Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Leveling fast for RvR

Well... When I saw the advertisement for the RvR camelot Trial, I had to see if I could participate in some, but I've heard that if you want to RvR the good way... (The frontiers and such) that you should be level 45+ 50.

Well how can you level up that freaking fast in under 10 or 14 days, or however long the trial lasts... Beacuse I want to do the RvR but I feel I will run out of time before I can, I've done battlegrounds but I want to take over castles!!!

MMO Addict :D

Comments

• DrAtomicDrAtomic Member Posts: 281

Originally posted by kallion86

Well... When I saw the advertisement for the RvR camelot Trial, I had to see if I could participate in some, but I've heard that if you want to RvR the good way... (The frontiers and such) that you should be level 45+ 50.

Well how can you level up that freaking fast in under 10 or 14 days, or however long the trial lasts... Beacuse I want to do the RvR but I feel I will run out of time before I can, I've done battlegrounds but I want to take over castles!!!

The answer is, you cannot. Unless you powergame your way there, it takes about 5-7 days (120-168 hours) to get to level 50. But you'll also miss out on a lot of fun and an essential part in the game which is called grouping and making friends. You'll need friends and battleground experience to get going good in the frontiers.

Ok that said, if you really want then there are a couple of options:
    1. Buy DAOC:Epic Edition which comes with 30 days free play (@$29,-).
    2. Or get an subscription.
    3. Or buy a pre-leveled account on E-Bay (@$150,-)

Big warning though: DAOC is a game with an incredible depth and takes a lot of time and effort to understand and be good at, especially RvR since your opponents are Humans. From the sounds of it you allready tried the game, liked it and want to taste the endgame. Buy the game & get a subscription.

• JulianDracosJulianDracos Member UncommonPosts: 1,528

If all you care about is being able to take over a castle, you can do that in the BG. I do not remember what is in the pre level 20 BG, but from level 20 on you will get one keep to take over. You will also have towers to take over as well.

The only difference between the BG and NF is that the BG are level specific, you have only 1 keep and 3 towers, and it is a much smaller zone.

Even if you could get to level 50 before the trial was over and get all the equipment you would need you will lack the skill for RvR. You earn realm points for killing other players. By the time people hit 50 most have done the BG and know how to play their character in RvR. They also are Realm Rank 2L5- 4L0. So in essence you will most likely just get killed everytime you go out into the front if you rushed to 50.

You can get to 50 in DAOC in that time if you wish. You could be powerleveled or you can do Task Dungeons. If you can get into a full group that only wants to do Task Dungeons and you know people who can provide you with free gear then you could make it to 50 in 72-100 hours played. So if you could pull that off and play 10 hours a day and have a group the entire time, then you would be 50 in 7-10 days of your trial.

• kallion86kallion86 Member Posts: 50

Well I understand that there is much to be seen while leveling, It's just , Right now, I'm looking at a million games that deal with both PvE and PvP / RvR

And I basically just kind of want to see it at least... Are there places I can watch videos of RvR intense battles? that might help more.

MMO Addict :D