Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why the low number of dungeons in WoD?`

greymanicgreymanic Member UncommonPosts: 25
Don't most players prefer PVE?  I thought the number of 85 plus dungeons in Pandaria was small. Now they only give us 8 with this expansion?  Where's the content? I must be missing something and hope someone can point it out.

Comments

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

MoP had 11 dungeons (as in instanced group content) that where new and three reworked classic dungeons.

And that was at the tail end of the expansion...

So i am not sure where you got your numbers.. But as you can see starting out with 8 is pretty decent.

This have been a good conversation

• waveslayerwaveslayer Member UncommonPosts: 511

85 plus dungeons, what??? no there where not 85 or more dungeons in the pandaland ex pac.

Maybe 5 or 6 new dungeons and 3 reworked ones in MoP and a couple raids but not 85.

Godz of War I call Thee

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by waveslayer
    85 plus dungeons, what??? no there where not 85 or more dungeons in the pandaland ex pac. Maybe 5 or 6 new dungeons and 3 reworked ones in MoP and a couple raids but not 85.

^ lol

Might want to re-read the op.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• greymanicgreymanic Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Originally posted by tawess

MoP had 11 dungeons (as in instanced group content) that where new and three reworked classic dungeons.

So i am not sure where you got your numbers.. But as you can see starting out with 8 is pretty decent.

Now I'm confused. How is starting out with less than Pandaria pretty decent? You're just restating what I said and calling it "good".

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142

WoW used to have a lot of dungeons but in every expansion there were fewer and fewer dungeons. During MoP expansion they became more focused on creating scenarios instead of dungeons and I suppose its the same for WoD.

Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by greymanic

Now I'm confused. How is starting out with less than Pandaria pretty decent? You're just restating what I said and calling it "good".

I'm also confused. Where are you getting your numbers from? 

First of all, MoP had 6 Dungeons, and 3 re-worked dungeons. WoD has 7 new dungeons. (Bloodmaul Slag Mines, Blackrock Depot, Auchindoun, Arakkoa Spires, Shadowmoon Burial Grounds, Iron Barracks, Returning - UBS) plus there's supposed to be one re-tuned dungeon. 

I'm not sure where you're getting your numbers from, but it's about the same level as MoP. However, that's still like half the content that they delivered with Wrath or BC. I think that Dungeon content has simply lost some of it's lustre, honestly. So I feel like they focus less on it now. You basically give people the gear drops they need and just let them commence their grind for that piece. Same goes for raid content, though. 

So, no, I don't think that it's gotten any worse, but it's not a throwback to the earlier expacks as far as content goes. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Don't most players prefer PVE?  I thought the number of 85 plus dungeons in Pandaria was small. Now they only give us 8 with this expansion?  Where's the content? I must be missing something and hope someone can point it out.

MoP only had 6 new dungeons, what are you tlaking about?

MoP had 6 new, and 3 reworked, so I am not sure where you got your numbers either.

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

MoP did indeed have 6 new and 3 reworked dungeons for level 85+.

MoP also added 6 scenarios (or 7 if you count Theramore's Fall) and 3 raids.

As far as how WoD stacks up I think it pales into insignificance when set against the bigger question of why subscribers have had no new content for over 12 months.

In follow on patches WoW added further scenarios and raids; no dungeons though. Site like wowpedia and icy-veins are good sources for patch history etc.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    "dungeons" are just a minor stop on your way to raids anyway :)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Thane
    "dungeons" are just a minor stop on your way to raids anyway :)

This.

I haven't followed the beta at all, but is there some kind of Epic shower like Timeless Isle in this new XPAC too?

Originally posted by gervaise1

As far as how WoD stacks up I think it pales into insignificance when set against the bigger question of why subscribers have had no new content for over 12 months.

In follow on patches WoW added further scenarios and raids; no dungeons though. Site like wowpedia and icy-veins are good sources for patch history etc.

I don't know that they traditionally add dungeons, do they? I think that, generally, Dungeons are a means of progression for the PvE crowd, but after that they're useless, so why add more? They add raids in patches. Not Dungeons though.

Crazkanuk

----------------
    ----------------

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

Since when new 8 dungeons are bad for an expansion?

In regards to launch content, WoD is launching with more new dungoen/raid content than MoP and Cata did, and is actually closer to WotLK.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Why the low number of trolls in this thread? Last thread had 85 trolls in it. I am disappoint.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Its part of Blizzard spending less and less development on WoW ( like 14 months withouth new content) 

blizzard should upgrade all pre Draenor comtent and make an upgraded level 100 version of it....   And give people reason to replay all that content, both Solo and group PvE...  Upgrading to level 100 would be easy, its just a mathemetic formula.... Having 3 different difficulty levels for the group content....  With several loot tables to it....   And probably a full AA system just so people would get a personal reward from doing the resurected content...   Also rewards for the garrisons come to mind

progressive raiding would still reward the best player gear..   

And time travel is not something alien to blizzrads world..

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Its part of Blizzard spending less and less development on WoW ( like 14 months withouth new content) 

blizzard should upgrade all pre Draenor comtent and make an upgraded level 100 version of it....   And give people reason to replay all that content, both Solo and group PvE...  Upgrading to level 100 would be easy, its just a mathemetic formula.... Having 3 different difficulty levels for the group content....  With several loot tables to it....   And probably a full AA system just so people would get a personal reward from doing the resurected content...   Also rewards for the garrisons come to mind

progressive raiding would still reward the best player gear..   

And time travel is not something alien to blizzrads world..

I think people are so into getting fooled by so called monthly updates that they now act as if releasing an expansion a year is 'less development'. 

Originally posted by CrazKanuk

I don't know that they traditionally add dungeons, do they? I think that, generally, Dungeons are a means of progression for the PvE crowd, but after that they're useless, so why add more? They add raids in patches. Not Dungeons though.

They are just content like everything else. 

And they added various scenarios as well in follow on patches so ... they could have if they wanted. They just didn't for whatever reason.

Originally posted by Bigdaddyx

I think people are so into getting fooled by so called monthly updates that they now act as if releasing an expansion a year is 'less development'. 

Not sure I follow what you are getting at - are you agreeing with Lord.Bachus? If so then I absolutely agree with you that people have been "conditioned" to think that they are paying a sub for new content ..... rather than help fund Activision buying themselves out from Vivendi maybe?

By the time WoD launches it will indeed have been over 14 months since a content patch and nearly 2.5 years since MoP.

And Blizzard have already announced that they will be delaying the first raid - so WoD's content will cost the box price plus two or maybe more subs. 

Originally posted by Bigdaddyx

Not sure I follow what you are getting at - are you agreeing with Lord.Bachus? If so then I absolutely agree with you that people have been "conditioned" to think that they are paying a sub for new content ..... rather than help fund Activision buying themselves out from Vivendi maybe?

By the time WoD launches it will indeed have been over 14 months since a content patch and nearly 2.5 years since MoP.

And Blizzard have already announced that they will be delaying the first raid - so WoD's content will cost the box price plus two or maybe more subs. 

Source please? See, I read that the Dev Team is actually bigger than ever

Crazkanuk

----------------
    ----------------

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107
    Well, blizzard isn't making a lot of money these days, they probably can't afford to develop more then 8 dungeons.
  • OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    Originally posted by GrayImpact
    Well, blizzard isn't making a lot of money these days, they probably can't afford to develop more then 8 dungeons.

Are you serious? They make over $1 billion a year, easily, just from WoW alone. Mass creating dungeons isn't how you release an xpac, you should take a look at the things that they've added/changed for WoD.

When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    The only content that matters is that which is designed for level 100 charcaters... everything else will be forgotten once peeps hit 100... which traditionally happens within 24 hours for the speed levelers and within 2 weeks for everyone else.  Who the hell cares if there is a level 92-93 dungeon when you are level 100?  They shouldn't even bother with low-level dungeons anymore... people out level them faster than it takes to download the game.
  • SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107
    Originally posted by OhhPaigey

Are you serious? They make over $1 billion a year, easily, just from WoW alone. Mass creating dungeons isn't how you release an xpac, you should take a look at the things that they've added/changed for WoD.

Oh.. Wow.. You are really gullible my friend. >.< That post was a big pile of sarcasm.

It's really sad that a developer as big as blizzard provides so little content.

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    Originally posted by OhhPaigey

Oh.. Wow.. You are really gullible my friend. >.< That post was a big pile of sarcasm.

It's really sad that a developer as big as blizzard provides so little content.

Like I said, mass creating dungeons doesn't do anything lol. WoD is adding a huge amount of content, the pre-downloed patch for 6.0 was something like 23gb on beta before they condense the size, ect. That's probably bigger than any game you have on your PC, just for an expansion.

I like these arguments though, the content is there, if you don't want to do it then that's your fault. You could always buy something like Destiny and play for 2 days and be forced to buy DLC because major parts of the game were cut out to sell later on.

I have something like 170 days played this expansion just on my Druid who isn't even my main anymore, that's more content than I've gotten from playing GTA 5, Skyrim, Watch Dogs, Destiny, CoD Ghosts, Diablo 3, and a bunch more combined.

Skryim has a bunch of content, I know that, but I didn't like the game so I didn't play a lot of the content, I know that the content is there though, I just didn't play it. WoW has a lot of content, more than any game out right now, if you don't want to play it that's one thing, if you say it's because there's no content, you'd be blatantly lying to yourself.

Again, if you hate WoW, fine, I dislike it sometimes too. But don't make up lies about something because you really don't have an idea why you don't like it, that just makes you sound silly.

When all is said and done, more is always said than done.