames.

I underlined and right arrow-fied the really good part. To the OP, apologies to you guys and your crops...that sounds like a real fuckfest right there. Is there anyway to put a bounty on their heads/hire some real hard core unfriendly guys to do some head-bashing for you?

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

There is no error in design, working as intended, these are legitimate tactics to try and drive someone off their land in a "safe zone" where you have no other recourse or action against them otherwise since you can't kill them.

Your right to remain unmolested in game does not exceed someone else's right to interfere with you, just how PVP centric, open world games typically are, they're not for everyone.

This is more bad design in my eyes than some hardcore chest thumping form of land take over. SWG had such a problem and it was seen as harassment by most players as well as GM's. It's obstruction more or less..

Devs need to consider that while scamming and other underhanded aspects are legit in such a game type, there's a fine line between harassing a player and using game mechanics to gain an advantage... There's also a difference between using game mechanics and exploiting game mechanics just to be a douche. . Devs also have to understand how to implement said mechanics properly, otherwise they end up with a game full of wolves and no prey. The result of that isn't so pretty, as the entire point of pirating...Land grabbing..etc goes out the window. It's no fun when everyone is playing the bad guy...

Oh BTW...what part of safe zone doesn't mean the safe zone?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by TiamatRoar
    Originally posted by gekido

Go somewhere else!

Pretty sure that's what lots of people did in other region versions of this game, and likely will here, too.

How many times can you tell people to "Go somewhere else.", before it turns into the question, "Where'd everybody go?"

• HabitualFrogStompHabitualFrogStomp Member UncommonPosts: 370

Didn't read the whole thread but read the entire OP. You stated your case very calmly and professionally, and then when the dude said nah sorry you started telling him you'd blast the company on the internet and all that. I don't know for a fact that it would've made any difference in your particular case. But as an escalations officer in a lucrative sector of finance, you're generally not getting anywhere with staff with this approach.

Asking for help (even when it's the other persons job) is like selling something. You're selling him your plight, you want him to buy it and also fix it for you. First step, be casual. Connect with the person on a human level. You initiated conversation by reminding him how long you waited and that put a negative tone on entire exchange from the start. Don't go straight off telling him what your problem is, identify with him as a person, as any salesman would. This will be doubly appreciated when the agent knows that you don't have to do that, it will give them a warmer perspective of you right from the get go, and it's hard to look pretentious when from the agents perspective, you really have nothing to gain by doing so. They're used to being treated like robot servile trouble shooters, and that's exactly what you treated him like. Give him something different and you automatically enhance the level of service almost without fail.

State your issue with humility. You know it's not the biggest problem in the world right now, even if it may be what's troubling you the most right now. The more laid back and casual you are about presenting the facts and reiterating that you know there are rules and policies that the agent has to follow as well, the more likely he will be to bend those rules to help you. It's not overly rewarding to help someone who believes the world revolves around them. Helping the little guy though who is just like you makes you feel like a hero.

Could the agent have helped you out? Probably. I'm sure there is probably isn't anything in the rule book that states what these players were doing was wrong. It's more than likely a borderline situation. Which means in most cases it's left at the agents discretion what they feel is the appropriate action.

By following the simple steps I outlined here, I have never failed to have a positive experience with any customer service staff. That doesn't mean there is always a solution to your problem, but by building a "relationship" within that first 1-2 minutes of interaction, you can almost assure yourself that agent is going to do everything he can for you. And it probably would've been enough.

And by building a relationship within the first couple of minutes, like I said, you have to approach with business savvy with the mindset that he does not have to help you, you need to convince him to help you. Whether it's true or not. And people more often than not, want to be convinced.

• sacredfoolsacredfool Member UncommonPosts: 849
    Originally posted by HabitualFrogStomp

Didn't read the whole thread but read the entire OP. You stated your case very calmly and professionally, and then when the dude said nah sorry you started telling him you'd blast the company on the internet and all that. I don't know for a fact that it would've made any difference in your particular case. But as an escalations officer in a lucrative sector of finance, you're generally not getting anywhere with staff with this approach.

And people more often than not, want to be convinced.

I have been a moderator for a couple of years now. And while I am maybe not THAT nice to CS, I agree with you. I also never had trouble with solving my issues and in a few cases even having the rules changed after campaigning for it.

Originally posted by nethaniah

Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.

• eindinblocheindinbloch Member Posts: 60

I'm glad you are posting on this site.  While there was only a slim chance I'd play this game given all of the bad feedback I've seen so far, I'm not going to give a game a chance that treats its players like this.

I'm all for open sandbox gameplay, but verbal and in-game physical harassment is a plague in almost all online multiplayer games these days.  It ruins the game completely when the game devs and customer support staff are on the side of the harasser.

I will not be playing this game.

• VorpalChicken28VorpalChicken28 Member UncommonPosts: 348
    Originally posted by eindinbloch

I'm glad you are posting on this site.  While there was only a slim chance I'd play this game given all of the bad feedback I've seen so far, I'm not going to give a game a chance that treats its players like this.

I'm all for open sandbox gameplay, but verbal and in-game physical harassment is a plague in almost all online multiplayer games these days.  It ruins the game completely when the game devs and customer support staff are on the side of the harasser.

I'm with Eindinbloch on this, I've seen a couple of other AA harrashment videos and watched a friend playing experience the same issues and this made it a big turn off for me, I'm all for abit of trolling, but this kind of behaviour isn't trolling it's straight up abuse, and thats not something I want a part of.

I'm not going to bother with AA unless they can sort out the abuse issues they have atm.

“Nevertheless, the human brain, which survives by hoping from one second to another, will always endeavor to put off the moment of truth. Moist” 
    ― Terry PratchettMaking Money
  • gekidogekido Member UncommonPosts: 66
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer
    Originally posted by TiamatRoar
    Originally posted by gekido

Go somewhere else!

Pretty sure that's what lots of people did in other region versions of this game, and likely will here, too.

How many times can you tell people to "Go somewhere else.", before it turns into the question, "Where'd everybody go?"

Go somewhere else in the game... *facepalm*

This thread is a cesspool.

• gekidogekido Member UncommonPosts: 66

Thank god you're not playing this game.  We certainly don't need any more self entitled whiners.

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

You think you are but you are not, beleave me.

Unless your concept of sandbox is a game based in "instances" that dont allow players interaction in any way.

Since the moment a game allow players intereactions, this bad things can hapened, we just need to learn how to deal with and not waiting the others (Devs) solve everthing for us.

Most ppl love freedom but alot cant handle with it.

Originally posted by Jabas

Unless your concept of sandbox is a game based in "instances" that dont allow players interaction in any way.

Since the moment a game allow players intereactions, this bad things can hapened, we just need to learn how to deal with and not waiting the others (Devs) solve everthing for us.

Spoken like someone who has never played a Sandbox outside of those with poor community aspects. WHat happened in SWG when something like this happened? I saw those results first hand numerous times... Bans were handed out within minutes on more than one occasion.They encouraged players to be creative as long as you weren't obstructing another persons game-play. There was one instance in SWG btw (the vette)... SO don't presume to tell others what they like...

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636

Originally posted by holdenhamlet

Originally posted by holdenhamlet First off, I'm pretty sure you can spawn a harpoon clipper and pull a cart off the land. Both you and me know this is a silly answer. Completely silly and unrealistic. Let's spawn a harpoon clipper near that mountain property and pull that cart away... err wait, mountain means no sea. Or are you talking about exploits?

Secondly, and more importantly, this progression you're talking about.  You mean the 10 copper they were out in the amount of time they couldn't plant 5 crops? You didn't even read the thread, and even less understand what is was about. Where do you draw the line.  How about if someone stands in your way and prevents you from moving in a straight line.  How much is that "progression" worth, if time is money and it took some time to move around him?
    I killed someone with a sword, it's not too bad, since people killed millions with an atomic bomb. See, I draw the line at "is it a big deal".  Sorry but this isn't a big deal, and the OP made it more so by staying there FOR 6 HOURS while these guys were trolling them.
    Those people were in a no-PVP area minding their own business, and there's nothing they could do against the land invasion the dumbasses where doing. I would not even have posted here if this happened in a full PvP area. The main problem is that once side can grief the other without the other being able to fight back (aka destroy the intrusive elements).
    They could've just walked away.  Instead they turned what was a 5-minute trolling into a 6 hour fiasco worthy of your atomic bomb comparisons.
    So they should just walk away because there's no way to fight back. Even if they paid just as much as the others to play this game. Doesn't it ring a bell for you? Don't you feel how wrong that is? You indeed lack the empathy to understand the situation then. I just hope that it'll fire back on you in real life someday, just so you understand how it feels.
    Yes, if you're a reasonable person, and there's no way to fight back, you walk away.

You don't stand there and cry for 6 hours and make a video about it and then make multiple threads on websites about it.

I can live if I can't plant a rose because some guy wants to sand on my farm.  Or 4 roses if he wants to spawn a farm cart (which I can then steal and drive away).

If 60 guys want to spend all of their game time blocking up my entire farm, I'll find something else to do and laugh at how they choose to spend their game-time.

Because I'm a reasonable person.  And I don't think a few roses is worth all this.

No, that you would react or, rather, not react like that makes you a push-over and a willing target. When it's a couple small incidents, you can ignore it and move on. But when the OP is being harassed as frequently as they describe, and their ability to play and enjoy the game as they wish is being constantly disrupted, then a reaction is completely warranted.

It's pathetic that Trion lacks the ability to recognize the difference between "general use of game mechanics", and "use of game mechanics to harass other players". Their non-action against it is equally pathetic.

It's also interesting how many people are ignoring or misrepresenting so much of what the OP has explained and described in their posts. In other words, it goes a whole lot further than just "not being able to plant a few roses". But then, if you were actually being reasonable, or even honest in your replies, and *not* cherry-picking, you'd realize how dishonest and silly your response is.

That there are people who will actually attempt to defend that kind of behavior is really sad, as well.

If you have to misrepresent another person's situation - despite it having been clearly and thorougly explained in detail - just so you can tear it down, while propping yourself up... well, that's pretty sad.

I don't think it's a coincidence that many of those that support this behavior, are constantly on these forums complaining about not having games styles they like available to them.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

OP..the answer is to stop playing the game

1) you have  TRION who is clueless

2) you have the very nature and structure of the game's design which facilitates this kind of conduct

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308

OP, you need to realize that the customer service doesn't give a shit about you as an individual. They're given clear guidelines in regards to how they can help, and yours appears to be an issue that they expect you to solve yourself in-game. All complaining does is make them wanna help you less, and get you off the chat. 

Attempt to become more powerful and fight these people off, as it's your only recourse. Otherwise, quit. They obviously don't care if they lose you as a customer, so the ball is in your court.

• HabitualFrogStompHabitualFrogStomp Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Originally posted by Pratt2112

Originally posted by holdenhamlet First off, I'm pretty sure you can spawn a harpoon clipper and pull a cart off the land. Both you and me know this is a silly answer. Completely silly and unrealistic. Let's spawn a harpoon clipper near that mountain property and pull that cart away... err wait, mountain means no sea. Or are you talking about exploits?

Secondly, and more importantly, this progression you're talking about.  You mean the 10 copper they were out in the amount of time they couldn't plant 5 crops? You didn't even read the thread, and even less understand what is was about. Where do you draw the line.  How about if someone stands in your way and prevents you from moving in a straight line.  How much is that "progression" worth, if time is money and it took some time to move around him?
    I killed someone with a sword, it's not too bad, since people killed millions with an atomic bomb. See, I draw the line at "is it a big deal".  Sorry but this isn't a big deal, and the OP made it more so by staying there FOR 6 HOURS while these guys were trolling them.
    Those people were in a no-PVP area minding their own business, and there's nothing they could do against the land invasion the dumbasses where doing. I would not even have posted here if this happened in a full PvP area. The main problem is that once side can grief the other without the other being able to fight back (aka destroy the intrusive elements).
    They could've just walked away.  Instead they turned what was a 5-minute trolling into a 6 hour fiasco worthy of your atomic bomb comparisons.
    So they should just walk away because there's no way to fight back. Even if they paid just as much as the others to play this game. Doesn't it ring a bell for you? Don't you feel how wrong that is? You indeed lack the empathy to understand the situation then. I just hope that it'll fire back on you in real life someday, just so you understand how it feels.
    Yes, if you're a reasonable person, and there's no way to fight back, you walk away.

You don't stand there and cry for 6 hours and make a video about it and then make multiple threads on websites about it.

I can live if I can't plant a rose because some guy wants to sand on my farm.  Or 4 roses if he wants to spawn a farm cart (which I can then steal and drive away).

If 60 guys want to spend all of their game time blocking up my entire farm, I'll find something else to do and laugh at how they choose to spend their game-time.

Because I'm a reasonable person.  And I don't think a few roses is worth all this.

No, that you would react or, rather, not react like that makes you a push-over and a willing target. When it's a couple small incidents, you can ignore it and move on. But when the OP is being harassed as frequently as they describe, and their ability to play and enjoy the game as they wish is being constantly disrupted, then a reaction is completely warranted.

It's pathetic that Trion lacks the ability to recognize the difference between "general use of game mechanics", and "use of game mechanics to harass other players". Their non-action against it is equally pathetic.

It's also interesting how many people are ignoring or misrepresenting so much of what the OP has explained and described in their posts. In other words, it goes a whole lot further than just "not being able to plant a few roses". But then, if you were actually being reasonable, or even honest in your replies, and *not* cherry-picking, you'd realize how dishonest and silly your response is.

That there are people who will actually attempt to defend that kind of behavior is really sad, as well.

If you have to misrepresent another person's situation - despite it having been clearly and thorougly explained in detail - just so you can tear it down, while propping yourself up... well, that's pretty sad.

I don't think anyone would seriously defend harassment in a video game or otherwise. It is a clear example of what we'd call social behavior that is not normally accepted. Some people just have a different belief system and a way to handle "bullies" than others.

Walking away is a perfectly valid way to handle it for some people. They don't like kicking up a fuss or the stigma that comes with making a big deal out of things that others could perceive as trivial. And the PVPers would say "don't get mad, get even". This personally would be my approach. I was bullied a lot as a kid, especially by my older brother and my parents were pretty unwilling to help me so I just never bothered to tell them. I seethed on it and spent a lot of time in the outdoors and got fit, and by the time I turned 16 I was beating the hell out of my brother who is 6 years older than me. It's those kind of life experiences that shapes a person and defines how they'll react in a given situation. We all didn't grow up in an ideal environment with a support system and had to learn to fend for ourselves. Yes, I realize it's a video game, but we apply the same principles that we use in our everyday lives to basically any scenario, right or wrong.

The OP has obviously tried to handle things in a way that he feels works for him, and it didn't work out. It doesn't mean there isn't a solution to the problem though.

But trust me, if the OP decides to work this problem out himself, he'll find a tremendous sense of satisfaction and accomplishment in it. Isn't that why most of us play video games in the first place?

• GregorMcgregorGregorMcgregor Member UncommonPosts: 263

The game is full of asshats, and Trion don't care one bit. It has the worst population ever of a MMO.

If Trion was to close it's doors tomorrow I'd throw a party - free booze!

No trials. No tricks. No traps. No EU-RP server. NO THANKS!

...10% Benevolence, 90% Arrogance in my case!
  • GregorMcgregorGregorMcgregor Member UncommonPosts: 263
    I don't think anyone would seriously defend harassment in a video game or otherwise. It is a clear example of what we'd call social behavior that is not normally accepted. Some people just have a different belief system and a way to handle "bullies" than others.

Walking away is a perfectly valid way to handle it for some people. They don't like kicking up a fuss or the stigma that comes with making a big deal out of things that others could perceive as trivial. And the PVPers would say "don't get mad, get even". This personally would be my approach. I was bullied a lot as a kid, especially by my older brother and my parents were pretty unwilling to help me so I just never bothered to tell them. I seethed on it and spent a lot of time in the outdoors and got fit, and by the time I turned 16 I was beating the hell out of my brother who is 6 years older than me. It's those kind of life experiences that shapes a person and defines how they'll react in a given situation. We all didn't grow up in an ideal environment with a support system and had to learn to fend for ourselves. Yes, I realize it's a video game, but we apply the same principles that we use in our everyday lives to basically any scenario, right or wrong.

The OP has obviously tried to handle things in a way that he feels works for him, and it didn't work out. It doesn't mean there isn't a solution to the problem though.

But trust me, if the OP decides to work this problem out himself, he'll find a tremendous sense of satisfaction and accomplishment in it. Isn't that why most of us play video games in the first place?

I said it before.... Want to fix this sort of behavior? Have player's characters profile display their names & address.... There would be a few broken jaws, then the MMO world would become awfully nice to each other. ;)

No trials. No tricks. No traps. No EU-RP server. NO THANKS!

...10% Benevolence, 90% Arrogance in my case!
  • shiner421shiner421 Member Posts: 70

Gotta love how some fanatics of this game defend the unacceptable... at least it took 15 posts before the first virtual tough guy showed up, that's not so bad for these forums.

2nd, one of the best ways to solve this sort of problem is to ignore, go off and leave for a bit, do something else, usually the other people will tire of the action if they know it really doesn't provoke a response.

That won't remove the cart and other crap the douchebags dropped on their farms. That's the main problem I see here, the land owner should be able to control ANYTHING dropped on HIS land, including removing, destroying or even picking up items others have dropped and make them his own.

The problem here is both a CS problem (that GM should definitely have done something) and also a problem of poor design and programming. The whole property system is poorly designed anyway.

Not sure what you are implying, I just asked the OP to show where these actions actually violated the TOS, I couldn't really locate it in the documentation I read through.  If its not covered in there, the customer service team can't do much for it, except perhaps escalation.

I realize most players today have not played many MMORPG's where griefing is acceptable, in earlier times this was quite common and even today EVE which I play extensively is rife with it. 

As such, there's some very important ground rules in EVE that apply well here.

Don't draw attention to yourself.  Stay under the radar of the griefers, don't talk in local chats, don't react to harassment attempts, ignore their actions, don't react, never whine, never respond.  Move away from the point of harassment and do something else until they tire of the game and move to another victim.

BTW carts and vehicles are expensive, even griefers won't have an unlimited supply, eventually they'll pick them up to drop on someone else's property.

BTW, the griefers may be doing this to try and drive the OP and his family off their land so the griefers can claim it, if so, this is actually a form of emergent game play and likely the only way you can try to force someone off land in the safe zones, and might actually be a supported mechanic by XLGames.

Amusing how to answer this, I only have to quote myself:

There's no griefing when the victim can fight back somehow. But here, it doesn't work that way. You can't remove the carts on your land. You are SCREWED, you can do NOTHING. Nobody gives a shit about your price or supply arguments, the damage is done.

Of course the griefers are trying to get the land. And it would be ok in such a game if the victims could fight back. But they can't in these specific situations. That's just wrong.

And if "emergent gameplay" means "griefing and reaping other players of their progressions without them being able to fight back", then if you don't know what's wrong with that, you're part of the problem why there aren't more sandbox MMORPGs on the market right now. "Emergent gameplay" would be yes, you can drop your cart on that farmer's land, but when the farmer and his friends come with their pitchforks and torches and impale you after burning all the hair off your griefer ass, they are also able to remove your crap cart from their land, or even better, use it for their own benefit. And that is not possible in this game, so what you talk about is not "emergent gameplay"... it's pure griefing for the sake of being a selfish asshole.

You are incorrect. Griefing has nothing to do with a players ability to fight back. Let me define Griefing for you as accepted by society:

1. griefer is a player in a multiplayer video game who deliberately irritates and harasses other players within the game, using aspects of the game in unintended ways.

Edit for typos.
  • Gobstopper3DGobstopper3D Member RarePosts: 966

I don't touch anything involving Trion, but I was watching a friend play AA and I was reading through their forums...I thought EVE had a toxic community, they have nothing on AA.  I don't think think I have seen a larger collection of asshats in any one game.

I feel for you OP.  Trion CS is by far one of the worst and as long as they are getting money, they really don't give a crap about customers.  I learned that with Rift and haven't touched a Trion product since.

I'm not an IT Specialist, Game Developer, or Clairvoyant in real life, but like others on here, I play one on the internet.

• WyzeThawtWyzeThawt Member Posts: 15

sorry but you are whining to support because someone is griefing your farm?

what the hell did you think they woud do. its a sandbox mmo, griefing and trolling aren't ethical (and i dont purposely do it) but they also aren't breaking rules.

I have a video clip of 4 guys with farm carts blockading the dewstone bridge and charging other cart owners a toll to get through. it didnt last long before ppl set up boat bridges and while they were assholes, it was interesting and entertaining since i had no problem getting past on a donkey.

anyway. shit like this happens in every game in different way. suck it up and dont let it get to you. go quest, fish, trade run, rasie a mount, something... the griefer only stay for as long as they continue to find fun in harrassing, so do something different and they will be gone but the time you get back.

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249
    Originally posted by Distopia
    Originally posted by Jabas

Spoken like someone who has never played a Sandbox outside of those with poor community aspects.

This is only your opinion, i dont like any kind of game systems abuse but i learn to deal with it special if i want to play a game with more "freedom" then usually, so even theres morons playing AA where their only objective is ruin the others gaming experience, AA is far from be a poor community aspects, in fact my opinon is the total the oposite, it have a great community aspects.

WHat happened in SWG when something like this happened? I saw those results first hand numerous times... Bans were handed out within minutes on more than one occasion.They encouraged players to be creative as long as you weren't obstructing another persons game-play. There was one instance in SWG btw (the vette)... SO don't presume to tell others what they like... 

Every system can be abused, morons in games can have alot of criativity. Even in the system you describe someone can "provoke" other that ended fall in a "trap" and get a ban from Devs, this is even worse that not interfear.

I mentioned instances because its what normal games use to avoid some of this problems, like make farms instance for example.

We read and see the video from 1 side of story, we still dont know if the story start here or is older.

And im not telling anyone what they should like, was just a expression to start the replie about people that want a sandbox gameplay but then want Devs to control our actions and interfear in players releations. As long the player is not cheating Devs should not interfear in any way, players have tools to deal with others so just learn to use it.

Side Note: I dont agree and dont like what the others are doing to OP, just like alot of things in AA, doesnt mean we can be criative aswell and solve things by our own.

My english is not the best, hope i managed to write my prespective in a correct way.